• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2000MR w/ Berger 185gr Juggernauts

I'd start at 45 grains. I run 47 grains in lapua brass w/ my match rifle. Is at 2835 fps with a 28" bartlein. Jumping them 45/1000"

46.5 grains, Lapua .308 Win brass, CCI200 primers, .020 off in a 30" Krieger for F/TR. I'm getting about 2825 fps. Great vertical.

I have shot 45.7 grains with the same components for 2750 fps which is a great velocity for that bullet as well. A lot of F/TR guys are shooting that bullet at 2750.

Velocity swings with temp more than Varget. I have shot the 45.7 in 30 degree temps up to 90's with no issues. POI changed, but groups were still great. Haven't shot the 46.5 in temps over 80 yet. Will be in the coming weeks. I think I'm good with it.

This rifle is chambered longer than mag length. I think OAL to touch is about 2.925 ish.

Last edited:
Awesome, just an FYI, I am using a tactical rifles, nothing over 24" and most under... But I wanted to try them as I am usually running 1-10s for barrels. Plus nothing is cut for them, mostly cut to accommodate 175s. Mag length will be my max.

I'm running 1 in 10 right now. I have shot them in 1 in 12 with no problems.

Aimsmall, what do you see for velocity variation in varying temp? I would say the temp swing is around 3/4 fps per degree of temp rise?

Lowlight, if you find you don't like those, I could find a home for them in my cabinet.

Awesome, just an FYI, I am using a tactical rifles, nothing over 24" and most under... But I wanted to try them as I am usually running 1-10s for barrels. Plus nothing is cut for them, mostly cut to accommodate 175s. Mag length will be my max.

Mine is a 1:11.25 It shoots them very well ... Very forgiving bullet in terms of getting it to shoot right.

I'm running 1 in 10 right now. I have shot them in 1 in 12 with no problems.

Aimsmall, what do you see for velocity variation in varying temp? I would say the temp swing is around 3/4 fps per degree of temp rise?

Lowlight, if you find you don't like those, I could find a home for them in my cabinet.

Been working on 12#'s of this stuff since last year. And I'd say 3/4 if not slightly less. It's not nearly as temp sensitive as Reloader series .....

AICS or AW magazines? Ideally you'll want the AW mag for the longer OAL capability.

GAP chamber or something with a longer freebore?

Matt2143 has data for that combo from his AIAX when he was running 308. I know he was getting good velocities and it was pretty stable as far as temp goes. I bought the rest of the powder from him and I'll be trying it in my AINA Bartlien as soon as my AT arrives.

Also I'll add that in Matt's AX (20" AINA), as well as Tony's and mine (both 24" AINA) were all pretty much 2.260" to the ogive with the juggernaut to give a .015-.020 jump. I know you run a few AI's so this may save you some time. Tony is running 45gr of Varget which is my load too and both run excellent with single digit ES's at a little over 2700FPS. I would say its safe to say .015-.020 jump is the sweet spot for these bullets although I'm sure they'll do well with more jump too.

Wait… did you say a Tactical Rifle, Inc. rifle?

*cringe*

In my 20" AX 1-10 barrel I loaded 46.7 grains in LC LR brass with jugs loaded to 2.950" oal which mag fed. 2670 fps

Been working on 12#'s of this stuff since last year. And I'd say 3/4 if not slightly less. It's not nearly as temp sensitive as Reloader series .....

I have to chase the vertical some in a match where the temp might be 20 or more degrees warmer in the afternoon than the morning, but it is manageable. I have shot a little over 20 lbs of it since last summer, a lot of it over the winter. My barrel shoots it well in cold and heat.

You really can't beat it for shorter OAL applications where you can't get enough Varget in the case to get to the 2700 or even 2800 nodes on the 185's. Should work great in a mag length application.

Yup pp2000mr. 44gr of varget only made 2560-2580 iirc

I ran the juggernaut and 2000mr in comps all last year without issue. I have now switched to a 6.5 Creedmoor throwing 140 hybrids at 2800 with H4350 and miss the energy those juggs had on target.

Thanks I only asked about Varget because Redneckbmxer brought up they were using it, so I wanted to clarify that point.

This gets me started in the right direction. :)

I specifically got the 2000MR for this so I wanted to double check and get the starting point nailed down.

Dam that's fast. Do you get more case capacity with lapua compared to federal?

Honestly , I never shoot federal. I tried and it was too thick and didnt last at all. I get 53 grains of h20 capacity on virgin lapua ( this lot) and 57 grains of h20 fire formed if that helps any.

I will check and see how much water I can get in a federale case. Thanks for the input. I haven't worn out my federal brass yet I am at 7 or 8 loadings, it is thicker. I wore out some Winchester at 5th reload, the neck just seemed so easy to resize almost no resistance in the press. I just bought 600 more pieces of federal so im stuck with it for a while.

