• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2 of my new rifles

radmcg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2008
Mobile, AL
I usually don't post pixs on the web but I thought my gunsmith did such a great job I wanted to give hime a plug. Not sure if this is the place to do it or not but her goes. If a mod needs too move it feel free. Had Both of these rifles built by a guy I met of 6mmbr.com Mike Crain. Mike used to work for Boatright Custom Guns in Arkansas. Mr. Boatright closed the shop but allows Mike to work out of there still. Long story short he is a small volume guy who does this on the weekends (right now). He has now built 4 rifles for me and I couldn't be happier, super work, great turn around time and one of the nicest guys you'll ever work with. I will probably regret this as my turn around times will probably go to crap now but: If you need great work done with a turn around in the weeks (some times days) not months give mike a email. I think he comes on here sometimes but not often so you might want to email him here:
mike hunter [[email protected]] I am not releated nor do I get anything for this other than maybe a brownie point so take it for what it is worth.
Short action trued remington 6.5 creedmoor, 26 inch broughton number 7 1:8 badger bottom metal, jewell trigger, Gunkote black, mcmillan A5. This thing is a real fly killer even with factory 140s it is awesome.
[img:center]http://
rifle_0056.jpg

Stiller predator LA 300 win mag,1:10 26 inch rock creek barrel number 5, badger thruster, badger bottom metal, rifle basix trigger, mcmillan a5, Ceracoat green. Have not even shot any kind of groups with the 300 just put sighting rounds down and got rained out. BTW I will probably have him recoat all my rifles in ceracoat . This stuff is fantastic.
[img:center]http://
rifle_0074.jpg

Re: 2 of my new rifles

Very slick rifles.

I had a Boatright, probably 6 or 7 years ago, when sleeved actions were just on their way out the door. It was a fantastic shooter and the last sleeved BR rifle I owned.

MadDog both the rifles have 26 inch barrels.
Thanks for the nice comments. It took me quite a while to get all the money together and acquire all the parts but it was really worth it. They are pretty much exactly as I wanted them. Most of the time I get things and go I would have changed this or that or just sell them. Unless I am forced to sell them these 2 will be with me for a while.
Rad

Hey Rad,
Last time we spoke, you mentioned that your shootin buddies were running suppressors on their rifles. Are you planning on getting one on one of your rifles? If so, let me know how they shoot with one on the rifle.
Thanks,
mike

Mike thats why I thought about putting the FTE on the 300 so I could change it out. I guess another option would be the surefire route. Anyway want to ring it out first then see I want to change anything. I like it so much as it is I don't want to mess with it.
Rad

The creedmmor is a 3.2-17 Gap reticle with mil turrets EREK.
The 300 is 3.8-22 with gap reticle mil #3 turrets

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Rad,
Last time we spoke, you mentioned that your shootin buddies were running suppressors on their rifles. Are you planning on getting one on one of your rifles? If so, let me know how they shoot with one on the rifle.
Thanks,
mike </div></div>

Mike'
you may not remember doing this rifle for me a couple of years ago, but it is my goto .308 and I shoot it suppressed 100% of the time.\
IMG_1638.jpg

It wears some Krylon now. But it is consistantly sub MOA. My only problem is sometimes brass won't eject, it falls back in. I may end up putting a SAKO style extractor in it.