• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

180 grain Sierra Game Kings in 308

Redwagon97

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2017
Has anyone used these 180 grain GameKings with success in long range shooting? I would like to multi task and have a good hunting round and also have something that will maintain sub MOA accuracy to punch holes in paper out to 1000.
I'm currently using the Hornady 178 ELD-X with pretty good results, however these Game Kings are $10 a hundred cheaper. Any help or load work ups would be greatly appreciated!

(I apologize if this is the wrong place to post, but had no luck in the search bar)

The tips on soft point bullets in the mag can get deformed during recoil. That can't be good for long range accuracy. 1 moa to 1000 is asking a lot of any bullet.

Very good point (excuse the pun). One MOA is just a goal. I personally probably could not maintain 1 MOA shooting to 1000 even if my equipment could. Thank you for the reply.