• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2 more hogs down (GRAPHIC!)

Armed Ferret

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2006
DPR Maryland
Don't say I didn't warn ya.

shotdamage.jpg

I got the one on the right with the Shamwow, buddy got the other with the buggy eye (look close you'll see the entry hole right in front of the ear).

mark_pec.jpg

Rockin the official Armed Ferret Pig-Huntin Shirt.

Re: 2 more hogs down (GRAPHIC!)

i guess some of our cousins from Texas made it North, that is if I read your location right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lmc8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i guess some of our cousins from Texas made it North, that is if I read your location right?</div></div>

Or better yet, maybe I went for a drive to get the fuck out of this shithole of a "state", if only temporarily.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good fishin though right? maybe?</div></div>

hell if i know. i'm driving to south dakota in a few weeks for walleye fishing.

it'll be less than half the price of a charter.

where you fishing at up here. In a couple weeks it should be really good. Just starting to go a little here on oahe.

oahe's where we're headed.

got extended family up there (although at the moment i can't remember where exactly) and we get the hook-up. He guides for walleye on oahe, so he's got a lot of good spots to hit up. limiting out is certainly not an issue for us every year (although admittedly last year i failed to limit out simply due to being in afghanistan ;))

Hogs is on my list of things to do. Looks like fun!

Lights out on those piggies.

My gun dealer wears a black shirt like yours frequently. It cracks me up every time I read it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patriotoutlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whatinthehell caliber/bullet combination did you use on these porkers?</div></div>

The one without a face at all, 7mm SAUM/162 AMAX
Bugeyes got a 178 AMAX out of my buddy's .308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where you fishing at up here. In a couple weeks it should be really good. Just starting to go a little here on oahe. </div></div>

Ya it should be good here soon, if you remeber who it is i know alot of the guys who guide on the oahe from the sd/nd border to about pierre. i am guessing after this weekend it will be a good bite with the nice weather.

I reckon that settles any questions of the effectiveness of A-Max' as a hunting round...w/headshots at least!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patriotoutlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I reckon that settles any questions of the effectiveness of A-Max' as a hunting round...w/headshots at least!</div></div>

the spine shot on the sow i shot (a different thread) had exactly the same results as NPT, NAB, NBT, and TSX performance.

I may have to get one of those shirts!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patriotoutlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I reckon that settles any questions of the effectiveness of A-Max' as a hunting round...w/headshots at least! </div></div>

Amax bullets are awesome on deer an hogs. At least in a reasonable caliber. I've shot a bunch with 178's and 155's in 308. I've seen the terminal results of the 7mm's.
I wouldn't try a 40gr 22 cal on a big hog, or use them on a grizzly, but the Amax bullets work great!
CW

I shot a 250lb hog at 400 yards with a 30-06 loaded with 208gr a-max. He literately flipped and was dead in his tracks.

+1 on the a-max on deer and hog