• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

20 or 30 MOA Scope base (Tikka) and optic help.

Kadams1563

Giver of Bad Advice
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    North Texas
    Looking for opinions on a Tikka scope base in 20 or 30 MOA.

It will be building a Tikka T1X .22 for practical style matches. Distances from 25 to 350 yards. I know 350 yards is probably extreme but that’s the farthest my local range goes and would be interesting to shoot that far.

Scope will be an Athlon Argos 8x34 with 13 mils of elevation or a Vortex Gen II 5x25 with 20 mils of elevation.

Will I be able to zero at 50 with the Athlon AND dial to 350? What about the Vortex?

Thanks guys for the help.

Standard Tikka T3 bases should work, I think EGW, Warne, Nightforce, etc. all have at least 20 MOA options and I'd assume more will be coming now that they know the Rimfire exists.

I'd go two piece base then add Burris XTR rings. That way you can set your cant from 5 to 40 moa (based on a 4.75 ring spacing)and have all kinds of room above the feed tray, to single load if you want it. I'll never use a single mount base ever again. The inserts Burris now uses are outstanding.

I ordered a 20MOA Warne for my Tikka last week; I have been using their dovetail rings that mount directly to the Tikka rail but wanted to go with a picatinny with a slope. I have not had the chance to see it yet though

I got a 20 MOA Base for a T3 from Murphy Precision. I believe he offers a 30 MOA Base as well

To take a 22lr to 350 yards youre going to want as much available elevation as you can get. I would skip the Argos 34x as youre limiting your adjustment too much. I think the vortex with 20 mils (guessing PST?) would be close as well.
    1517955365319.png