• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD 1895 CBA 45-70 $1,100

3ngineer

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2020
    1895 CBA 18" Octagonal 45-70 ($1,100 shipped)

Brand new in original box and unfired. Absolutely beautiful rifle. It's Remington made but it's fit and finish is as good as my JM 1895 LTD III, which this rifle is a remake of. This rifle is in my opinion the best configuration of 1895's. The manueverability of an 18" barrel, blued steel, full length mag tube, and to top it all off, a beautiful octagonal barrel with brass front sight. It doesn't get any better than this. I doubt Ruger will make more of this model.

Click the album to view photos right side up. Not sure why the display one is upside down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1894 Carbine 357 Magnum 18" ($1,000 shipped)

Rifle is overall in good condition. No pitting or significant wear marks. Some speckling on the receiver which can be seen in pictures. Previous owner had electrical tape wrapped around the magazine tube for a make shift slip-on sling mount. I removed the sling mount and tape but the residue is still there. I didn't try removing it because I don't have the proper solvent that won't damage the blueing. Barrel band screw head was buggered when I bought it. Action is smooth and trigger is crisp.

Similar rifles sold by auction for around $1,450 on gunbroker (see screenshot). My price is almost 1/3 lower. Not sure if Remington made 1894 Carbines, but Ruger has not yet and who knows if they ever will. I personally preferr blued leverguns over stainless.

Last edited:
    I received some questions about the 357 carbine. I've updated the imgur album with more photos.

Bore condition? Mirror bright.

Sling swivel installed in bullseye? I don't think the older 1894 carbines had bullseyes. I have two others (357 and 44 mag), and neither have bullseye but have sling swivels in the same spot.