• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup 2009 Fall Shooters Bash @ Rifles Only

Re: 2009 Fall Shooters Bash @ Rifles Only

George, Rob, Tony....you will all be missed. It just wont be the same without you. George, since I imagine you will be diving I suppose that is an acceptable substitute for the match. Be safe.

Terry, my flat screen is pure as the driven snow.
grin.gif

I will be there. Looks like the bunkhouse might be quiet for once without Rob, Tony, and Scott shouting out with their nose horns.

Team Blaster will have representation at all RO matches. thats the rules.

look forward to seeing you all there. be safe.

KJ

Magpul PRS....you guys are comedians. I have only had those on order for about 7 months with no sign of them. Magpul needs to step it up!

Gift certificates are not a bad idea to deal with clothing sizes. Thanks for the input.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Team Blaster will have representation at all RO matches. thats the rules.
</div></div>

Team Blaster member that will REPRESENT. YOU GO BOY.

Lisa
Data Books will be sent for the prize table! Also do you think anyone in south TX would like a skull logo tshirt in Texas Orange? Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Storm Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lisa
Data Books will be sent for the prize table! Also do you think anyone in south TX would like a skull logo tshirt in Texas Orange? Mark

</div></div>

Mark us folks from Louisiana would really like a Purple and Gold skull shirt, lol

But for you I'd wear an orange compatible to Hunter Orange, lol

Just wondering if anyone was going through San Antonio and wanted to pick someone up for either the train up or the bash. Looking forward to being there!!!

I may be heading from Austin to San Antonio on my way to the match. Not sure of my work schedule so no commitment at this time. Check in with me about 2 weeks prior to the match. I'll be glad to share a ride with you.

Tman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tman300wm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may be heading from Austin to San Antonio on my way to the match. Not sure of my work schedule so no commitment at this time. Check in with me about 2 weeks prior to the match. I'll be glad to share a ride with you.

Tman </div></div>

Will do. Thanks!!

Decided against making the 3,200 roundtrip DRIVE..

Flight, hotel, and car are booked!

Anyone know where I can buy some experience?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Anyone know where I can buy some experience?</div></div>

The Online Training Forum, $120 a year, buys you some foundation to create a positive shooting experience.
smile.gif

Anyone know if spectators (one) are allowed at this event?

And one more thing.. what y'all think of my restaurant selection?

The Salt Lick
Smitty's in Lockhart
Doc's Seafood and Steak (only because i'm staying in Corpus Christi)

What is THE best steak place nearby?

Corpus is 45 minutes away so you know,

don't know those places you posted, but for steak there are two in Corpus to look into:

Republic of Texas
Katz 21

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The Salt Lick
Smitty's in Lockhart

What is THE best steak place nearby?</div></div>

Smitty's is good, but I think Kreuz Market in Lockhart is better. Kreuz has the best jalapeno sausage I have ever had...period. Pass on Black's in Lockhart, not near as good as the other two. Neither of those will get you a steak though.

I've got a buddy that swears by The Salt Lick, though I have never been there.

Both of those are a long way from Corpus though, so unless you are traveling by there, plan for a 3+ hour trip from Kingsville.

Don't know about Doc's

Sounds like you've been doing your homework on the important stuff!

Salt Lick in Driftwood? Or do they have another location? I grew up eating at the Salt Lick in Driftwood, TX. Its damn fine BBQ. As far as other locations, I coudn't say.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Corpus is 45 minutes away so you know,

don't know those places you posted, but for steak there are two in Corpus to look into:

Republic of Texas
Katz 21 </div></div>
+1 on Republic of Texas
Corpus was part of my territory for years and I stayed at the Omni Bayfront 2 days a week for 2 years and ate at the Republic of Texas every week.
Ask for JC.

Oh yeah. I'm in for the train up and the bash.

First competition.

Why do I get this sneaky feeling I am about to get schooled.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasRedNeck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yeah. I'm in for the train up and the bash.

First competition.

Why do I get this sneaky feeling I am about to get schooled..... </div></div>

Bring 2 cases or red bull & 4 - 6 12 packs of DosXX and leave them at the bunk house with frank and jacob. Bring lisa some fancy chocolate Unless you can afford a new bmw m3(no cheap shit this is the one person you really want to keep happy so spend some bucks!!!) and you will be fine. RO is a great place to shoot and learn. Ears open mouth shut SAFETY!!! F'''ing FIRST and listen to what Jacob has to say! Wish I could return but maybe next time.

Later,
NOmag

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Salt Lick in Driftwood? Or do they have another location? I grew up eating at the Salt Lick in Driftwood, TX. Its damn fine BBQ. As far as other locations, I coudn't say. </div></div>
No way! That is my #1 favorite place to eat anywhere. I will put a major hurtin' on them when we go. BYOB, too! I went to school at Southwest in San Marcos and used to go there all the time. I've seen fraternaties wheel kegs around on dollies there. I love it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOmag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasRedNeck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yeah. I'm in for the train up and the bash.

First competition.

