• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sniper’s Hide Cup 2011 Hide Cup

Re: 2011 Hide Cup

Yup.

Thanks for asking.
laugh.gif

I was running a Surgeon in .260 with a S&B 5-25 P4(FAT).

Most important thing for me was having a boringly consistant rifle with known dope. If you have to guess where the rounds will go and try to make calculations then you won't be able to concentrate on the the next important thing -- getting a solid position and making the shot.

Like Geordie said -- he runs "only the best."
John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Top .308 was a bone-stock AE topped with a SFP NF non zero-stop.

BTW Geordie and Tate shot very, very well throughout the match and their scores were in a league of their own. The rest of the top 20 were grouped considerably tighter. </div></div>

RG,
Awesome. Congratulations my friend.
Jack

Rich my rifle is a GAP. So was Kevin's.

Rich, I have to dissagree just a little. Wind calls were less important this year(for me) because of how crazy the wind was. It was so bad for me that I would see a miss just left and make a good correction and then might get a hit -- use the same hold again and would miss to the other side. The true wind call was for anyone who hit on the first round -- I saw a few but not many. I feel that if I get a hit in that wind I am a bit lucky and just hope the wind holds steady for fast follow-up shots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mick265</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was wind???? </div></div>

I thought I was the only one drunk shooting, guess not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja Pirtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mick265</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was wind???? </div></div>

I thought I was the only one drunk shooting, guess not. </div></div>

Yea, that's it I was drunk, hung over, etc, etc...

Oh, I was shooting a .260 also and I think my barrel is bent and my pistol barrel is bent too...

Hell, I wish my pistol barrel was bent... I may have had a better chance at hitting that damn mover!!
Mick... did you get that spreadsheet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">congrats, lots of good shooters there, and alot of mid-range/ positional shooting, good wind calls was key.

Here's a rough equipment list of the ones I can think of HERE </div></div>
Rich your so tricky with your computer skills

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell, I wish my pistol barrel was bent... I may have had a better chance at hitting that damn mover!!
Mick... did you get that spreadsheet?
</div></div>

I got the spread sheet. I need an engineer to "splain" it to me...

At least Rich has skills at something...........I've been wondering

Again great job Geordie

Wind....ha, I not even sure it could be classified as that!

I learned to take each shot individually (ordinarily not correct), only way I could hit anything off the tower. If I spotted a miss and held for a follow up, I didn't hit anything, the wind switched before I could break the trigger.

Wade was even calling corrections for me, they were perfect. I saw exactly what he saw. Make the correction, touch one off, hit the plate next to the one I was correcting to
laugh.gif

It was a hell of a lot of fun!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">congrats, lots of good shooters there, and alot of mid-range/ positional shooting, good wind calls was key.

Shooter numbers 8 and 13 were both using AIAW's with the 243 barrels you can order from Stacey at AINA....and 115 Dtacs. Not sure on #8's glass, I of course was running a Hensoldt.

Looks like the Cup was a big success. I'm hoping to make one myself one day...

Got a question for the guys who participated. I noticed pretty much everybody using a belt with molle webbing throughout the competition. What brands & models are considered the "best" for these types of competitions?

Thanks
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

I use a SO Tech set up. Fits me well and puts all the weight around my waist where it's not really felt during movement and doesn't get in the way with my shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceylonc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the Cup was a big success. I'm hoping to make one myself one day...

Got a question for the guys who participated. I noticed pretty much everybody using a belt with molle webbing throughout the competition. What brands & models are considered the "best" for these types of competitions?

Thanks
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com </div></div>

It may look cool, but you don't need any of that stuff. I ran my every-day-carry IWB holster and stuck a rifle mag in my pocket. Never an issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Shooter numbers 8 and 13 were both using AIAW's with the 243 barrels you can order from Stacey at AINA....and 115 Dtacs. </div></div>

I thought the AW 243 barrels weren't fast enough to stabilize the 115s?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Shooter numbers 8 and 13 were both using AIAW's with the 243 barrels you can order from Stacey at AINA....and 115 Dtacs. </div></div>

I thought the AW 243 barrels weren't fast enough to stabilize the 115s? </div></div>

The new barrels (Barlein's) are I believe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I thought the AW 243 barrels weren't fast enough to stabilize the 115s?</div></div>

The older factory barrels from the UK were 1-10, these are 1-8 or 1-7.5 barrels from Bartlein that AINA is having chambered in the states by Dave Tooley.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceylonc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the Cup was a big success. I'm hoping to make one myself one day...

