• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 24-HOUR SNIPER ADVENTURE CHALLENGE

Re: 2012 24-HOUR SNIPER ADVENTURE CHALLENGE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mendocino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have many, many more. </div></div>

Any way to boost the sound a bit? On my laptop, with all volume settings on max, I can still just *barely* hear them. I checked another video to be sure it wasn't just my system, and the sound on that was fine.

We will run these through post production and raise the sound a bit. I wanted to get a few up "right away."

Before I left the States this summer, I was watching how this thread progressed, knowing the organizers and other parties personally. I was truly concerned that there might be serious injury or worse, and I'm glad to see that it turned out to be a great event.

I say that because I have done 24 mile & 30 mile forced marches with significant weight on my back, alone and with small groups, as well as cross-country individual land nav covering 32k+, and I was in excellent physical shape, had years of experience with land nav, and the right attitude. I've witnessed men in top physical condition stammer aimlessly in the woods without their weapon, while others continued on without large pieces of their feet or stress fractures, steadfast in achieving their goals.

Doing it at altitude in the temps you all experienced is strenuous enough for the organizers, let alone the competitors. Congrats to all who participated in this monumental gut-check.

+1 for using lubricants such as vaseline for mitigating foot blisters, as well as chafing in other high´friction areas on your body.

I'm glad to see that competent planning, medical support, and evac platforms were present, as these are some of the key points when executing events of this nature.

Excellent job, Zak, Ray, Cody, and team. It is no small accomplishment that this event was executed safely, while achieving the intent of integrating elements of several extreme sports into an unprecedented endurance/skillset competition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRRPF52</div><div class="ubbcode-body">----------- I was truly concerned that there might be serious injury or worse, and I'm glad to see that it turned out to be a great event.--------</div></div>

I think you're overstating the risks and understating the preparation and experience of both the organizers and competitors. If you know the folks who put this on personally, you know they were not as cavalier as you imply.

Hah, that's mine on a little motorcycle forum I help moderate, and intended to a crowd of motorcyclists who also like guns (like me).

I didn't expect that, the SEO spiders strike again.
smile.gif

Hmmmm... I could get a hold of a honda Ruckus, would that work?
laugh.gif

Zak, I take it that is you on the Katoom?

On bikes, that would be awesome too!

There are a few of us gun shootin', motorcycle riding/racing, mechanical engineers on that site.

Been a few years since I sold my last dirt bike, been missing it more and more.

I roadraced in 2001 and 2002.

Since then just messed around with dirtbikes and some trackdays having fun owning some of the cool bikes I'd always wanted to try.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luvtolean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On bikes, that would be awesome too!</div></div>Does anyone know of a rifle mount for an RS-125?
laugh.gif
RS125.jpg

For those of us who pedal and shoot, I would propose Mountain Bikes!
smile.gif

Those guys in the video are pretty bad-ass. I won't be doing that.

I was just reviewing some of my notes I jotted down during and after the race. I kept track of how many times we refilled empty camelbacks and canteens. One interesting stat from my team. My teammate and I drank 10 1/2 gallons of water +/- 1/2 each durning the challenge.

Yes, there will be a SNIPER ADVENTURE CHALLENGE in 2013!

Pencil it in your calendar for July 4-7th. Location will be the Felix Canyon Ranch near Mayhill NM (SW of Roswell).

We will be holding an ENDURANCE class and a separate SPRINT class.

The full match info is not online yet, but we will be ready for registration in a couple weeks.

For now, check out
http://www.competition-dynamics.com/

In!
Teams should ride side hacks.. I'm thinking Ural Gear Up perhaps...Ural would probably sponsor....

Huh..so the2013 International Sniper winner almost feel out of this Comp if it were not for my brother giving them oral rehydration salts to ease there cramps....note, they did not perform very well here and it was NOT publicized.

Again, Just Saying: War fighters recognize other warfighters!