Wait… did you say a Tactical Rifle, Inc. rifle?

*cringe*

ec37f46ec0d9772c2b2e21707662e06a.png

I will check and see how much water I can get in a federale case. Thanks for the input. I haven't worn out my federal brass yet I am at 7 or 8 loadings, it is thicker. I wore out some Winchester at 5th reload, the neck just seemed so easy to resize almost no resistance in the press. I just bought 600 more pieces of federal so im stuck with it for a while.

To each his own!!

Picked up 4lbs today myself and 600 Juggers.

Buddy of mine just loaded done up in his Broughton 5C barreled Savage and they are on point. I think he's running 44 or 44.2 of Varget at 2.84 OAL which ends being 45/1000 of the lands. It printed less then 1/2 MOA groups at 100 and it was running around 2670 with the Varget. I'm excited to see what the MR2000 can do out if my new build, 25" Rock barrel. Hopefully I see the higher end nearing 2800

Last edited:
Pusher,

What barrel length is your friend running?

Picked up 4lbs today myself and 600 Juggers.

Buddy of mine just loaded done up in his Broughton 5C barreled Savage and they are on point. I think he's running 44 or 44.2 of Varget at 2.84 OAL which ends being 45/1000 of the lands. It printed less then 1/2 MOA groups at 100 and it was running around 2670 with the Varget.

Yep.... here is the skinny on the load that worked for me:

Savage 10FP
Broughton 5C, 308 match chamber, 21" finished length, TBA single chamber brake

1x Lake City 05 brass, full length sized, trimmed to 2.010, .002 neck tension
Federal 210M primers
44.0 Varget
185 Berger Juggernaut
COAL 2.840"
avg. 2660fps SD8
692ft asl, 30.132Hg, 62F, 66%H

This is a hot load in LC brass, no primer issues, but slightly heavy bolt in this tight chamber. Anyone using this recipe, work up from published minimums!

I had done a ladder test on powder loads at a single seating depth, and the accuracy node for me was 43.8-44.2 of Varget. Went out and shot 3 round groups seated at 2.880, 2.870, 2.860, 2.850, 2.840, 2.830. The 2.840 in MY gun was by far the best. When I measured the chamber, the Juggernaut was 2.885 on the lands.

Have not tried 2000 yet, but will try it out after the next match and work on loads.

photo (47).JPG

Last edited:
I will look around for the load that I used in my Tac Ops. I worked up a load that was safe at 80 degrees. I went to shoot on a HOT day in Texas, about 115, and I was piercing primers. And I was using small primer cases. I chucked the cartridges in the deep freeze for a while and could get about 5 shots in before I started blowing primers once more.

I don't know if 2000MR is temp sensitive, or if there is just a point where it goes over the edge.

Lowlight, please share your results. I'm interested to see the results. I've got some 190 VLD's I'd like to run with 2000MR. The recipes should be close .

I shot some mr2000 thru my ar308 with 24" lilja barrel 1 in 11 twist loaded at 2.800

45.0g mr2000 in lapua brass compressed with federal large primers, average velocity over magnetospeed was 2650's.
I tried multiple powder's to push them juggernauts and just settled with imr4064 only because sd and es were lower for me.
i'll try the mr2000 later when I have some more time. it does show promising result in heavy bullets for 308's

Last edited:
My best load so far...Winchester brass, cci 200, 47.6 gr 2000mr under 185 jug. 3/4 in group @200yds. No velocity check but will this weekend. Gonna try 210m and mag primers and play with seating depth.
* 26in krieger 12t

I found 2000mr thanks to a buddy who shot ft/r. I was shooting a GAP Crusader with 44.5 grains of Varget. 22" bbl. 175 smks. When I settled on my load with 2000mr I was just under 2800 fps with a 175 smk at 2.825 (2.236 ogive ). That's 120 fps faster than my varget load and just as accurate. I've shot 2000 mr in ALL the seasons , and just like H4350, it is pretty consistent until it GETS EXTREMELY COLD OR EXTREMELY HOT. But I guess that's all powders, MR being pretty good in temp swings.

Win brass, CCI br2's 47.5, 48 & 48.5 gn 2000mr, 185 berger seated at 2.261" to ogive gave me one really good group at 250yds. 49 was out of the node. I have yet to try this powder at 1k so won't really know truly how it does until then, chrono saying just under 1fps per degree. Meters awesome and burns clean though

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I put 15 shots in 3/4" at 300 yards with with 47.6gr of power pro and a jugg seated .017 off the lands. Shot my best score ever in f class with it also. My lapua brass was trashed in 2 firings, primers wouldn't stay in the pockets and couldn't even get the brass in a shell holder to resize. Showed no pressure signs on the first firing then got a click on the bolt lift on the second one and brass was done. Can't get Varget to shoot as good but can'
t afford 2x Lapua brass either. Had another node around 46.3 but it wouldn't shoot as good, seems to like to be ran hot.