Thanks
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com </div></div>

Ceylon, I was using my pack I got from you. That thing has got some miles on it now, most of them flying not on my back!!!!

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">congrats, lots of good shooters there, and alot of mid-range/ positional shooting, good wind calls was key.

Shooter numbers 8 and 13 were both using AIAW's with the 243 barrels you can order from Stacey at AINA....and 115 Dtacs. Not sure on #8's glass, I of course was running a Hensoldt.</div></div>

I was running a Premier 3-15 Gen 2 Mildot.

Does anyone know who took home the Nighthawk rifle?

Congrats to all the shooters and especially Geordie. Looks like it was a great shoot. I hope to be able to make it down for the Bash this fall.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nighthawk2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know who took home the Nighthawk rifle?

Congrats to all the shooters and especially Geordie. Looks like it was a great shoot. I hope to be able to make it down for the Bash this fall.</div></div>

Steve Dickow was the shooter who got the Nighthawk rifle, we did it a bit different this time and gave it to a shooter we knew would appreciate and use it. Which Steve fit the bill perfectly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Steve Dickow was the shooter who got the Nighthawk rifle, we did it a bit different this time and gave it to a shooter we knew would appreciate and use it. Which Steve fit the bill perfectly. </div></div>
That's pretty darn cool. Good move Frank.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Steve Dickow was the shooter who got the Nighthawk rifle, we did it a bit different this time and gave it to a shooter we knew would appreciate and use it. Which Steve fit the bill perfectly. </div></div>
That's pretty darn cool. Good move Frank. </div></div>

Indeed. I bet he was very surprised.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nighthawk2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know who took home the Nighthawk rifle?

Congrats to all the shooters and especially Geordie. Looks like it was a great shoot. I hope to be able to make it down for the Bash this fall.</div></div>

Steve Dickow was the shooter who got the Nighthawk rifle, we did it a bit different this time and gave it to a shooter we knew would appreciate and use it. Which Steve fit the bill perfectly. </div></div>

That's awesome. That is exactly what we like is to see it in the hands of someone who is going to shoot the crap out of it.
If you're reading Steve, congrats and let us know if we can do anything else for you. A range report would be great when you get a chance to shoot it.

Here's a rough equipment list of the ones I can think of <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">HERE</span></span> </div></div>

From the link, do I understand no gassers broke into the top 20?

I could be wrong, but I thought there were no gassers at all: Too much trouble to eject a live round, lock the bolt back then extract the mag to move to each new shooting position.

I saw Charlie shoot the Australian Peel as an R.O., though, and there's nothing he can't hit with that Noveske .308!

There were no gassers in the field, and really the only way to do it with a gasser is to have enough magazines to load them with 2 rounds each.

That said, I have seen Charlie hit the obstacles and barricades with his and he can definitely hit his mark with it.

As far as the bet on Sunday, it wasn't followed up on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blklabs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of Charlie, who won the bet on Sunday? </div></div>Nick.
frown.gif

- Oh, that was the other bet....nevermind.
blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have seen Charlie hit the obstacles and barricades with his and he can definitely hit his mark with it. </div></div>I've seen him shoot movers with rounds impacting on steel while additional rounds were in the air and on the way.
cool.gif

As an Aussie I'm rather proud to see the result from the Cup. Fantastic result Geordie! Hide Cup and Bash are officially on my bucket list. Well done to all involved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As an Aussie I'm rather proud to see the result from the Cup. Fantastic result Geordie! Hide Cup and Bash are officially on my bucket list. Well done to all involved. </div></div>

Thanks mate . I have room for any Aussies wanting to come shoot . Practice range to go with it.Pack your shit and come over

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have room for any Aussies wanting to come shoot. Practice range to go with it.Pack your shit and come over </div></div>Crap! It's an invasion! There goes second place.
laugh.gif

Don't make me extend a similar offer to anyone from New Zealand.
grin.gif

Geordie congrats on the win!
I also want to say thanks to Lisa, Jacob, Frank and all the rest for putting on an amazing match. And to the sponsors thanks for all the great prizes!

Cheers,
DM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What an offer! Thanks mate. PM inbound
</div></div>That does it: The Michigan team will be adding a New Zealander, just to level the playing field!
laugh.gif