• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1903A3 throat and muzzle wear gauge.

I have one but I'm in WV. You might check on the CMP forums or Culvers shooting page. You can get an "idea" of throat wear with some ball ammo. All the gauge from the CMP is an elongated bullet with measurements on it. Sorry I'm not more helpful. Check in the M1 Garand Forums on the CMP website if no one here has one.

Not original GI ones but Brownells does carry them. Looks like out of stock right now. You could call them and ask when they might be getting more in.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

I have one but I'm in WV. You might check on the CMP forums or Culvers shooting page. You can get an "idea" of throat wear with some ball ammo. All the gauge from the CMP is an elongated bullet with measurements on it. Sorry I'm not more helpful. Check in the M1 Garand Forums on the CMP website if no one here has one.

I think you are confusing muzzle wear gauge with throat erosion gauge.

Different animals.

CMP does sell both tools though.

Reactions: TurdFerguson

Not original GI ones but Brownells does carry them. Looks like out of stock right now. You could call them and ask when they might be getting more in.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Off topic.....

Doing any left hand twist .308 barrels during the age of social distancing?..........asking for an, er, friend.

Hope you and shop workers are healthy.

Reactions: Frank Green
Off topic.....

Doing any left hand twist .308 barrels during the age of social distancing?..........asking for an, er, friend.

Hope you and shop workers are healthy.

We’re doing good and plugging away at work. Thanks for the nice thought. We’re busy.

Left hand or right hand doesn’t matter. They run all the time. It’s just a different tool and we have to hit a button on the rifling machine to tell it to do left hand. :)

Hope you and yours and all on the Hide don’t get the virus thing. Stay healthy and keep shooting! I know ranges and matches are for the most part closed but pull the trigger when you can!

Later, Frank