• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2 Stage Trigger

runningbear

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
I currently have Timney Calvin Elite trigger in my bolt rifle. I have decided that I want to move to a 2 stage trigger. Has anyone tried the Timney Calvin Elite 2 Stage Trigger? Any recommendations? It's a Rem 700 footprint action. Thanks all

I have not tried the Timney, but you will find no finer 2 stage trigger than the Tubb T7T. I have one and absolutely love it. It is expensive, but worth every penny.

I currently have Timney Calvin Elite trigger in my bolt rifle. I have decided that I want to move to a 2 stage trigger. Has anyone tried the Timney Calvin Elite 2 Stage Trigger? Any recommendations? It's a Rem 700 footprint action. Thanks all

I have that one on my 6.5SAUM Hunting Rifle, itreplaced the worked "standard factory trigger". It was a great upgrade and I prefer it to my mates single stage CE trigger on his 30 Nosler..

Get the Bix N Andy - you will not regret it. $255 for the tacsport

Have used the tubb t7t, bix n andy benchrest 2 stage, timney ce 2 stage, and cg mod 22 at prs matches. I shoot the cg mod 22 the best out of all of them. Extremely reliable and consistent trigger with a break that you can tell exactly when its going to go off. I have a huber on the way to see what its about but also have another mod 22 as that will be my go to trigger for a long time. The timney compared to most other high end 2 stage triggers feels like garbage in my opinion. Still is a decent and reliable trigger at a great good though.

I have the single stage Timney Calvin Elite and the two stage Timney Calvin Elite and I really like it it is the smoothest trigger I have ever pulled If you like the single stage I think you will like the two stage.

I’ve put over 3k rounds down on a 2 stage Calvin elite. I had the single stage and sold it. I like the feel of a wall on the first tot second stage transition. Very predictable. There are better out there. But it’s a nice trigger. Was consistent at 10 oz. u can push it to 6 Oz but it gets a little inconsistent. You can tell it’s at the limit. All tier one triggers are good and safe and reliable. Your mind and body will get used to whatever you shoot. Just don’t go try anyone else’s cause then it might be better and you will want it.

I've played around with both the single and two stage CEs. I think the single stage is a great trigger, but never could get the creep out of the double stage, even after speaking with a tech at Timney and following all their instructions. Recently switched to a Bix N' Andy two stage Tacsport and am really happy with it.

Timney CE 2-stage is a great trigger for the money. I have a few (straight shoe) and have no issues, no creep, 100% reliable in matches with lots and lots of rounds. I also have the Tubb, I may sell the Tubb and get 2 more Timneys.

Your mind and body will get used to whatever you shoot. Just don’t go try anyone else’s cause then it might be better and you will want it.

This is exactly how I was introduced to Huber 2-stage triggers. Now I have 2. Actually trying some on other rifles is a good way to "learn" what they feel like and what will suit your tastes.

I'm shooting this trigger (the CE 2-stage) now. Set at 8oz first stage, 12oz second (so, 1.25# total). I'm happy with it so far. Haven't shot any of the others, so couldn't tell you much else ;-)

i have a Cadex 2 stage and i like it, i just wished i could get the second stage a little lower though. The CG extreme has a better feel to me though...

I have not tried the Timney, but you will find no finer 2 stage trigger than the Tubb T7T. I have one and absolutely love it. It is expensive, but worth every penny.

I hear a lot of good things about this trigger. So much so, that I bought one for my defiance rifle but myself nor my gunsmith could get it to work properly with the defiance action. Talking to multiple gunsmith's about this, the T7T trigger is very finicky to get to work with the defiance actions. Both gunsmiths that I talked to about it hate that trigger. It is now collecting dust in my closet.

I am currently using a tacsport trigger, and I love it. At first it had a bit of creep, but now it appears to have broken in and it feels great. I love the feel of this trigger, and the adjustability of it. The narrow shoe feels much better to me than the trigger tech trigger I was running previously.