2 Labradar questions

mercracing

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 9, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    I’ve searched the threads on here and read through the questions but didn’t see these so I’ll go ahead and ask.

1. For those that have a Labradar, how common is it to pick up someone else’s shot when you’re shooting with others on benches close to you?

2. When shooting with a brake like a LB or 419, where are you placing the Labradar if you can’t put it in front of the muzzle like the manual suggests?

doc88

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 18, 2017
    Florence, SC
    Question 2. Place the Labradar behind the muzzle about the level of your action. That way muzzle blast doesn't move or even knock over the unit.

Reactions: mercracing

fili.herrera

Minuteman
    Jul 5, 2011
    Maryland
    For question #1, the answer is yes. It can be frustrating. To solve that problem I got a trigger made by Greg Piet. It works as advertised and worth every penny.

https://pietrecoiltrigger.com/

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7nAoC5cEfdsq1xYQGFhhKDWc5ZtAd2of

I will let someone else answer question #2 as I don't have any braked rifles.
    I just ordered one of these trigger sensors and will post a video of it showing it. my range is notorious for making the lab radar a super pain to work with bc of the OP questions...hopefully this is a fix for that issue! More to follow

Reactions: mercracing

Longshot231

Old Salt
    Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    I just ordered one of these trigger sensors and will post a video of it showing it. my range is notorious for making the lab radar a super pain to work with bc of the OP questions...hopefully this is a fix for that issue! More to follow

Greg points out that sometimes, operating the bolt will cause an error message with the Labradar. To solve that problem, I press the disarm button after firing the shot. The arming light goes from orange to blue.

Then I operate the bolt to chamber another round. After it is chambered, I press the arming button to turn the light from blue to orange. Problem solved.

Reactions: fili.herrera