Its awesome to read this thread.

This 2000MR should perform not only with the heavier 308 loads, but also the heavier 223 loads as well. I know this is getting off topic, but have any tried it with either 80 grainers seated out to 2.45", or the 77's to mag length?

This powder is gonna really work for us with shorter barrels, I know the F Class guys are using it, and the only thing is, they all have really long barrels. I tend to run 22" or shorter out of my 308s and so far, this stuff is great.

I'll update later, but I just got back and had great results, I just need to finesse it a bit. 46gr was a winner at 2685fps with my 22" AE MKIII and 47gr was starting to look good too around 2750fps. So I think I can go a bit more, possibly try something in the 47.5gr area or more.

The wind was bad today, so my shots at 300 all were stringing a bit, but still I had enough rounds an good starting point at 100 to have an idea of where to work.

2.880 was a bit much for my mags, i would have to remove the front plate to keep that length, but I think I try a bit shorter as nothing was compressed and I believe I have room.

Good day with this stuff, the powder is an excellent for shorter stuff.

1SMJ,

Work up to 26.3 with 80 Bergers, JLKs, or SMKs. COL of 2.555 with Win primers. Been shooting this load for three years or so. Works well for folks at HR.

LL,

How was the vertical?

Thanks,
DocB

LL, how much are you jumping? I was going to start at .015 and work out. I've heard they liked to be fairly close and others are around .045. As I said before, I've gotta play with it more as I just used .050 last time out.

I have no clue, I am loading for mag length so I can reliably feed from my unmodified AICS Mag, it was a tick long at 2.880, so am gonna try 2.860 and 2.840 next to see how much it changes things.

But I am not concerned about jump, only about accuracy, consistency, and loading from a magazine.

All my SDs were 12 or less, nothing registered over that.

Its awesome to read this thread.

This 2000MR should perform not only with the heavier 308 loads, but also the heavier 223 loads as well. I know this is getting off topic, but have any tried it with either 80 grainers seated out to 2.45", or the 77's to mag length?

2000mr is my go-to powder now for my 223 match loads in both mag-length 77's and single load 82's. I shoot the 82's at 2.375 and 77's at 2.255 with around 25.8gr of powder in lake city brass. Velocity is around 2700 FPS out of a 20" AR. I start running out of case capacity around 26.8gr, but don't really have any pressure issues. And FWIW, most people I've seen tend to run between 25.6-26.4gr with the 77's, 80's, and 82's. I'd start with 25.6 and work up from there.

2750 is a great velocity for that bullet and shouldn't run into pressure problems even in hot temps.

I ran that velocity with 2000MR last year shooting F/TR with it with great results. I'm experimenting with 2825ish right now. Not sure why. I guess cause I can.

This thread inspired me to load up some 185 Hybrids with 47.2 gr of 2000mr (the same load that shot well withe my 185 gr BTLR's years ago). I will let y'all know how it goes. I haven't shot 2000mr since I got my Prometheus. We'll see.

This powder is gonna really work for us with shorter barrels, I know the F Class guys are using it, and the only thing is, they all have really long barrels. I tend to run 22" or shorter out of my 308s and so far, this stuff is great.

I'll update later, but I just got back and had great results, I just need to finesse it a bit. 46gr was a winner at 2685fps with my 22" AE MKIII and 47gr was starting to look good too around 2750fps. So I think I can go a bit more, possibly try something in the 47.5gr area or more.

The wind was bad today, so my shots at 300 all were stringing a bit, but still I had enough rounds an good starting point at 100 to have an idea of where to work.

2.880 was a bit much for my mags, i would have to remove the front plate to keep that length, but I think I try a bit shorter as nothing was compressed and I believe I have room.

Good day with this stuff, the powder is an excellent for shorter stuff.

Try loading at 2.84 and try to find a node between 47-48. I bet that will hammer.

My partners load is .45 off the lands with this gun and it produced some extremely impressive groups.

Last edited:
Well, dang! I had to go pick up a pound to try out with the last 185's I have. Loaded up 45.5, 46, 46.5 and 47 at 2.840, wanted them in the mag as well. I punched in some data at JBM, comparing drop and mainly wind against the 175SMK@2650 and it's well worth it if they work out accuracy wise. I only picked the 175SMK at 2650 since it's my current load. (IMR4064/43/2.80)
@2000DA/10 MPH wind
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

So, just picking a mild load is .5 mil difference at 1000. If one misjudged the wind, at each MPH off, we're almost 2 inches advantage.

This will be in an AI AEIII, 24"

I have shot the 185 Juggs as high as 2850 fps with this powder through a 30" barrel. They shoot better for me, and several other F class shooters I know, between 2700 and 2750 fps. If you can get up to 2750, I think you will find something in or slightly below that velocity. Great bullet.