• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup 2010 Shooter's Bash

Re: 2010 Shooter's Bash

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear there might also be a Scotch test: multiple bottles at multiple distances under time constraints.
wink.gif
</div></div>

After the well received XX Challenge, we offered to put up the Waffleiron Lagavulin Challenge. Scotch bottle mounted on the mover from 500. Single shot. I bet some people drill it.....hopefully not too many. Those bottles aren't cheap.

Change that to a 18 or 25 year old bottle of Macallan and I'll go from RO to shooter and bring the Jam-O-Matic or a M249 to shoot movers with! I even have a friend with a GE Mini gun!

Was Lagavulin the stuff yall were drinking from the tactical pelican whiskey case? That stuff made me give up even trying to drink scotch. It made the bunk house smell like burning hair.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After the well received XX Challenge, we offered to put up the Waffleiron Lagavulin Challenge. Scotch bottle mounted on the mover from 500. Single shot. I bet some people drill it.....hopefully not too many. Those bottles aren't cheap.</div></div>Only six of sixty hit the XX, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was Lagavulin the stuff yall were drinking from the tactical pelican whiskey case? That stuff made me give up even trying to drink scotch. It made the bunk house smell like burning hair. </div></div> I think that was the Cragganmore from Ballindalloch in Banffshire, it smelled like a campfire - very nice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was Lagavulin the stuff yall were drinking from the tactical pelican whiskey case? That stuff made me give up even trying to drink scotch. It made the bunk house smell like burning hair. </div></div>

Several different bottles came out of a pelican case. You were probably referring to the Laphroaig 10yr, though, as it is the most peaty and smokey of the ones we brought. It is certainly not a beginner scotch....but it does remind me of old campfires. Mmmmmmmm. I might have to pour a little right now.

John, if it will get you shooting instead of RO'ing I will put up a nice bottle of Macallen myself. You dont even have to hit it.

You guy's are true professionals...I'm so tired and dehydrated after a days worth of shooting I cant even make it through a six pack without spinning...I am a mere mortal.

I don't mind shooting beer bottles on posts though...reminds me of shooting the birds that landed on the Iron Maidens back in the day when I was cool.

Respectfully,

--KJ

You were so tired and dehydrated because you lost the power of THE STASH! You had plenty of post-shooting mojo when your lip wasnt naked. Bring it back, man, bring it back.

hahahaha...Brother I feel like that after every day there...exhausted...mostly mentally but always tired.

Have no fear...the Stache is in full effect as I type this. I'm also in full beard mode since I've been off for the last 3 weeks with two more to go...hahahahaha. If that wasn't enough the locks are longer than they have ever been even before I went into the Corps...I know I know...youre thinking damn that sounds so hot...and youre right...it is...hahahahahaha

Respectfully,

--KJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJDrake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know I know...youre thinking damn that sounds like a mountain man</div></div>

Fixed it for you KJ
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJDrake</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the locks are longer than they have ever been even before I went into the Corps </div></div>

DrakeStash and Jacob Hair? I dont know if that much awesomeness can be contained on one head. You will be truely unstoppable! Let's just call Terry and Stan and everyone else and let them know they can stay home. Drake will not only take 1st, but 2nd and 3rd place too. 1st place with 100% of available points goes to DrakeStash! 2nd place with 98% of points goes to DrakeCurls! 3rd place with 75% of available points is Kevin Drake. (geez man, Stash should slip you a wind call or something)

Damn had to be right smack in the middle of duck season. I like you guys, but no way am I trading in Arkansas green heads for anything. Good luck

I might have to try to make it if I am going to be off work...sounds like a good time

I am DEFINITELY gonna be there! Assuming I'm around the internet for signing up....sh!t! Stupid field work....
I had an AWESOME time last year and can't wait to come back! Still mad I"m gonna miss the PR3-A class. One WEEK before I get back from A'stan.

I have a reminder on my calendar for every day of September! My wife calls that "obsessive".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beamer Girl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The dates have been set for December 10-11 (second weekend). More details to come later. Registration will not be until the September time frame. Will keep everyone posted.</div></div>

Is the Bash a 2-day shoot?

Thanks

Checked the work schedule and no way I can make it. SUCKS! Been watching to see if any leave was canceled but looks like it won't happen.

See you at the Cup.

I am going to make the trek back to Texas and get in on this!
Hope to put faces to names on here!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rob, me and 427 will come take you away in the cop car...tell work your in jail </div></div>
LOL! That will go well for his employer!!

I doubt I''ll make it either, which really bums me out...

If my wife gets this job she's interviewing for, maybe!

Rob, I think you will have to be severely ill and in the hospital right around that time. I've got a doctor's note waiting for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rob, I think you will have to be severely ill and in the hospital right around that time. I've got a doctor's note waiting for you. </div></div>

There you go, no excuses, free flight and a Doctors note, BAM!!!

Man.. i might be able to make this one...I think that is the weekend after hunting season. It will put some pressure on me to hurry up and get my elk..

Where can we stay, where do we fly into..We just got done driving to Wyoming and i sure as heck aint driv'n to Texas..

Fly into Corpus Christy, it's about a hour drive, unless you have blond hair and a BMW, there are hotels in Kingsville, or you might lucky and get to stay in the bunkhouse, if it's cold out I'll probably camp out at the range.

LOL Thanks for all the help guys. Good to know that I have a solid support system but I don't think work would let that one fly. Nice effort though
smile.gif

dang, i would love to come to this finally, but the wife is due Dec 16th. I don't think I would be allowed to return home if I was gone when she went into labor.

Come on Rob. Pick an illness....any illness. Tony sneezed on you and gave you multi-drug resistant, highly invasive, Western Jablowme Gonna-Herpa-Syphill-Aids and the only doctor who has experience in treating those poor bastards is in Kingsville.

FYI,

You guys contacting RO are screwing yourself, your application will go to the back of the line if you try to weasel in early...

Not a warning just a fact of life, do not email RO to get your application in early, 90 other people have the exact same excuses and reasons for wanting in, we have heard it all, so don't do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when this does go down, do we register here or on the RO site?

Thanks </div></div>

Frank, so we sign up through this thread? My apologies for the ignorance, just never entered the match.