• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

168gr Berger Hybrid Target bullets question

Krob95

Black Multicam Master Race
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2019
    NoCo
    Curious if anyone here is really using these Berger 168gr hybrids in their 308. How sensitive to jump are they? Do they suffer the same issue as the SMK 168 past 800 yards where they disappear (issa joke). Or am I better off sticking with the 175gr VLD target bullets?

I use them at 800,900,1000 for Palma matches with an AR10. They are definitely not your father's SMK. H4895 or Varget-lots of it. Palma brass is a bonus.

Currently running lapua LRP brass, CCI 200’s and varget. They pretty easy to load for?

The newer 168s aren't too bad. I run the Hornady ELDs just fine, Bergers would/could be even better. Hybrids are easy to load for. Designed with a purpose for that

several of us saw significantly better groups at .020+" off the lands. closer than that was worse. try on the lands and then .025" off, one of the those will be much better than the other. not finicky at all.

Thank you guys for the info! I’ll see what happens with the last 50 VLD’s I have and then will probably make the switch