• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2 down for Tyler....great day for my son. Video

Sendero_Man

OMWP... the way I roll
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 29, 2007
    Buffalo, Wyoming
    montanagunslings.com
    <span style="color: #CC0000">VIDEO added below</span>

Tyler and I went out for opening morning here in Wyoming. He had another great year... to say the least !
    grin.gif

The hunt started out south of town for Mule deer. It was 33 degrees and calm as could be. We found this buck right after daylight and got in close on him.

Tyler took him at 196 yards with his 7mm-08 with 139 SST's. His first Mule deer ! Nice young 4x4 with brow tines.

106_1154.JPG

After we got the mule deer dropped off at the meat locker, we grabbed a bite for breakfast and decided to head north and try our luck on some antelope.

We made it to our area a little after 10 am. We drove around and glassed quite a few nice bucks and finally found a good one with incredible ivory tips about noon time. We spotted him at a little over 800 yards and got a plan made to put a sneak on him.

Tyler got out the GAP 6mm Crusader and planned on a longer shot. He has been shooting out to 875 yards all summer and was looking forward to a 300 yard shot or farther with it.

We made it to a small rise and settled in. Got the camera out and started rolling a little video. He spotted the buck coming out a draw at about 400 yards and working his way up a ridge and towards us a little. The buck came to a stop broadside at 356 yards and gave Tyler a good shot. He had got the NF scope dialed in and ready for 350. The 105 Amax did a great job.

I will post up the video when I get it transferred over later tonight or in the morning.

The buck was a little over 14 inches and has almost 2 inch ivory tips. I have never seen another antelope with that much ivory !

Definitely a red letter day for my son and I....
    smile.gif

106_1164.JPG

downsized_1015111134.jpg

106_1163.JPG

Re: 2 down for Tyler.... great day for my son.

Some nice shooting there! I sure its a day he will never forget!

That is some nice looking country you guys are hunting out there

Congrats

Holy cow: Those are very nice animals. Well done!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: texgal338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">congrats to your son

are those tips on the antelope uncommon? </div></div>

that size, yes. Typically if they have them, they are a quarter inch to half inch at the most. Anything longer is pretty unique. They are out there though. PGS got a good ivory tipped buck this year too !

That is some good stuff, right there. Those are the things he'll never forget!
    Nice work, Nice pics.

Outstanding! Please give your boy a huge pat on the back for me.

Great work, and even better pics, man you guys have some beautiful country over there!!!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5EFBRvPhgic&feature=youtu.be"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5EFBRvPhgic&feature=youtu.be" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Great video, GOOD hunt.
    He won't sleep tonight, Will you Scott?

Hat's off.

Miles

Awesome brother, Great video. You have one hell of a son. Maybe next year we can do a hunt together. Tell him to keep up the great work, then he will be giving you some pointers...LOL

That is awesome Scott! That is a day of hunting that will etched in both your memories! Congratulations!

Thats just too awesome for words!

Excellent father/son hunt and some beautiful animals. Y'all made memories that neither of you will ever forget. Priceless moments to say the list.

And wow, just in time before the wind hit. Wow that was some crazy wind they blew in on you.

you have a great write-up but the video is worth a thousand words. Congrats to your son.

Congrats to father and son. Awesome time spent with your kids is irreplaceable. Especially true when you can do it hunting beautiful country and get a trophy of a lifetime.

Congrats Scott and Tyler! Looks like backstraps for dinner soon?

Wow scott!!!

Nice work Tyler, the ivory tips are awesome!!!

Great job Tyler, "did I get him?"- heck, you stoned him buddy!

Congrats Scott, that's the way to hook him to the sport.

Well done Tyler!! Great pics Scott! Love those mountains in the background of that antelope shot! That's a "framer".

A Fantastic shot!
    Get that boy shooting in the long range matches!

Re: 2 down for Tyler....great day for my son. Video

Very cool, thanks for posting. Can he out shoot you yet?

Is that the MCS GAT stock? If so, how do you like it? How does it compare to the MCS-T5 stock?

Scott, It is great hunting with our boys.
    congrats.....

Great hunting, and congrats to you and your son Sendero!

Thanks all for the comments...
    smile.gif
    Just trying to raise him like my Dad did me.

Wade,

he is close
    wink.gif
    For 13 years old, he can shoot ! But he has been behind a rifle since he was 5.

Ranger,

yes that is the GAT stock. I like it and the T5's a lot. I run them both. Very comfortable in all shooting positions. Only draw back I might see if a guy used one in a timed shoot.. getting hand in and out to manipulate the bolt. Might not be an issue at all.

Great shot on the antelope Tyler. Also, that a nice mulie for your first one. Great memories for both, you and your dad.

Way to go Tyler! Congrats on a great first season. You guys will always remember that hunt!

What a great shot on that video, that buck didnt take a step. Very impressive
    smile.gif