• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2 Progressive Press Questions

Re: 2 Progressive Press Questions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(I think I hear gasps of shock)</div></div>
(you do)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suppose that is better than naming your daughter Gap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triggerhappy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Dillon 550b and like it so much that I named my son Dillon (seriously). I have never used the other presses mentioned but for a good progressive it is hard to beat. I would get it and spend the extra money for the strong mount and roller handle.
grin.gif
</div></div> </div></div>

Her name is Jordan but my wife suggested Sierra!!!!

I have a lock and load AP and love it. I have owned 550, 650 ,and a lee in the past. That being said, I use it primarily for pistol and blasting ammo.

I use a single stage(and considering a turret, for precision loads. I also weigh each charge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Winchester 69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why don't you SEARCH for info on the Hornady AP? A lot of good has been written about it. The powder facility is superior. Changeover is cheaper. You don't need machined toolheads with facilities for floating the dies or a two-step loading process to get straight ammo. The downside is that they're hard to find - popular. </div></div>

Not everything turned up in the search covered my questions, and initially I wasn't looking at the AP...

I'm trying to figure out now if the prices listed online for it include the powder measure, primer tubes, loaded round tray, etc. Cabela's website is piss-poor on information for it.

EDIT: Midway's site is much better for the info, I'm starting to really consider the LnL AP. I like that I can spin the adapter out of my Rockchucker and stick the LnL adapter in it so I can single stage the dies if need be without changing the set points. </div></div>
I have the adapters in both my Redding ultra mag and my Rockchucker.
It makes things fast to setup

I have both and for the $$'s the 550 is a better deal. The manual indexing is not as fast but you can observe more like powder levels etc.

I use Redding dies on my presses as well as Dillon, Hornady and RCBS. I owned ONE set of Lee's and I loaded about 50 rounds with them in 45 Long Colt before they got replaced. Coke bottle 45's just don't look good to me.

Greg L.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GLShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have both and for the $$'s the 550 is a better deal. The manual indexing is not as fast but you can observe more like powder levels etc.

I use Redding dies on my presses as well as Dillon, Hornady and RCBS. I owned ONE set of Lee's and I loaded about 50 rounds with them in 45 Long Colt before they got replaced. Coke bottle 45's just don't look good to me.

Greg L. </div></div>

I have several sets of Lee dies, most are for CR toys that get little use but I do like their standard bullet seating die quite a bit. The ammo comes out of the seating die straight and I haven't had any issue with it. How'd you get a 45 LC that crooked?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GLShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I

Greg L. </div></div>

I have several sets of Lee dies, most are for CR toys that get little use but I do like their standard bullet seating die quite a bit. The ammo comes out of the seating die straight and I haven't had any issue with it. <span style="font-weight: bold">How'd you get a 45 LC that crooked?</span> </div></div>

I didn't say they were crooked. I said the were coke bottle shaped. This occurs when you seriously under size the case and then put a properly sized bullet in the case. It is not unusual to see a mild bit of this on some lead bullet loads like the 45 ACP on occasion but this one was sizing it down so far that it looked like it had Dolly Pardons boobs and Twiggy's waist line.

Greg L.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GLShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GLShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I

Greg L. </div></div>

I have several sets of Lee dies, most are for CR toys that get little use but I do like their standard bullet seating die quite a bit. The ammo comes out of the seating die straight and I haven't had any issue with it. <span style="font-weight: bold">How'd you get a 45 LC that crooked?</span> </div></div>

I didn't say they were crooked. I said the were coke bottle shaped. This occurs when you seriously under size the case and then put a properly sized bullet in the case. It is not unusual to see a mild bit of this on some lead bullet loads like the 45 ACP on occasion but this one was sizing it down so far that it looked like it had Dolly Pardons boobs and Twiggy's waist line.

Greg L. </div></div>

Strange, I've never run across that before. Sounds like a sure-fire way to cycle brass out in a hurry.