• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

2010 Snipers Hide Rifle Build

Re: 2010 Snipers Hide Rifle Build

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L.Holmes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe the 2011 build can be a combination build like Rifle and pistol??</div></div>

in this economy, you are looking at around $6k for anything I would be interested in doing. We'd sell 3 of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">26" Savage 308 with a Lorcin 25acp kicker. </div></div>

Let's top that combo off with a Counter Sniper optic.

I'm in the market right now, $6K is very doable. I wanna get my new machine, maybe two of them, by year's end. Keep me posted on what you find.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">26" Savage 308 with a Lorcin 25acp kicker. </div></div>

Let's top that combo off with a Counter Sniper optic.

</div></div>

Wow, very snipery, would it still be CA legal setup that way?

I think a TacOps would be a GREAT CHOICE for a 2010 rifle build.

how about GAP built ar10's on JD machine uppers and lowers? I also know stever morrison of Mars armament who might be interested in building some 1911's. there is a nice combo

We've already did a GAP AR10 several years ago, and there are others offering things well in front of that -- stuff I would consider first.

Hide rifles are not as easy as it sounds saying, hey let's do "X" it takes a lot to put it together, the shops have a sizable commitment and in reality even 15 custom sticks is a lot for most.

GAP has it down for us pretty well, but it's always nice to spread it around so it's not the same thing over and over...

Like the Tac Ops thing, Mike doesn't build a gun fast, an individual rifle might take 12 months or more for one rifle. Now tell him to crank out 10 in 9 months and see what happens -- it doesn't. And honestly people won't wait 18 months for their build. It has to be a shop that can do 15 rifles in less than a year from order to completion.

It's more than just the builder, it's the spec's, its the customer, it's everything, having done a few of these already, I know what happens and it has the possibility of turning really ugly really quick

I'll take the prethreaded AAC Remington 308's, drop them into AICS 2.0 stocks, stencil a SH.com logo on the skins and mark it all up $500 each.

Who wants one?

I think it may be 2011 until people get there 2009 builds!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SH 22 trainer?? </div></div>
This is an awesome Idea. Maybe skunkworks action with the stock f your choice from MCM or Manners, that would be badass!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SH 22 trainer?? </div></div>

I would be in for this one too.

I know a lot of folks see this as a opportunity to go for a specialized rifle with a stellar pedigree. Works for me, but so do other ideas. Looking, as we say, at this economy; I wonder if it isn't time to configure a 'rifle for the common man'.

We've had an ongoing love affair with the Savage platform. While nobody's talked to me directly, they would appear to have attended our messages and their lines have swung into some pretty close conformance with our stated ideals. Maybe it's time to approach them more directly.

I think something that's configured to take advantage of those more recent improvements, Accue-trigger, Accue-Stock, and decent overall ergos to provide a carry package that's a pretty good accuracy package is well within the capability of Savage to produce as a proprietary 'Snipers' Hide Express", or somesuch.

I think a Long Action, with a .270, .280, .30-'06 and .35 Whelen chambering selection, somewhere along the lines of a Predator, but with at least a 22" barrel, midweight so its walkable. The Predator Camo options look OK.

Optics provided, selected from somewhere more midrange, bang-for-buck.

Pair it with a look-alike Savage MKII, and Voila!, the SH Tactical Trainer/Shooter package, probably at a cost that's more in line with the economy, and with a concept that's more in line with our general philosophies.

Maybe a <span style="font-style: italic">Shadow Dancer Duet</span>...?

Just sayin'...

Greg

M40A3 with Sako Quad .22 action, or .22 repeater in a folding chassis for packing (AICS, MAC, KMW with mods). Jeff

If you go with a pistol on a build look into LST firearms. This guy builds some fine shit. Dustin Bonner is his name and their was an artical in a magazine not long ago and was taught buy the best. He has been building 1911's since he was a kid. I have a 6inch 10mm coming in about a week or 2 and i will post some pictures. He has some cool ideas and easy to work with.

