• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

20 posts then banned ?

Haha...not really arrogant...just a matter of fact kind of guy...and my reading comprehension is certainly affected by the pills I'm still on...my memory especially according to my wife and I have no reason to doubt her...I'm actually a little fearful about all these pain meds and getting off of them...I'm up to oxycontin 40's twice a day...that's the time release crap that snared a lot of people with opiate addiction...plus 5 to 10 mg of oxycodone for breakthru pain....two weeks from today is my surgery date...a few days after that and I'll know the truth about the addiction aspects of it all....God willing I'll be able to walk away from it all...pun intended 😀

Good luck with all that. Keep us posted. And youre a man, you will put them down when you need to.

I had stenosis too. Where is yours?
L4 and L5 according to the MRI's...I guess a few disc issues as well probably from laying carpet years ago...I've had issues with it thats gradually gotten worse over time...that being like 15 years ago from initial onset...got bad enough that Boeing medically retired me in 2014...once I was retired and could pick and choose what I did and when I did it and I had things under control...I never wanted surgey if I could avoid it because most eveyone you talk to thats had back surgery always said things weren't perfect afterward...very easy to get a little nerve damage done during the process and if that happens its permanent from then on. But I had a tremendous amount of edema happen from the cancer treatment and i started gaining a shit ton of weight...a year ago this past March I bought a treadmill to walk on and counteract the weight gain...that was my demise...I was on a weekly cycle of crazy strong steroids so the first 5 days I walked my ass off thinking I had the answer...then came the down cycle from the steroids and I couldn't even get out of bed...i had totally flared my stenosis without even knowing it because of the steroids...when they wore off I was left with barely being able to walk down the hall to use the restroom...couldnt do surgery because of the cancer treatment and covid at the same time so I've been crippled basically for just over a year...I weighed 215 when all this started...healthy as a horse and still able to outwork my 3 boys as long as I was careful with my back...i shot up to 240 when I bought that treadmill which I got to use for 1 week =/...then shot up to 280 before I made it to the end of the chemo treatments and steroids and was able to slowly work off the edema...fricken miserable is all I can tell ya...but two weeks bud...two weeks and a few days and I might get my feet back...no more toes that feel like there on fire from one minute to the next...or feel like there frostbitten when there just a little bit cold...or like someone jabbing them with ice picks out of the blue...sciatica down both legs that's constant...I dont know how bad your stenosis is but mine for lack of treatment is on the edge of what I can handle pain wise...worst part is I've had to watch the burden fall to my wife to take care of anything and everything since I can't even stand up for more than a minute...all the things a man takes care of in and around the house and everywhere else was dumped in her lap even while she's taking care of me and working a full time job...I have a good women...I have a women far greater than I deserve !

How about you and your stenosis...you going to get it fixed ?...have you tried the shots ?...if so did they help you at all ?

God I hope so bud...of course I dont know what to expect so I'm a little concerned.
Youll be ok, just the fact that youre aware that there could be a problem says a lot. After my hip surgery I was taking 4mg of diludid 3-4 times a day. Walked away cold, no problimo.

L4 and L5 according to the MRI's...I guess a few disc issues as well probably from laying carpet years ago...I've had issues with it thats gradually gotten worse over time...that being like 15 years ago from initial onset...got bad enough that Boeing medically retired me in 2014...once I was retired and could pick and choose what I did and when I did it and I had things under control...I never wanted surgey if I could avoid it because most eveyone you talk to thats had back surgery always said things weren't perfect afterward...very easy to get a little nerve damage done during the process and if that happens its permanent from then on. But I had a tremendous amount of edema happen from the cancer treatment and i started gaining a shit ton of weight...a year ago this past March I bought a treadmill to walk on and counteract the weight gain...that was my demise...I was on a weekly cycle of crazy strong steroids so the first 5 days I walked my ass off thinking I had the answer...then came the down cycle from the steroids and I couldn't even get out of bed...i had totally flared my stenosis without even knowing it because of the steroids...when they wore off I was left with barely being able to walk down the hall to use the restroom...couldnt do surgery because of the cancer treatment and covid at the same time so I've been crippled basically for just over a year...I weighed 215 when all this started...healthy as a horse and still able to outwork my 3 boys as long as I was careful with my back...i shot up to 240 when I bought that treadmill which I got to use for 1 week =/...then shot up to 280 before I made it to the end of the chemo treatments and steroids and was able to slowly work off the edema...fricken miserable is all I can tell ya...but two weeks bud...two weeks and a few days and I might get my feet back...no more toes that feel like there on fire from one minute to the next...or feel like there frostbitten when there just a little bit cold...or like someone jabbing them with ice picks out of the blue...sciatica down both legs that's constant...I dont know how bad your stenosis is but mine for lack of treatment is on the edge of what I can handle pain wise...worst part is I've had to watch the burden fall to my wife to take care of anything and everything since I can't even stand up for more than a minute...all the things a man takes care of in and around the house and everywhere else was dumped in her lap even while she's taking care of me and working a full time job...I have a good women...I have a women far greater than I deserve !

