• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1st place in todays shoot!

clayne_b

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Went to another match today. I had not shot my CZ since the last match about 2 months ago, coyote hunting and life has been taking up to much time. lol. I had alot of fun! I brought my daughter Quinny with me this time. She has been begging to come to one for a while now. She got to shoot after.

here is a video I threw together of a few of the stages I shot in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKVtdXGh9ys

Re: 1st place in todays shoot!

Well done on getting first.

That looks like a pretty well thought out shoot and a lot of fun.

Thanks for posting.

Looked like a great time for sure and congrats on winning !

If you have the C.O.F or could get a copy maybe you could post it up for those of us who'd love to set something like this up in our area.

Go get 'em Clayne--interesting your daughter and my granddaughter share the same name--Quinn [named after her great grandfather Quinton from the Philippines].

Really cool video! Nice shooting.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sscoyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go get 'em Clayne--interesting your daughter and my granddaughter share the same name--Quinn [named after her great grandfather Quinton from the Philippines]. </div></div>

She is named after her grandpa on her moms side, Morris Quincy.

good goin' clayne!

definately gave me a few ideas to use in my long range stuff coming next year.

looks like it was a blast.

you look different than i would have pictured - sort of a cross between mike waddell (bone collector) and larry the cable guy (menaing that in a good way)

A hunter is more than a predator, a hunter is a provider…a caretaker…a leader. I will never make excuses for who I am… It’s the way I was born… I’m a hunter… A BONE COLLECTOR!!!”......get-r-done!

ClayneB, Myself, and sevreal others shoot CCI SV at the matches.

When I bought my Savge TR I tried 16 different ammos from American Eagle 40gr HV to several eley, RWS, fed match, CCI green tag, etc. The CCI SV at $2.80 a box shoots just as good as any of them.

I just dont see a reason to spend $8-$15 a box of 50rnds. when I can consistantly shoot matches, toothpicks, 1/16" dots. at 25 yards and the 5/16" KYL steel target at 50 yards with CCI SV.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looked like a great time for sure and congrats on winning !

If you have the C.O.F or could get a copy maybe you could post it up for those of us who'd love to set something like this up in our area. </div></div>

Hey AtOne,
If you ( or ANYONE )want to send me an email to [email protected] I'll send you a coppy of our last 4-5 match COF's along with the printable paper targets we use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayne_b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

here is a video I threw together of a few of the stages I shot in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKVtdXGh9ys </div></div>

Unfortunatley my wife showed up just as we finished the Matches and toothpick stage so it didnt get caought on video.

For those sending me PMs on how the match is run here is a bit of info.

I used to run it with TWO groups of shooters (the same way our Cheapskate match is run by Blackwhiskey) Group 1- Advanced shooters (limited to 12-15 of the best shooters), group 2- Basic shooters (everyone else). Weve had up to 32 shooters at a match in the basic group at a Cheapskate match.
BASIC group has easier COF's with more time to shoot per round and only goes out to 100 yards MAX. The scoring is also more forgiving (no negative scores). The targets are bigger (ex: 3/4" flies at 25 yards vs 1/4" flies).
Marksman group has Harder COF's ( movement, exercise, harder positional shooting) with less time to shoot per round (ex: "speed Dots" are five 1/2" dots, 5 shots in 10 seconds), shoots out to 200 yards, has negative points for misses, wrong targets hit, and no failure to engage (no shoots).

Hhere are the qualification rules to shoot in the marksman group:

Marksman Group Qualification Rules
The idea is to keep the Marksman Group as close to 10-12 shooters as possible.
1) There will be 12 spots Max for the Marksman Group each match.
2) If you score in the Top Ten you are automatically in the Marksman group for the next month’s match. (If there are 10 or less shooters they all qualify for the Marksman group next match)
3) If you score 11th or 12th but less than 12 people show up for the Marksman group at the next match you can still shoot in the Marksman group that match.
4) Top ten scores from the previous match have 1st priority on the signup sheet.
5) If you miss a match or more but were in the top ten in your last match you can still shoot in the Marksman Group if there is a spot open. Otherwise you drop to the Basic shooters group until you earn your way back to the Marksman Group.
6) Top 2 shooters in the Basic group have priority on the Marksman group signup over the 11th & 12th place shooters in the Marksman group from the previous match.
7) If a shooter from the Basic group score 1st or 2nd BUT doesn’t want to advance to the Marksman group ( Maybe hes shooting with his children in the Basic Group) that’s fine but he loses his chance to shoot in the Marksman group in future matches unless he scores 1st or 2nd again in the previous match.

As of the last match I no longer have a BASIC group (but the Cheapskate match does). It was just too much trouble to find someone to run the basic group while I ran and shot in the Marksman group (both groups shoot at different locations, 100 yd range and the 200 yd range, and I cant be at both places at once).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rocca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ClayneB, Myself, and sevreal others shoot CCI SV at the matches.

When I bought my Savge TR I tried 16 different ammos from American Eagle 40gr HV to several eley, RWS, fed match, CCI green tag, etc. The CCI SV at $2.80 a box shoots just as good as any of them.

I just dont see a reason to spend $8-$15 a box of 50rnds. when I can consistantly shoot matches, toothpicks, 1/16" dots. at 25 yards and the 5/16" KYL steel target at 50 yards with CCI SV. </div></div>

Thanks. Just curious. I've found them pretty accurate as well. Seems Wolf Match, Eley, CCI Green Tag are all pretty close.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rocca</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looked like a great time for sure and congrats on winning !

If you have the C.O.F or could get a copy maybe you could post it up for those of us who'd love to set something like this up in our area. </div></div>

Hey AtOne,
If you ( or ANYONE )want to send me an email to [email protected] I'll send you a coppy of our last 4-5 match COF's along with the printable paper targets we use. </div></div>

That's fantastic Rocca !
There's quite a few of us up here that are looking for something just like this and it looks like it would be fun as hell.
Email sent
wink.gif

Hey guys i am new here and am very interested in this competition! Could i get info on when they are and time and such? i just live here in mapleton 10 minutes from the range! Hike by it almost every day!

Sorry to be a prick, but I hope I didn't see that little girl on the firing line without eye and ear protection?

very cool man. looks fun. wish our monthly match did more positional shooting.

DT