• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2 stage R700 triggers

Hell when I asked about the Tubbs everyone said “good luck fitting it, gotta make them fit”

bought one and yup, had to open up AX chassis to make it fit.

A good buddy broke the sear lever after maybe 100rds on his 223. He was at Rifles Only, made it through a few stages then he was done.

The part that gets me is breaking during a match. Most of the matches I’ve been shooting in, if you have a really bad stage, you’re done for the day. It’s so tight at the top, hard to have a failure and overcome it.

Sounds like a bad lot of steel, those top sears are the beefiest part of the trigger, if that cracked and broke I'd guess bad materials.

Sounds like a bad lot of steel, those top sears are the beefiest part of the trigger, if that cracked and broke I'd guess bad materials.
It was the sear lever on the inside of the trigger, but ya it’s not a small part either, sheared in half

Attachments

• E11EFFA2-CD47-485F-9DA8-04785C365D36.jpeg
    E11EFFA2-CD47-485F-9DA8-04785C365D36.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 41
I wouldn’t buy a jewel and still very hesitant on timneys. I get what you’re sayin, not dogging on B&A just when I see it to down after I was already thinking of buying the company (joking) it’s a major heartbreak for me. I trust my experience, I really trust a few of my shooting buddies that can destroy anything. When they start hyping these triggers, I get excited, get to dry fire it and really fall in love. Then watch as he’s cleaning shit left and right and trigger is going great....then the rifle gets chunked 40ft down range cause it failed (joking). See him sobbing in disgust that it’s over, ask “what happened oh great one?”, replies while cleaning the snot dripping “the trigger broke ?”. “Hahahhahha you fuckin idiot, I told you”. But at the same time I feel a flame inside me make a “ssss” sound as someone poured water on it. Another trigger I can’t take on a honeymoon.

I guess what I was tryin to say is when your buddies have stuff go down that you kinda wanted to try it ruins the excitement. I’ll pick up a B&A and already have hesitation.

Broke after only 100 rounds sounds like some sort of defect. I'm sure bullet central/BnA are taking care of your friend - that's what matters.

I have three BnA Tacsport triggers and thousands of rounds shot between them with no issues. A BnA trigger breaking at ~100 rounds is a statistical outlier. If there was a clear pattern established of them breaking I would be a lot more concerned.

Reactions: trophyhunter
Broke after only 100 rounds sounds like some sort of defect. I'm sure bullet central/BnA are taking care of your friend - that's what matters.

I have three BnA Tacsport triggers and thousands of rounds shot between them with no issues. A BnA trigger breaking at ~100 rounds is a statistical outlier. If there was a clear pattern established of them breaking I would be a lot more concerned.
Yup they got him a new one, only lost out on match fees, travel and wasted time.

I’ve had one TT a jewell and lots of Timney triggers and my BixNAndys are light years ahead of them haven’t tried a geissele

Not for nothing, but who puts new parts on their rifle then flies to a match with significant cash outlay for travel and what not without making sure it works?

Seems like a lot on Faith to me

Not for nothing, but who puts new parts on their rifle then flies to a match with significant cash outlay for travel and what not without making sure it works?

Seems like a lot on Faith to me
It worked, for around 60-80rds

another 20 at the match then shit the bed

I decided to go back to the Tubb trigger, it never failed me. I trimmed the cocking piece to alleviate some of the cock on close. Changed the angle a bit and it feels smooth on close. Had to increase firing spring pressure to get enough strike.

ran 100rds at the range, so far so good
i’ll run another 100 tomorrow to see what happens

It worked, for around 60-80rds

another 20 at the match then shit the bed

Yeah, I'll rephrase. Not sure I'd call it good after 60-80 rds. Obviously stuff can fail anytime, but...

Seems to me stuff breaks most commonly at two points, almost immediately if there's an issue with how it was produced, or at the end of it's serviceable life when it's worn out. You need to verify your stuff works before you trust it enough to base a match/trip worth a couple grand upon.

I'm going to have to post this again...

No going into battle with unproven weapons!

