• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 2 Recent AR Builds

Re: 2 Recent AR Builds

is that a Midwest Industries handguard on the top rifle ? If so, anything special needed to put those on ?

good looking rifles there bro
laugh.gif
nice !

How about that scope isn't it mounted a little low for a AR ? how you like it like that ?

Byron - thanks for the pics.

I'm putting an MTS on my new build too. Looks great! Let us know how you find it....

This are some nice looking AR's. Had any range time with them yet?

Digging the (what appears to be?) 18" on the bottom!
Nice rigs.

SmokinAce, no range time yet.

kfgk14, it's 18.5 inch. There is a link in my post above to a thread with more details on the guns.

I know what you mean about the range time. Building them is an addiction by itself. Have fun!

How do they perform? Whats the weight and balance like on the top rifle?

Is that some sort of grip extender between the lower and the grip on the top rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postal0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do they perform? Whats the weight and balance like on the top rifle?

Is that some sort of grip extender between the lower and the grip on the top rifle? </div></div>

I don't know how it/they will perform as I haven't had any range time yet. Weight on the top rifle as pictured is a little over 12 lbs. and seems to balance just in front of the mag well. Couldn't get an exact weight as it was just starting to clear the ground when the Lyman Trigger Weight scale started to show "over weight" warning. It does have a grip extender that sets the grip back about 3/4". It seems to make finger placement on the trigger easier for me, more natural.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ovrmydeadbdy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you like eotech? do you have any experience with the ACOG to compare the 2?
</div></div>

First time using the Eotech so still new to me and I've never used an ACOG so unable to compare. I did learn that if you have a solid target, large enough, that the Eotech works well. Trying to use it on small targets at distance sucks.
smile.gif