• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 185 Juggernaut Terminal Ballistics

Nachtwolf

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
Montana
First post on the new old site.

.308 guys, just wondering if anyone has any good info on the terminal ballistics of the 185 Juggernaut on deer sized game? I know there are guys using 175 SMKs with decent success, just haven't heard a lot of info about Juggernauts and I really like how they shoot so I'm curious. I know there are probably better choices out there but please, humor me. Pictures would be awesome if ya got em

Yeah I saw a few on there. I guess my main question is if they perform similar to a traditional hollow point (SMK for example). Because being a tactical bullet I'm more concerned about them not fragmenting (like a FMJ). Any experience appreciated

Yeah I saw a few on there. I guess my main question is if they perform similar to a traditional hollow point (SMK for example). Because being a tactical bullet I'm more concerned about them not fragmenting (like a FMJ). Any experience appreciated

Not sure what you mean about FMJ's. But the only bullets that dont fragment are bonded ones, and even that depends.

Yeah... Just wondering if they fragment like a SMK in tissue or act more like a FMJ. Berger's website makes them sound more like a FMJ... Maybe I should get some ballistics gel and test. A lot of people are using them so it surprises me that there isn't more info floating around about how well they perform on game

Yeah... Just wondering if they fragment like a SMK in tissue or act more like a FMJ. Berger's website makes them sound more like a FMJ... Maybe I should get some ballistics gel and test. A lot of people are using them so it surprises me that there isn't more info floating around about how well they perform on game

If they work the same as an SMK then they will be fine. Fragmentation isn't as big a deal as some people make it out to be.

Yeah I hope they work similar to a VLD or SMK. I've had good results with VLDs on deer and from the pictures I've seen the SMKs aren't that different. I prefer fragmentation vs weight retention for most of the hunting I do. I bet the Juggernauts will prove to be similar. Thanks for the conversation Coldbore