I have an Anschutz trigger on a Win Model 70, so I think it might be possible to fit one to a Rem 700. Lower limit is about 10 ozs. unless there's some further modification I don't know about. Also, Grunig & Elmiger makes a trigger that looks to me like a clone of the Tubb design (or vice versa), and it certainly makes people happy. LRI (Chad) has worked on adapting this trigger for other actions, but I don't know about Rem 700. Call LRI. I just use the Jewell target trigger, which is safe at the lower limit of my desires.

Once you’ve had a bullet proof AI that hasnt hiccuped over 8000rds you get spoiled

Those break as well. I've seen a few AI's go down in matches.

The proverbial "bullet proof" AI isn't as bullet proof as some think. Great rifles, but not immune to breaking.

Those break as well. I've seen a few AI's go down in matches.

The proverbial "bullet proof" AI isn't as bullet proof as some think. Great rifles, but not immune to breaking.
Luckily the roughly 20 that are in Sotex haven’t gone down. The only time I saw a few break was when they had that shit trigger from Xtreme shooting, AI Comp trigger, same company as Mod22. Other then that I haven’t seen one go down, but I’m sure it’s happened.
Maybe I got lucky never had an issue with mine, even with all the fuckery I’ve done to it.

Reactions: 6brshooter
That sucks, but stuff breaks. Don't think there's a trigger (or anything else for that matter) that hasn't ever broken.

Good luck finding a trigger that had never broken.

im gonna stick with Tubb for a bit, its been the most hassle free. I already fitted the stock to it a while back and this new barreled action seems to work well with it. I’ll hold out till the TT 2 stage comes to see how that holds up.

Luckily the roughly 20 that are in Sotex haven’t gone down. The only time I saw a few break was when they had that shit trigger from Xtreme shooting, AI Comp trigger, same company as Mod22. Other then that I haven’t seen one go down, but I’m sure it’s happened.
Maybe I got lucky never had an issue with mine, even with all the fuckery I’ve done to it.

Funny you say, one of the few I saw go down was at an RO match in South Texas. Completely stock AI AT, with original AI trigger.

It happens. My point is that a single anecdotal event of a product failing should not be a reason to avoid that product. If so, then you shouldn't be shooting AI rifles (I have more anecdotal evidence of AI's failing then you do of BnA triggers failing).

Likewise, every single scope company has had multiple failures of their products. So perhaps it would make you feel better for you to be using iron sights.

I'm not claiming that your lucky that your AI didn't fail. Most don't. A lot of custom rifles being built these days aren't suffering many problems either. The point is that every product eventually fails.

Personally I don't care if you choose another trigger over BnA, just don't let silly anecdotal evidence that's statistically irrelevant guide your decision.

im gonna stick with Tubb for a bit, its been the most hassle free. I already fitted the stock to it a while back and this new barreled action seems to work well with it. I’ll hold out till the TT 2 stage comes to see how that holds up.

Fair enough, it's a good trigger. I was never able to get the T7T to work with one of my rifles, but besides fitment issues, it seems like a really well thought out trigger with some great features.

I have a Mod 22 on a TL3 with around 3500 rounds. Zero issues. Best trigger I’ve tried. I also have a BnA Tacsport on an Impact with about the same number of rounds. Only had to clean it once when it got a little sticky. Found some dried solvent. No problems since. I’d run a Mod 22 on the Impact, but like the Tubb, it won’t fit the hanger.

Fair enough, it's a good trigger. I was never able to get the T7T to work with one of my rifles, but besides fitment issues, it seems like a really well thought out trigger with some great features.
On another barreled action it had lots of cock on close, had to really push the bolt forward to start to engage the camming lugs. On this one it fit way WAY better.

by the way who’s rifle was that at RO that went down ? Recall the name or what he looked like. PM me if you don’t want to share his info here. Curious to know what happened.

On another barreled action it had lots of cock on close, had to really push the bolt forward to start to engage the camming lugs. On this one it fit way WAY better.

by the way who’s rifle was that at RO that went down ? Recall the name or what he looked like. PM me if you don’t want to share his info here. Curious to know what happened.

It's a shooting buddy of mine from the UK. He's a member here and it's been talked about a few times on the hide.