• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 Bushnell and Rifles Only Brawl

Beamer Girl

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2004
Texas
www.riflesonly.com
Ok, we have things finally finalized for the spring competition at Rifles Only. Bushnell is coming in as the major sponsor for this event, which is why it is being called the Bushnell Brawl
smile.gif
. The competition will be televised with Shooting USA!
Here are the dates:
Train-up will be April 1-3, 2011
Sponsor Demo Day : April 4, 2011 (this looks like it is going to shape up pretty good so a schedule of the days events will be published ahead of time).
Bushnell Brawl: April 5-7, 2011
Shooting USA will be here most of the week getting footage. We are extremely excited about this as well as doing the competition for Bushnell. With 3 days of competition expect the round count to be fairly high. We have already come up with some new stages and events that I think you all will enjoy.
Registration will take place February 8th at 10 am (CST). For those of you on the east coast it is 11am, West coast is 8 am, and mountain time is 9am. We will be doing 90 shooters and will have at least 4 ranges going at once. More details will be posted as they come available.
If any of you have questions please let me know.

Re: 2012 Bushnell and Rifles Only Brawl

Lisa that sounds great. How exciting that this years match will be televised! Can't wait!

Can't wait to get back to R.O.! Jack, are you and your son going?

Got my leave put in at work for the match. Can't wait to head back down to RO.

man this sounds awesome wish it wasn't on my wifes birthday, damn the bad luck.

I plan on spectating more than likely, are spectators allowed?

since i'm local i'd also like to spectate if it's allowed

This is going to be an excellent match, can't wait Lisa!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't wait to get back to R.O.! Jack, are you and your son going? </div></div>

RG,
I don't think I can justify pulling him out of school twice in a year... I'd love to see him in it. Heck, I'd love to see me in it!

maybe we can find something during the summer.

Calendar set for registration, would love to make it back to RO this spring!

One thing I failed to mention is that registration will be done on the Rifles Only website. I have received several phone calls about this and I forget that there are so many new people to this. The registration form will be put up on the competition page about 5 minutes before it opens. You will submit it electronically. Once that is done those of you who make it into the competition will be notified via email. We will have 90 slots. Some of those will be going to our military guys and some to major match sponsors. The rest will be fair game. If any of you have questions about the registration, just let me know.

This is an individual event and it will be more tactical style shooting. Very little prone shooting..

Also just got word that NRA sport will be endorsing this event as well as attending! This is great news as they are trying to bring in more of the tactical style shooting.

Sweet!!!!

Registration is in. Looking forward to it!

Registration is in. Hopefully I can get on the list to compete!!!

Mine is in, hoping I did it right. Also hoping my new rig will be ready in time.

Lisa,
Do you think you would have a spot for the Bushnell Tactical Team at the match. I would like to make it back down to Rifles Only this year. I will have to get up with Jon to see if he wants to come along. Hope you still have a spot for the Bushnell Team.
Look forward to seeing you all,
Clark K

On their Facebook

RIFLES ONLY, Inc.
Ok, the printer is smoking! I just finished printing out the registration forms. We will not be sending out emails until tomorrow. Depending on how long it takes you might not receive anything until Friday. We will do our best to get this done quickly. No doubt this has been the most registration forms we have received. Thanks to all of you!

Weather for Kingsville, TX

10-Day Forecast:
Tuesday
Isolated T-Storms 90°F / 71°F
Precip: 30%

Wednesday
Partly Cloudy 90°F / 70°F
Precip: 20%

Thursday
AM Clouds / PM Sun 95°F / 71°F

Friday
Partly Cloudy 90°F / 72°F
Precip: 10%

Saturday
Isolated T-Storms 88°F / 72°F
Precip: 30%

Can't wait!

My lovely bride hit my rifle with her car while pulling into the garage....it was sitting in the middle of the floor, elevated, with foaming bore cleaner doing it's thing...

I'm all set for the match!

Would love to be shooting this. Hopefully they will have the whole shoot as there program for the night. If you can Lisa, find out when it will air and let us know please.

I got a call from three super happy competitors in a van driving back to Oklahoma.
Wade Stuteville #1
Tim Long #2
John Sommers #3

There is no alcohol involved but all three are trying to unwind a bit and let it sink in during the 12 hour return trip.
Wish I could have been there to clap real loud and give them a hand shake.

Outstanding shooting by all three Team Surgeon shooters.

From their comments it sounded like Rifles Only (need to change that name to Rifles Plus since there are some pistol shooting in their matches) put on a challenging, interesting, and smoothly ran match.
Thanks to Jacob, Lisa, and all their crew for putting on an outstanding match and keeping 100 shooters safe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Great job Wade for the win!!!

Team Surgeon were top three shooters. </div></div>

That site looks alot like the hide??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodspider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That site looks alot like the hide?? </div></div>

Actually looks like every ubb forum, but I'm sure LL appreciates the shiatsu...

Good job to all the top shooters, and thanks to all the sponsors!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodspider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That site looks alot like the hide?? </div></div>

Actually looks like every ubb forum, but I'm sure LL appreciates the shiatsu...

Good job to all the top shooters, and thanks to all the sponsors!!</div></div>

Who you kidding they directly copied this place because they said I didn't let them talk about a single match and they know it.

The, UBB is a poor excuse they like to use especially when you consider all the forum software out there. Notto mention that is NOT the default install they claimed, and the next person who advertises their site will be permanently banished there.

They're not gonna, copy, and compete, and troll for members here through others. They know my feelings I stood in front of them and told them in FLA.

I'm smoked, but I imagine Jacob and Lisa are ready to sleep for a few days. What a great match! Very well run, smooth, and very very challenging. Good shooting to the winners, and as always, it was wonderful to see all of my old friends again.

To Rifles Only: You and your crew are the best there is, and I enjoy every minute I spend down there. Great Job, as per usual, and thanks for all that you do for our sport and community.

To Bushnell/Tom: What can I say? The HDMR is really able to compete VERY well with any of the best scopes on the market. My scope held up to all of the abuse, and asked for more. From being drug through multiple concrete culverts, to being thrown all over the mouse and rat traps while changing positions, the scope held true, returned to zero, and tracked as it should. The G2 reticle is perfect for what we do.

To the Sponsors: THANK YOU! I buy all of my gear from you guys, and will continue to do so. Thanks for the support and for the donations. The prize table was very overwhelming.

To the RO's: It couldn't run as smoothly without you. Thanks for the clear explanations and for heaping to make this match run safely.

To the competitors: Awesome job, especially to the Surgeon shooters. Great shooting with everyone, and I hope to see you all throughout this year...

Best,
JP

Look forward to that show. Hope it's not just a segment and they base at least one whole episode off of it.

Congratulations to Wade, Tim, John and Patrick! I sure hate I couldn't make this one but am very happy for my friends and team-mates. Super job in a tough field of rifle drivers.

Safe Easter wishes to everyone.

Terry