• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

.17 HMR at 500 and 800 yards (video) CZ 452

Re: .17 HMR at 500 and 800 yards (video) CZ 452

I would ask the jury to turn their attention to the defendants statement, and I quote: "My stock is bedded tho."
Nothing but a pretender would make that statement and claim to be a professional gunslinger. This is a troll.
What part of a stock do you bed exactly?

Yall have to understand tho, he is using "standard" barrel tho with 80.000 rounds through it tho... LOL!

Thanx Lads.... Lov It!! Sorry about the miss use of termanology, it's jst i'm so used 2 saying it that way. I ment i have a stock that has an alloy pillar n the actions bedded. The stock was custom made. Glad 2 of made the last couple of day's amusing for ya's! Aaahh well.... i'd better get bak 2 my rim job now 'Whoops.... i ment 'Day job.... ..Sorry... i ment Rim Job! LOL! Troll LoL LoL LoL All the way home!
Thanx for the heads up tho! I'll try n b a bit more on the ball nxt time! Cheers

Ok, this might be dumb but I gotta ask... what the heck is a troll besides some creature living under a bridge?

i leaked a wiki:
full story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

in short:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun troll can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in "that was an excellent troll you posted". While the term troll and its associated action trolling are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with trolling being used to describe intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, recent media accounts have used the term troll to describe "a person who defaces internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."

Got it, thanks for filling me in
smile.gif

Damn!! Sorry Lads, i didn't know what a troll was either, Sorry about that!! I appologise! I'll post an on subject msg 2moro, Cheers

Lol ths has been prty funny. It shure is gr8 to reed posts ritten like a 14
yo girl.
If this guy is kidding its pretty damn funny, if not I am pretty amazed. Guess I know what it felt like for people andy kaufman for the first time.

So it's not really a vital organ eh?

Ha! You guys are funny. Havent't come back to this thread much since I started it.
smile.gif

OK! Now for a little bit of honesty! I think you's have ern't it by now! I joined this forum site quite a while ago, but never got 2 post'n anything until now, as now i have a leg injury. But i had a quick look around here n couldn't find any1 that had sum reasonable criticism thrown at em, & i wanted to gauge sum of this for myself, at myself....... n now i have 2 say i have a lot more respect for you fella's now! But i couldn't help it.. This post jst call for sum sarcasm... Yeh, what i wrote wasn't true, i jst wanted 2 sort the Turtles from the Shrimp's so 2 say. (Turtles b'n hardend oldies n Shrimp's b'n thin skinned hair pullers) That's why i wrote what i wrote n you's saw straight thru it! I'v always looked at this site as the best forum site available due 2 the people here, n now i have a new level of respect for you's! I'll keep 2 proper post's from now on! n yeh, i am a Troll, but i won't b in the future! But dam you's r funny!!
Now 2 redeam myself a little, so i'll jst point out the obvious here.... If the projectile left his barrel @ the standard 2550fps, by the time that tiny little pill reached the 500 mtrs (yds) mark it's only do'n about 820fps, which is subsonic, so correct me if i'm wrong but the projectile would be spinning off axis (tumbeling) which degrades accuracy for starters once you get below the 1050fps mark. The breeze looked gusty @ the rockface (blowing from R to L) at inconsistant speeds, But consistantly steady @ about 2mph (R to L) at the shooting position were he lay. So we'll say a full factor 90 Deg crosswind he was shooting thru, with varing speed winds. So in a 3mph cross wind for eg (if it were cosistant...) he would be getting @ 500mtrs, about 32 inches drift!!! & to print a group that size???? 32in @ 500 equals 6.1 Mil. N if he had his zero set for 150mtrs, the projectile would be printing (@ 1500ft Altitude) about 172 inches low, about 9.5 Mil. So he would have to hold 6 Mil right n 9.5 Mil high... ...... n a group that size..... I'm jst wonder'n what kind of majic spell he was us'n that day....???? But due 2 there bad smell.... you can always smell a rat! Thanx again for the Troll Diagnosis & diagram's, LOL

^ lol. Some trolls aren't all that bad lol. 32" of drift. DAMN. I also noticed in the video that there were no wind markers between the shooter and the target. I need one even at 300. That's cause I'm not all that great. But even a skilled shooter using a rimfire would need at least one if not at 500, then definitely at 800.