• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 1911 Gunsmith

rugerdiggs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2012
Southeast Oklahoma
Here is what I have.

My Ruger SR1911 has a bit of a spongy feeling trigger and was thinking it may break in but have 500-600 rounds down the pipe and its still the same. Gun shoots awesome as is but would really like a trigger job on it. Wilson combat is about 6-8wks behind. I don't want to trust just anybody to mess with my 1911 and my smith is having hip problems and not taking work so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you know how to field strip a 1911 then I would just buy a Cylinder & Slide drop in trigger kit. It will make a world of difference in your trigger break. Thats if you know how to field strip and replace parts on your 1911. If your not comfortable doing that and have to ship out your pistol then you will be looking at overnight shipping to the gunsmith plus return shipping to start. Then there is the wait time, parts, labor, etc. Your probably looking at least $300 by the time all is said and done for a gunsmith to do the work.

Cylinder & Slide Super Match Trigger Pull 5-Piece Set 1911 Government

Thanks for the all the info. I ran across a business card in the back of my wallet from a gunshow I was at in Fort Worth Texas a couple years ago and he was a 1911 smith. If he is still in the business he is in easy driving distance. If not may look into the " Cylinder & Slide Super Match Trigger Pull 5-Piece Set 1911 Government " that looks good and easy