• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

17hm2

JWP58

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2012
Anyone shoot a 17 mach 2? Kinda debating whether or not to get another .22lr w/ a threaded barrel (savage fv sr) or go with a new rimfire caliber.

The 17hm2 intrigues me, for small game i believe it would be great, and its not much more exspensive than match .22lr.

Re: 17hm2

17m2 is an awesome round -- especially if (as it sounds) you already have a few 22lr's.

Love this round. If you have magazines already thats one more reason to buy.I feel its more usefull that 17HMR, just a victim of poor marketing. I shoot a Kimber and plan on getting the Savage since I have mags.for a .22 already.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CallOfDuty#1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.22lr's ghey little brother </div></div>

Interesting perspective.

It's a fun little round, but I have better luck in feild shooting situations with good bulk pack .22lr.
Where I live wind can cause problems.
When shooting ground squirrels out in the grass it is difficult to see the impact when you miss.
.22 long rifle kicks up a little more comotion. Quite often I can get a second round hit at unknown range with some breeze involved, with the .22.
While it seems like it takes 5 rounds to see enough to gauge wind and range and get a hit with the 17M2.

best fox and grey squirrel round ever! wanna try suppressed when I get back to TX---fantastic "urban" small game round when you can do headshots--no ricochets like 22lr

The best squirrel round. Should be as or more accurate than similarly priced .22LR ammo. 1" up and down in 125 yards means point and shoot. SGAMMO has the best price for the most liked brand, Eley for about $5 a box shipped when you buy 2K.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shaman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The best squirrel round. Should be as or more accurate than similarly priced .22LR ammo. 1" up and down in 125 yards means point and shoot. SGAMMO has the best price for the most liked brand, Eley for about $5 a box shipped when you buy 2K. </div></div>

ya what shaman said
grin.gif
i own 3 of them great round. tony

I own a CZ 452 American in .17HM2 and absolutely love it. I have a 452 American in each of the four calibers, but the HM2 has become my favorite especially for small game. I enjoy using the .22LR and .17HMR for training rifles and I use the .22WMR for a carry rifle in the woods/fields for coons/possums/groundhogs.

The HM2 does pretty substantial damage to critters, so placing your shot correctly is to your benefit. I haven't had a crawler though since I started using the HM2 as the squirrel rifle.

I have several hm2s and many .22lrs. If I only take one gun to the range its the hm2. More accurate than my expensive .22lr ammo, better killing power inside of 125 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CallOfDuty#1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.22lr's ghey little brother </div></div>

I love when new idiots join the site.