Why do I get this sneaky feeling I am about to get schooled..... </div></div>

Bring 2 cases or red bull & 4 - 6 12 packs of DosXX and leave them at the bunk house with frank and jacob. Bring lisa some fancy chocolate Unless you can afford a new bmw m3(no cheap shit this is the one person you really want to keep happy so spend some bucks!!!) and you will be fine. RO is a great place to shoot and learn. Ears open mouth shut SAFETY!!! F'''ing FIRST and listen to what Jacob has to say! Wish I could return but maybe next time.

Later,
NOmag </div></div>

I did the May 6 day PR1&2, so I contributed heavily to the DosXX and SUGAR FREE red bull stash. Something Frank and I have in common. I did not, however, have to carry the PIMP CUP.

Thanks for the tip on Lisa. It is OBVIOUS Jacob married way over his head.

I got in on the upcoming event but misseed the bunk house. That is the best part, IMHO. Ear plugs are not just for shooting....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Salt Lick in Driftwood? Or do they have another location? I grew up eating at the Salt Lick in Driftwood, TX. Its damn fine BBQ. As far as other locations, I coudn't say. </div></div>

That's the one. Bring your own beer and a big pit in the middle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigjohnintexas</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The Salt Lick
Smitty's in Lockhart

What is THE best steak place nearby?</div></div>

Smitty's is good, but I think Kreuz Market in Lockhart is better. Kreuz has the best jalapeno sausage I have ever had...period. Pass on Black's in Lockhart, not near as good as the other two. Neither of those will get you a steak though.

I've got a buddy that swears by The Salt Lick, though I have never been there.

Both of those are a long way from Corpus though, so unless you are traveling by there, plan for a 3+ hour trip from Kingsville.

Don't know about Doc's

Sounds like you've been doing your homework on the important stuff! </div></div>

Just trying to get that Texas experience!

I'm flying into San Antonio Thursday and flying out Sunday evening. That'll allow me to have Smitty's on arrival, and leave with the taste and memory of The Salk Lick. I'll do some Corpus Christi local cuisine including Lowlight's recommendations in between..

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Now back to focusing on the competition..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiTechTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I would like your input...

Being a Hide sponsor I have to donate some goods for the Cup ($250 retail value), and I would like to know what you would guys would like. Here are some ideas I was kicking around:

Condor Shooting Mat (my favorite piece of gear):
http://www.hitechtactical.com/Condor-Sniper-Shooter-Mat.html

Blackhawk CQC Serpa Holster (this is tough because everyone has different pistols):
http://www.hitechtactical.com/Blackhawk-Level-2-Tactical-SERPA-Holster.html

Warrior Wear Tactical Pants (sizes being an issue):
http://www.hitechtactical.com/Blackhawk-Warrior-Wear-Tactical-Pants.html

Harris Bipod
Leupold Scope Rings
PMAGs
Choate Tactical Stock
Under Armour Shirts

Let me know what suggestions you have if any.

Thanks

</div></div>
The bipods should be able to please any body and maybe a few pmags

Two questions for anyone that knows..

What is the round count for rifle and handgun?
Are spectators allowed?

I suppose I can always call if nobody knows..

Spectators may wish to know that the road into the facility may be closed all or part of the day during shooting, depending on the course of fire, so they may not be free to come and go at will.

That may mean that if they are not there when shooting starts, they may not be allowed in, and once in, may not be allowed to leave until the COF is complete.

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate the info.

Going to be reloading like a mad man since i'll be burning through ammo the weekend just before in Vegas!

Any updates on round count? We're gonna need to start loading....

it is usually less than 200

Email went out today from Lisa with all the info. If you didnt get it, email her. Roughly 160 rifle and 60 pistol.

Drake should probably bring 300 rounds and a couple of extra mags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Drake should probably bring 300 rounds and a couple of extra mags. </div></div>
And LOTS of cleaning rods as long as they are one size too large!

Ha...funny.

My rifle is cleaned and ready...it won't need anything for a few competitions now.

I appreciate all of the concern though...LOL

I messed up my damn back last weekend so I am out....been pouting for a week.

Yall have fun, and take pictures.

Thanks Lindy. On the mend already, but it might take a little while. I have an even better reason now (like I need one) to go to the CUP in 2010
grin.gif

I think I must be winning, Bill, because I didn't miss a single shot all day.

Of course, I didn't fire any...
laugh.gif

We're having a good time, and the high score at the moment is right where it should be, at about 60 percent.

I'm having fun, it's nice to see people whom I respect, and friends I don't get to see very often, we haven't shot alot of rounds but the rounds we did send down range were very challenging, KYL was great, and the run and gun was very hard, dragging a litter while one handed shooting steel then climbing the berm to make a rifle shot. As usual Jacob runs a great match, little down time, thinking is required, all with safety as the #1 priority, "it's just a match", time to sleep, tomara is gonna be faster than today so we can finish up and party.

Wish I was there with friends, congrats to all the shooters, especially the one who gets my upper on the prize table.

We emailed Lowlight two 500.00 gift certificates today so he could print them off I had been gone so I missed sending something.If you are there be sure he gets them on the prize table.
Thanks
Randy & Diann