How about you and your stenosis...you going to get it fixed ?...have you tried the shots ?...if so did they help you at all ?

You are one tough sumbitch if you have had spinal stenosis for 15 years. Quite possibly the baddest motherfucker alive.

My stenosis? Oh I didn't have a choice about surgery, it was that or end up paralyzed.
If you have spinal stenosis, you already have nerve damage. Yes ive had a cortisone shot in my spine. I dont recommend it. It was after the surgery.

You are one tough sumbitch if you have had spinal stenosis for 15 years. Quite possibly the baddest motherfucker alive.

My stenosis? Oh I didn't have a choice about surgery, it was that or end up paralyzed.
If you have spinal stenosis, you already have nerve damage. Yes ive had a cortisone shot in my spine. I dont recommend it. It was after the surgery.
Well my stenosis didnt start out right away as bad as it is right now...i would have probably put a gun to my head some years ago if there were no options for relief...but yes I've had it that long just slowly getting worse over time...it was the last few years of working full time that got pretty debilitating and quite painful...i kept aggravating it climbing around the flight deck of Boeing jets troubleshooting crap...small spaces and tight quarters =/....when i actually couldn't walk from it or stand up really my choice was get the surgery and probably die from cancer...or get a stem cell transplant and hopefully it works and you can address your stenosis later...if it doesn't work it won't matter....i chose the stem cell transplant and I've been basically paralyzed in my feet now for right at a year....there was a suspicion and chance some of it was neuropathy but that's since then been pretty much ruled out....i was given one chance to try the shots for some relief...and of course with my luck they didnt work which is the case with a percentage of people...there is a possibility that there's no permanent damage done to my spinal cord...it all depends on exactly how the nerves have been compressed...the chance is small but I'm hoping and praying 👍

View attachment 7604937

The funniest thing about this whole thread is that the OP has been here since March 13th, over a month! 🤣🤣🤣

Oh and @Anointed1, for the love of all that is holy, learn how to use punctuation and how to form proper sentences and paragraphs. You might be able to get away with that shit in public school and on gaming forums, but here on SH, there is generally a more mature audience. Okay, that last is an arguable point, but you get my drift?

Wall of words gets you negative points. If you post more than twenty of them, you get banned, no matter the content. 😉
Seriously? A grammar nazi? Maturity on the hide? If everyone is so mature here I guess we can do away with the bear pit? Only English majors need apply?

Elitism sucks.
Elitism my ass. I just want to be able to read people’s posts without needing a translator. If he persists, I could give a shit. It was pretty much tongue in cheek anyway, dumbass. But do go on about this elitism that you speak of. Being a poor, I’m not that familiar with pretending to be something I’m not.

I do think however, that mutual communication should be attempted in a common method. If yours is always free form, which it doesn’t seem to be, then my most humble apologies...mr. bent.

I'm not trying to hide from shit...care to explain ?
You are figuring out how to browse and explore the Hide (as in Snipers Hide) pretty well.

You are reading more than posting. You're not being an ask whore. You are using the search. You have actually read the rules and are trying to understand what didn't seem to make sense to you. . You haven't been necro posting unnecessarily. Haven't joined just for the Bear Pit. You are learning about the culture of the Hide and are taking the ribbing pretty well without freaking out. You decided to become a Supporter for what seems like the right reasons.

You seem to be trying to be a good dude on a new site. You are trying to do the things that we would tell new people to do without us having to say anything. We appreciate it. Now try not to mess up too bad.

