• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

18" 308 velocity nodes

1jonathan1994

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2018
Laurel, MS
I'm not asking about time, but the velocities that go with that time for a 308. 18". 155 class bullets.
Also interested in 178's.

Believe it or not, velocity and barrel time are irrispective of each other. Two bullets with the same muzzle velocity can have different barrel times, depending on the burn rate of the powder and when and where the pressure curve is. I assumed trying to acheive the same mv with my barrel would get me to a node when switching powders and according to quickLoad, the barrel times were quite different even though the velocities were the same. .

Basically, to answer your question more accurately, You would have to know your case capacity, actual bullet length, COAL, powder used and it would still be a S.W.A.G. Using QuickLoad to guestimate the velocities at each barrel time node.