• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns 1911 won't eject..

SouthernGunner

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2011
Texas
The fired round will only go halfway out of the chamber.
What could be wrong?
DAAD13C1-0F1A-4001-A798-F81FF1D5AE6C-67744-0000216767C79614_zps44a76cc6.jpg

Extractor may be broken or needs to be tuned (Bent).

Perhaps these loads are too hot and the extractor is zipping right over the rim but I don't see any marks that would indicate a good grab by the extractor.

From the pick, the loads don't look hot. No flat primer and rim looks fine. With that said, go buy a Wilson bullet proof extractor.

I just went and bought some different loads and they shoot fine. All I had at first was some 150 gr Dynamic research rounds and I guess they were too hot. Now I have some Tula 230gr and they shoot good

Kimber?

Measure cartridge rim diameter. Alot of QC is sliding in todays market due to demand. I had this happen once and it turned out to be a manufacturer flaw. Perform a 10-8 and Wilson Extractor test, and adjust as nessessary. Also check for clocking. If it persists or returns in 1k, replace with a Wilson BP unit.