• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns 1911 Mags, what do you like?

Re: 1911 Mags, what do you like?

I have mostly Wilson 47Ds but I also have 2 Tripp Cobra, and 3 CM black stainless mags. They all work great but some of my 1911s prefer one brand over the others. So I buy what the gun likes!

I use Wison 47d's but I have recently switched to the Wilson 500 (IIRC thats the correct corporate designation). Good stuff. Always flawless function. I also have a few CMC with great performance as well.

I've had good experiences with CMC magazines. No hiccups from those

I have used Wilson, CMC, and Tripp Research. I think that Tripp Cobra mags are outstanding in construction and performance. I had some issues with CMC Power Mags that I purchased which caused the first round to "nose down." I contacted CMC and I received a "lesson" in how a magazine "works" which I found to be a bit smart assed myself. I changed to mags to CMC Power Mag Plus and the issue was resolved but it left a poor taste in my mouth. I called Tripp Research over the same issue during this time and I was advised what was causing the issue without bashing the competition. I asked if Tripp Mags would have the issues and I was advised, "no." I purchased 3 Tripp Cobra Mags and have not looked back since.

Hilton Yam likes CMC PowerMags. I have one but also have a handful of Wilsons.

When I was new to 1911s a decade ago everyone said WIlson 47Ds were the best.

After years of malfunctions and abandoning the platform I revisited it later with new guns and Tripp mags after reading about WIlson's weak magazine springs, short body (for an "8rd" mag) and soft feed lips.

Tripp and Checkmate are all I use now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tripp for 110% reliability </div></div>

Only way to go. 10 45 mags 7 9mm mags and 7 10mm mags.
I would pay that much if i didnt believe in them.

I run Wilson ETM's in both 45 and 9mm and have been very happy with them. The 9's are a little hard to seat with 10 rds in them but they all have functioned perfectly.

Jeremy45

Just got two Tripp mags the other day, and was able to try them lastnight! WOW....those are smooth SMOOTH mags!! Now, I only tried them in one 1911, so I'll have to try in multiple. My GRP LOVED THEM!!

That being said, Wilson 47's have also been very very good to me.

I personally have had most problems with CmC mags. Is it a lot of problems? no, but those are the most finicky mags I have by far! They go in my practice mags pouch.

Again, thank you everyone for your responses!

-G45

I wonder if I should do another Tripp mag group buy, as I could use a few more myself. The last time I did, though, my girlfriend almost killed me! We did get a great bargain on the mags, though.

Numerous years of 10-round Shooting Stars and Wilsons for my Springfield IPSC 1911. No feeding problems with either. I did, however, just notice that there's a crack where the feed lip meets the back corner of the mag on one of my Shooting Stars. Still feeds fine, but I'll replace it.

CORRECTION: It's one of my Wilson mags.

Richard