• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2.0 skins aics pistol grip vs. viper

bjay

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2009
Aloha state HI
Ok ive been seeing a lot of member been replacing their thumbhole skin to pistol grip style and 98% saying they like them better.i wanna how good realy a pistol grip so im about to stop this curiousity, i just need aa few feeds between the two the aics pistol grip or viper they look pretty identical besides of 149.00 vs 119.00

I had a lot of trouble getting used to the thumbhole stock and bought the AI pistol grip. Just wanted to keep everything AI. However, the Viper Skins can be made to work with the Atlas monopod and the AI can't(as far as I know). The pistol grip stock just works better for me but everyone is different.

I had a lot of trouble getting used to the thumbhole stock and bought the AI pistol grip. Just wanted to keep everything AI. However, the Viper Skins can be made to work with the Atlas monopod and the AI can't(as far as I know). The pistol grip stock just works better for me but everyone is different.
Ty budd.. im a rear bag guy so monopod is out of the picture.

I picked up a Tikka with the Roedale chassis and Vipers. I used to shoot the the old 1.5 thumbhole. At first fondling I hated the Vipers. I bought higher rings and readjusted the position. Now it feels better. Just have to get it to the range. I think they will be very nice in the long run.

I can't find anyone who has the 'new' AI skins in stock right now so I too am looking at the vipers.

Oddly, the Viperskins dont do the same green, which even odder, is an issue for me, so I think I'm going to have to wait until the OD fleck is back in stock.

Has anyone bought the Viperskins and not liked them?

I'm a huge fan of the thumbhole, so am a bit worried I'll dislike the pistol grip.

Reactions: Afkirby
I like the looks of the AI style over the viperskins, never handled either though. But I want to change up the thumbhole of mine.
Where abouts would I be able to get some AI pistol grip stock sides? Being in Aus my options are somewhat limited locally, somewhere that would ship here would be ideal.

My 2.0 folder came in today from Milehigh. Just holding the stock with the thumb hole doesn't feel too bad. My intention is to order the Viper Skins next week so any additional opinions would be great. Myself being a smaller framed person find comfort in AR styled fitment thus the reason going with the AICS and wanting the Viper Skins. Traditional styles stocks just never have suited me well with hand/finger to trigger position.

Have the AI pistol grip skins on my AE and like them over the thumb hole. I do have the CJK mono pod and it all worked well with some machining. The Vipers will work well too and they seem like good people and maybe the rubber on the pistol grip might be nicer, I wanted to stay all AI though.

I can't find anyone who has the 'new' AI skins in stock right now so I too am looking at the vipers.

Oddly, the Viperskins dont do the same green, which even odder, is an issue for me, so I think I'm going to have to wait until the OD fleck is back in stock.

I'm a huge fan of the thumbhole, so am a bit worried I'll dislike the pistol grip.

midway has them in stock 119.00 compare to viper 149..not much diff on price im waiting for someone brake it down between the two

Very happy viperskin owner here. I didn't get along well with the AI thumb-hole, and the pistol grip is MUCH better for me. Haven't handled the AI version, but the new design of that "V2" rear viperskin is working out great with my rear-bag situation. I think its big improvement over the older design. So, in my opinion, the V2 back end rocks, and that option makes the viperskins better. Is it correct that the viperskins also allow you to mount "tacticool" rails (and a flush-cup option) on the fore-arm and the AI does not? Otherise, not much difference between them as far as I can tell. If the differences mentioned in this thread don't matter much to you, I say just go with whichever has the closest match to the color you want...

Last edited:
Very happy viperskin owner here. I didn't get along well with the AI thumb-hole, and the pistol grip is MUCH better for me. Haven't handled the AI version, but the new design of that "V2" rear viperskin is working out great with my rear-bag situation. I think its big improvement over the older design. So, in my opinion, the V2 back end rocks, and that option makes the viperskins better. Is it correct that the viperskins also allow you to mount "tacticool" rails (and a flush-cup option) on the fore-arm and the AI does not? Otherise, not much difference between them as far as I can tell. If the differences mentioned in this thread don't matter much to you, I say just go with whichever has the closest match to the color you want...
Tnx scott.. i just ordered ai OD.. does viper comes with od? I got 2.0 im thikin upgrading v2 rear i like to use rear bag

I have both 1.5 and 2.0 versions and am perfectly happy with the ergonomics of the standard thumbhole. Viper skins were way overpriced at $199.00 before AI's introduction of a pistol grip. With that said, when AI came out with their new pistol grip model I purchased a set from Milehigh Supply for $114 shipped. I see now that the viperskin price has come down to $149. Dont have any experince with them as of yet but am very satisfied with the new Accuracy Intenational's skins.

7.jpg

6.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Hi Montana--

We have OD Fleck in stock.. contact me if you need. Also the pistol grip stock is not for everyone, some people try it and prefer the thumbhole. If you order our skins, you are welcome to return them if you don't like the feel, I don't have a problem with that.

Our ViperSkins are superior to the AI pistolgripped skins in many ways.

Just a few to mention:

1. We have a more natural grip than the AI- everyone agrees with this!
2. We have a grippy pistol grip - the AI is hard plastic
3. We have a wider, more stable fore-end
4. We offer an XL pistol grip to fit large hands
5. We have two sets of pic rails available short and long (in stock too!)
6. We have a thumb shelf to index your thumb when shooting rapid strings
7. We offer a rear stock solution that will mount to the Accushot Monopod with NO MODS
8. And everyone knows we give the BEST customer service in the business! : )

Let me know if I can help,

Michael V.

I agree with everything that Michael Victor said. Especially his customer service! He just sorted me out with the old style/new style AICS block issue without question or hesitation. You have to respect a company owner that takes the time to personally respond to questions and concerns with their products.

The Capn'

I ordered my Viper skins on Thursday and got them on Saturday (today)
What sold me was the the indent for the thumb because I don't wrap my thumb around the pistol grip. That alone is worth $40 to me.

I have two sets of vipers. The fit and finish is way Better with the vipers than with the AI sides.

I have Viperskins on multiple AI rifles and AICS chassis and definitely prefer them over original AI skins. Victor has excellent customer service. Oh, I forgot to say I prefer the V2.0 rear stock.

That's great, as I was just looking at a friend's rifle (Rem 700 on an AIC chassis) that I was interested in, I shot it multiple times, but just could not get used to the thumb hole on the AIC stock. It seemed like my palm and trigger finger were just too close and at an awkward position. I really liked the rifle, but hated the grip. I thought it might grow on me after several shots, but it didn't. I think the Viper Skins my be the answer here. I have a medium sized hand and wondered if the grips come in different sizes and are interchangeable?

The grippy section on the Vipers can be changed to a larger one. The standard grip should work for med. size hands.
Vipers are the way to go.
Michael's customer service is A+++

Just made the switch yesterday, quite a improvement in fit and feel. Cant Wait to take her out.

Attachments

• IMG_3868.jpg
    IMG_3868.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 21