Elitism my ass. I just want to be able to read people’s posts without needing a translator. If he persists, I could give a shit. It was pretty much tongue in cheek anyway, dumbass. But do go on about this elitism that you speak of. Being a poor, I’m not that familiar with pretending to be something I’m not.

I do think however, that mutual communication should be attempted in a common method. If yours is always free form, which it doesn’t seem to be, then my most humble apologies...mr. bent.
Hmmm don't you mean Mr. Bent? Elitism is not the exclusive property of the wealthy. There are plenty of poors that think their shit don't stink. No need for your tongue to be in my cheeks. Why so sensitive? If you can sling it you should be able to take it. Lighten up Francis.

• Haha
Reactions: lash
You are figuring out how to browse and explore the Hide (as in Snipers Hide) pretty well.

You are reading more than posting. You're not being an ask whore. You are using the search. You have actually read the rules and are trying to understand what didn't seem to make sense to you. . You haven't been necro posting unnecessarily. Haven't joined just for the Bear Pit. You are learning about the culture of the Hide and are taking the ribbing pretty well without freaking out. You decided to become a Supporter for what seems like the right reasons.

You seem to be trying to be a good dude on a new site. You are trying to do the things that we would tell new people to do without us having to say anything. We appreciate it. Now try not to mess up too bad.
Lol...well that's pretty dam accurate actually...I'm sure I'm going to say some dumb stuff eventually but I'm trying not too...i knew some ribbing was coming as it should have in my opinion...I'm in your guys house you're not in mine....I hoped just being a normal dude would shine thru eventually and I'd find my place and just settle in...but no matter what I was going to respect the members here....I caught the half joke half truth from Iash...and tried to return a little of it myself which hopefully he caught and understood himself...it's a fine line when you dont know someone at all...easy to take something I might say wrong with no vocal tone to go along with it....that's the biggest reason I haven't tried to rib any of the other guys back....yet =)

Reactions: LeftyJason
Best do some more reading.... before the legendary implosion status becomes long-term.

Sirhr

We are so in epic thread status....

It's gonna get better from here!!!

Implosion... look it up.

SIrhr
Alright...my best guess =)...I'm guessing you were believing this thread was going to...or possibly still will...go sideways...that being the implosion part...and stuff said by me along the way which would indicate or reveal I'm a total idiot...and in part cause the implosion...would not only confirm your suspicions...and or possibly your hopes haha...but that then the whole thread would become legendary and join the ranks of others as referenced here...

If that's not it I give up...but if it is or I'm close you gotta spill the beans lol...am I correct ?

Alright...my best guess =)...I'm guessing you were believing this thread was going to...or possibly still will...go sideways...that being the implosion part...and stuff said by me along the way which would indicate or reveal I'm a total idiot...and in part cause the implosion...would not only confirm your suspicions...and or possibly your hopes haha...but that then the whole thread would become legendary and join the ranks of others as referenced here...

If that's not it I give up...but if it is or I'm close you gotta spill the beans lol...am I correct ?
Correct.

I also didn't want you to get dogpiled on too bad cause you are trying.

Can we place bets on it going sideways still? Maybe start another thread for that, just for proper record keeping and all.

Can we place bets on it going sideways still? Maybe start another thread for that, just for proper record keeping and all.
It's probably not too late but if you're betting it will I think your going to lose your money =)...it certainly won't due to my comments or actions 😉....and this thread doesn't really have any similarity to the ones I've read in the "Legendary Thread reference" group. I wish I would have been reading here and more specifically those threads during my stays in the hospital...there's some truly funny stuff in there and I certainly could have used the humor 😜...I see where the concrete worker, benchpress and bowkill cracks come from and they had me laughing out loud last night...that garnered a couple looks from the wife from waking her up 😁

Reactions: roostercogburn98
One thing though...and eventually I'll probably figure it out but...what's with all the cat pictures ?...there must be a correlation to something in the Hides history ?

One thing though...and eventually I'll probably figure it out but...what's with all the cat pictures ?...there must be a correlation to something in the Hides history ?
Well I guess that works...I thought for sure there would be more to it then that but ok 👍

1618596134121.png

• Haha
Reactions: roostercogburn98