• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 168gr SMK Muley

cruizer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2009
NM
482yds
SPS tactical, 308
bang flop
shooting position
IMG-20111108-00314.jpg

not the deer I as after. he has a cool kicker on his left side that you cant see in the pics, 5 points on the left 3 on the right plus eye gaurds
IMG-20111108-00317.jpg

Re: 168gr SMK Muley

shot as slightly behind the shoulder between ribs, bullet size entry, exit hit a rib and left a half dollar sized exit. took out the lungs, missed the heart and spine.

I am not sold on the SMK. if the shot wouldnt have been right It could have gone wrong

Nice Muley. I'd like to one day get out west and hunt something beside Whitetails.

The blood on the eye is probably just random blood splattering from the nose.

Dave

Neat pics and nice buck. Yep, those SMK's work well for hunting.

yee haaa, hard to run and breath when your lung blood is comming out your snoot...nice photo and deer!

We love to make a big deal about hunting bullets. Inarguable fact is a high powered rifle bullet penetrating an animal's body and exiting, or not, from the vitals forward, reasonably, is fatal to the natural life of the animal.

(;-))

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruizer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I am not sold on the SMK. <span style="font-weight: bold">if the shot wouldnt have been right It could have gone wrong</span> </div></div>

Yes, as with <span style="font-weight: bold">ANY</span> bullet you could have fired, regardless of the bullet you shoot it would go bad for you if it was misplaced. Many are sold on the SMK, many are not. But you just made a great argument for them.

BTW, Nice shot and a nice buck!

Nice Mulie and pics.

On a side note, if you want a good 168 berger vld load that I made for my R700 tactical pm me and see my montana post for autopsy pics...

Great buck - hope you delivered to your taxidermist. Great shooting too!