• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing 1911 slide engraved?

rware91

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2009
Spring, Texas
My dad just retired from the police department and i want to get his 1911, and have some work done to it. im looking to get the following engraved:
Houston Police Department
Lt. **** ****
19**-19**
27 years of dedicated service
Does anyone know where i can send off the slide to get this done? also do you have any ideas to make it more special and meaningful for him? thanks.
RYAN

Re: 1911 slide engraved?

Maybe his badge number? I dunno. That's going to be awesome no matter what. I'm sure he'll love it.

Please ask him before you do anything to his pistol.

I have seen a couple of occasions where friends/family have done this for someone and it was not appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please ask him before you do anything to his pistol.

I have seen a couple of occasions where friends/family have done this for someone and it was not appreciated. </div></div>

+1
If he wants it done fine.
We buy our retirees a Glock of choice and have it engraved by a place in Louisiana. I will get you their info tomorrow.

I was thinking about buying a caspian slide for this. Now I'm for sure buying the slide. Does anyone know of a quality shop to send it to? Also any more ideas of what to put on it? Thanks

Cylinder and Slide, Wilson, Hoag, there are a few great 1911's smiths out there.
If he has a nickname ******* " nickname" ******** is pretty common. I definitely like
the badge #.