• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2 stage AR trigger

The LaRue MBT was a massive improvement over my mil-spec trigger. For the price it is definitely worth it, however the break on the second stage is still just a touch heavy to me for precision work. Maybe it just needs some break in though as I only have 100 rounds on it so far.
SSA-E is still the answer for precision. The LaRue is better compared with the 4.5 lb SSA

MBT-2S Trigger arrived today, it breaks cleanly at 4 pounds, with the light spring. Checked the ALG ACT before swapping and it was 6 1/4" pounds. I think the ALG ACT was almost as smooth, just heavier.

No issues with positive reset or feel of the trigger blade as some have reported.

Very happy with it.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Have a nice life.

That's what I thought,

I'll send anyone a brand new MBT if they can show a bone stock MBT breaking at 4lbs out of the box. I've tuned over two dozen MBTs and none of them have ever came close to 4lbs.

Last edited:
SSA-E is still the answer for precision. The LaRue is better compared with the 4.5 lb SSA
I own three MBT, Two SSA-E, and two SSA triggers. Two of these MBT triggers are on my 308 large frames, both set up for precision. One of the SSA-E triggers is on my recce rifle. I have taken one of the 308's to a battle rifle course and the recce to a precision carbine course. I honestly cannot say that either is the only answer for precision when they both happen to do a really great job provided the trigger puller knows how to shoot. I can probably say the same for the SSA as it's very similar to both and I've gotten tight groups surprisingly with just a red dot.

So the the answer for precision is really subjective here as all three happen to do it very well.

I like the Centurion AST more than the MBT, though both are good. I wonder if the pocket machined into the hammer in the Schmid triggers leads to a shorter lock time?

I compromised; I had to get seven of them.

Each of my lowers is set up just about the same. Fat grip, 'S' semi trigger, extended bolt release. Pick one up, same as each of the rest.

I'm in the same boat with a lot of builds and wanting uniformity across the board.

All of my pig hunting rigs sport Larue MBT2S triggers and Ergo Deluxe grips. Made for a pretty easy transition to my AT-X.

YAT YAS Greg

Reactions: MadDuner
For precision work, the Geissele SSA-EX is excellent. I think it’s the best trigger Geissele makes and I’ve tried pretty much all of them. Total pull weight for mine is right around 3lbs and the 2nd stage break is super light at 1.25lbs. Just wait till they are available on sale (happens a few times a year). The normal price is just retarded, don’t pay it unless you absolutely need it right meow.

I am looking for a 2 stage AR15 trigger for a general use carbine. Want to spend between $80 to $150.

Currently have an ALG ACT single stage in the rifle and while smooth the pull weight is 6.75lbs. Would like to get it down to 3.5 to 4.5 lbs.

What would be a good smooth trigger in that price range?

Thanks
Probably late but here is a great price on a great two-stage trigger Geissle 2-stage for less than $100 I ordered a few of them I have a couple all ready and think they are great.

• Wow
Reactions: mtrmn
I have at least 6 cmc's from 3-4.5#'s and love everyone of them. None are 2 stage. Ido have 2 TT's thay are 2 stage, but haven't finished the build yet. I guess I'll find out if I like 2-stages or not?

You can find Geissele SD-E and SSA-E right now for $150. Definitely a step up from LaRue (I have both)

Reactions: drewthebrave
Wadebrown;

If you look at the expanded image of of the Geissele G2S you're linking to; it shows the encircled S on the side that denotes the Schmid 2-stage.

Greg

Read this post and wanted to say that I have two freak MBT’s that break under 4 pounds out of the package. They were purchased really early on. The recent crop of MBT’s for me have been well above 4 pounds. Zero spring changes and they don’t have thousands of rounds though them. Linked is the video of the lightest one. The “heavier” one is closer to 3 pounds 13 oz. I even pulled them at the middle of the shoe for the added ounces.

I know the OP has settled on and ordered a trigger, and my recommendation are a bit over the original price range, but my $.02 in the trigger well are Wilson Combat triggers. I have a few of the 2-stage, 4-4.5# range and like the weight, the break, the reset.