I doubt we go the pistol route again, Luke Volkmann did an outstanding build for us and less than 5 people took advantage of it.

Matching 1911s, response was less than supportive

SH_VC-2.jpg

Greg, i like your idea real well. If something like that was opted for i could help you guys out with some great deals on the 4200 and 6500 Bushnell scopes. I bought a couple from a buddy of mine in law enforcement and i do not pay tax, shipping and get it for what they pay. I got a 2.5x 16x 40 6500 in the mildot, not with the tactical knobs for 500.00 bucks even. Pricing depends on what you get. If something happens i will help out with the scopes if needed. The 2 scopes i got were the best bang for the buck, their sweet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I wonder if it isn't time to configure a 'rifle for the common man'.

Just sayin'...

Greg</div></div>

+1

Things being what they are, more folks are liable to buy into a solid budget build nowadays.

I wonder if we can get some input of any interested Smiths?

lol...savage. I think the whole point of Sniper's Hide Builds were to get the best of the best in custom rifles. That being said, with all past builds, they have all been spectacular. Common man builds are bought at Walmart and sent to ER Shaw/Douglas for fine tuning.

I see alot of talk on the 22 trainers. Are you talking custom? Mike Bush is doing some 22 stuff i would like to see. I would like to get in on this which ever way it goes, but like Greg said it would be nice to do something that will not brake the piggy bank.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt we go the pistol route again, Luke Volkmann did an outstanding build for us and less than 5 people took advantage of it.

SH_VC-2.jpg
</div></div>

Did not know about that one until way too late.

Same with the 2008 build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The .22 Trainer is being considered I will say right now that is at the top of my list </div></div>

As long as it isnt too close to when my kid is born in january, I would totally be in on this.

All I know is I have the money for this and cant wait for the build what ever the choice..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know a lot of folks see this as a opportunity to go for a specialized rifle with a stellar pedigree. Works for me, but so do other ideas. Looking, as we say, at this economy; I wonder if it isn't time to configure a 'rifle for the common man'.

We've had an ongoing love affair with the Savage platform. While nobody's talked to me directly, they would appear to have attended our messages and their lines have swung into some pretty close conformance with our stated ideals. Maybe it's time to approach them more directly.

I think something that's configured to take advantage of those more recent improvements, Accue-trigger, Accue-Stock, and decent overall ergos to provide a carry package that's a pretty good accuracy package is well within the capability of Savage to produce as a proprietary 'Snipers' Hide Express", or somesuch.

I think a Long Action, with a .270, .280, .30-'06 and .35 Whelen chambering selection, somewhere along the lines of a Predator, but with at least a 22" barrel, midweight so its walkable. The Predator Camo options look OK.

Optics provided, selected from somewhere more midrange, bang-for-buck.

Pair it with a look-alike Savage MKII, and Voila!, the SH Tactical Trainer/Shooter package, probably at a cost that's more in line with the economy, and with a concept that's more in line with our general philosophies.

Maybe a <span style="font-style: italic">Shadow Dancer Duet</span>...?

Just sayin'...

Greg </div></div>

Something more like a Savage .243 with A3 Mcmillian stock, Rifle Basix trigger, Brux or Bartlein barrel. This way shooting a .243 would be much more cost effective, as in lower cost barrels that anyone can install. Would be interesting to see if it would equal or even out shoot a semi-custom gun. Sort of a People's GAP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt we go the pistol route again, Luke Volkmann did an outstanding build for us and less than 5 people took advantage of it.

SH_VC-2.jpg
</div></div>

Did not know about that one until way too late. </div></div>

same here they are some fine looking 1911s and I missed out
frown.gif

.22 trainer in a McMillan A4 or A5 would be the shit.

yeah those .45's were bad ass. damn i wasn't on the site yet
frown.gif

i'd be so down for a 22 trainer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.22 trainer would be a neat change.</div></div>

Or a suppressed .17HMR </div></div>

YES!

Not for the folks that can't own suppressors; me.
Being a Canadian living in the USA only gives you so many perks, NFA items are a no-go