• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

18" GAP10 suppressor question

MisterMoad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2012
Dayton, OH
www.facebook.com
I'm in the process of ordering an 18" GAP10 with a rifle length hand guard and a noveske switch block.
Is the barrel long enough to dissipate enough gas for the suppressor?
or is that what the switch block is for?

I'm new to the whole suppressor game.

Thanks guys.

I can't speak for AR10s but I can tell you that I prefer and adjustable gas block on my AR15 rifles. Even the 20" barrel on a .223 gun is not enough to make it not over gas the gun. The way I have my 20" gun dialed in is that the gas adjustment is so tightened down it won't cycle without and suppressor attached. Attach the suppressor and it lobs the brass out at abut 4 o'clock and cycles perfect. That's with a rifle length gas system. With the Switch Block you'll discover what click you like with the suppressor attached and then just one click out should run the gun with the suppressor off. You'll be able to make the changes on the fly without tools, unlike my setups with the Syrnac gas blocks. On the SBR's that I have with pinned non-adjustable gas blocks I just put up with the over gassed issues and tune the gun with different weight buffers to get them reliable. But shooting left handed I still get tons of gas in the face on those.

Your suppressor will also determine how much back pressure you have. My Ranger 2 is more back pressure than the Mini4 and both are more then my SAS Reaper since that's a .30 cal can. I would highly suggest you only buy .30 cal cans since they can be used on all calibers from .300 Win Mag down to .223. They will not suppress the noise as much as the dedicated .223 can in most instances but suppressing a gas gun is not going to be super quiet either so I don't worry about the over all numbers that manufactures claim, you still need ear pro no matter what unless it's a bolt gun.

Last edited:
Yes, an 18 inch is plenty. I am aware of people goin as short as 13 on suppressed .308s. 10.5 is my limit for a 5.56, but I have seen shorter. Honestly, I think exterior ballistics should be the determination as far as barrel length, not suppressor use. It all gets much easier with an adjustable GB.

I bet GAP could give some good advice.

GAP will drill out the "suppressed" hole on the switchblock to deliver the proper amount of gas for your rifle/suppressor combo.

I just received my 18" GAP 10 w/ 18" bbl and switchblock, but I haven't yet shot it.

BTW, last thing before your rifle is finished, you'll have to send your suppressor in for them to tune it. It took them about 2 weeks, shipping time both ways included. The rifle actually arrived before the can.

I have an 18.5" AR308 dpms style that I shoot suppressed and it's shoots great with no issues.

GAP will drill out the "suppressed" hole on the switchblock to deliver the proper amount of gas for your rifle/suppressor combo.

I just received my 18" GAP 10 w/ 18" bbl and switchblock, but I haven't yet shot it.

BTW, last thing before your rifle is finished, you'll have to send your suppressor in for them to tune it. It took them about 2 weeks, shipping time both ways included. The rifle actually arrived before the can.
p
When did you order. And show me a pic!

I have a 308 GAP 10 with the Noveske block and after run it fairly often with a surefire can and it works fine. I have noticed that it is a little finicky on how I shoulder it suppressed, but once you figure it you youll be fine.