• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 "GAP GRIND" @ K&M ***RESULTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS***

Re: 2012 "GAP GRIND" 10/26-10/28 @ K&M

I'll get scores up tonight. Photos and notes will follow.

Shannon

KM George and crew are masterminds of course of fire desighn and layout,thank yall for the sacrifice and time away from your families so we can shoot. sponsors were awesome! super cool to meet Mr. Bartlein and take home one of his barrels,
THANK YOU-BUY BARTLEIN!!!
i love the run and gun style of the match.it sure drives me to train harder when i see the level of skill required to break into the top 20 not to mention the top 10.

the facility just gets better and better and drives us all to perform better. also thanks to the PRS guys for driving the sport as well

It's hard to believe how great of a match this was. Even harder to imagine the work that went into it. Amazing that in about a year, K&M took an 80 acre timber tract into an Augusta of shooting ranges. Professional staff, Great Ro's and some outstanding volunteers made this a match top notch.

I can go on and on but bottom line, This is a shooter's match!

Unbelievable mutual support for and from the sponsors.
I have alot of thank you's to get out.

I wanted to give a quick congratulations to everybody that shot, like Terry said, you walked away a better shooter just being there. So much to learn and practice and so little time. Hat's off to the crew and all the competitors. I got to meet some newer faces Kevin D., Mark R., Joe W. in the evening at dinner and we had a great time, these guys are really good too. I'm really amazed at the level of talent and how fast the learning curve is growing, what took me two or three years to learn these guys are doing in two or three matches.

Special thanks to Binary Anvil for their awesome donation, the PRS will definitely use this to highlight our shooters and sport.

Fact #1 Same 3 guys finished the same 3 places as the previous K&&M match. You guys are awesome John, Dustin and Jeff.

Thanks for posting the pics and vids. Always wondered what went into one of these matches.

Now I can see the kind of stuff I would need to practice on. Some of that positional stuff looked pretty difficult. Just because I am ignorant of the rules, were the targets of known or unknown distances?

As close as I am to Baker, FL I have no good reason for not going down there for some training one day. Looks like it would be a blast.

Shannon,Bryan & George, what an awesome shooting event you guys
put on. I can only ditto what everyone else has stated.

Special Thanks to all the RO's,the cook,and all the behind the scenes help that made this a successful event.

THANK YOU to the sponsors for all the support and generous donations to the prize table. My hats off to you all.

Congrats John,Dustin & Jeff for setting the bar high.

Best regards

Mark

Scores below - Congrats to all! More pictures, website updates, etc. to follow once we get caught up on work and sleep.

2012GAPGRINDPRECISIONRIFLECOMPETITIONRESULTS.jpg

Wow, at least 4 Louisiana boys in the top 10!! I hate I had to miss this match. I had some last minute garbage pop up on me and had to bail.

Sounds like it was an awesome match full of, and run by, good people. Glad everything went smooth and safe. Shannon, I WILL make a match at K&M next year.

This was a great match to film, tons of good footage! K&M's range was incredible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tyler Kemp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was a great match to film, tons of good footage! K&M's range was incredible. </div></div>
You should have been shooting with us Tyler instead of jacking around with that tripod and video! We've seen you shoot on your videos, so I know you would have been in the fast lane. Good to see you there either way.

As I stepped out of my truck back in Texas my girlfriend met me outside. Her first comment was, "how much weight have you lost"?
According to the scales, almost 7lbs! I didn't think the guys worked me that hard but I guess they did.

Everyone who attends one of these events takes away a different set of memories and experiences. I had a couple of very clear moments that stood out in my mind. One was after I had just completed the "Grinding it Out" stage. For those not in attendance it was a straightforward affair. You carried your backpack, all associated gear, ammo, and rifle with you while your ran approximately 160 yards while stopping at 5 different firing positions to engage targets. I had just completed the stage (4 out of 5 before time ran out) and was reloading my rifle back into my Gunslinger II pack. I put the now 35lb. pack back on and began the 200 yard march back to the staging area. For whatever reason, at that point with no one around I started laughing and thinking to myself, "this is awesome". Sometimes we get so caught up in the competition that we don't take time to realize how much fun we are having.

The second standout moment in the competition was on the 940yd "Field of Fire" exercise. I was the last shooter in my squad so there were about 30 people standing there watching me shoot the stage. The wind was cooking and I had just finished nearly zeroing the two previous stages at much shorter distances. I knew I had to regain some momentum or mentally it was going to be a long afternoon. I jumped up on the picnic table and found the 12" square in my HDMR. I was so focused that I don't remember which shot I missed but I hit 4 out of the 5 shots. What wasn't obvious to those 30 or so people watching me was that I held different for each shot based on what wind I saw in the scope. When the 4th of my 5 shots hit the target and I unloaded, I knew it had taken every ounce of skill I had to shoot 4 out of 5 in that wind. I came to the realization that this match had literally pushed me to my very limits. Yes, this match was very well run and organized but the real genius was in the design of the stages. Looking through the COF book, they all seemed pretty straightforward but when you were shooting them, there was almost always some element that made them much harder than they appeared. I spent months practicing almost everyday for this match and it was a good thing I did.

I would also like to compliment Shannon, Brian, and George for the stages they didn't create. I won't mention any names but we have all seen several stages that are common at matches that really serve no purpose and are pretty much ridiculous. There was none of that at K&M. All the stages required solid tactics, skill, and strategy. The GAP Grind was what every long range tactical match needs to be!

Congrats everyone glad you all had a blast!!

Sorry I had to miss all the fun but had bigger mission in life to attend to.

had a awesome time with some awesome shooters. definately got my cardio in for the weekend. Congrats to the surgeon and GAP boys who put on a hell of a show and it came down to the wire on who would take it home. It was awesome to put faces to names for those i had yet to meet.

Thank you to Brian and Shannon for letting me come and partake in the festivities. The facility is turning into one of the nicest i have had the oppurtunity to shoot on and i've shot a few. if your in that area you need to become a member because i would be there every weekend if it was withing 4 hours of my house.

It really was a great match!!! Well put together and one of the best training facilities I have seen! Can't thank all those involved enough from Shannon, George, all the RO's and the sponsors. I hope to make it next year as well! Maybe, just maybe by then I shall have my new comp gun ready!!!

Shannon, Bryan & George,

Thank you, thank you thank you. What an awesome match, these guy's really did their homework on this one. I really don't have much to add to what has already been said but you guy's know me I'm going to add something.

I would like to say a special thank you to the guy's that shot this match from our Great country the U S of A's military, THANK YOU for what you do. I was fortunate enough to have a couple in my squad and what and honor it was to shoot with them. You guy's are the greatest and I mean that from the bottom of my heart! God speed, good luck and be safe.

Mick

Shannon, Bryan, George, all RO's and staff...

Thanks for a wonderful time and putting on the best match of the year!

Scott & Vortex Optics.....Thanks for the Razor Spotter I won for high score on "The Rock".

Sponsors all...Thanks for your generosity!

Bryan....Thanks for your time above and beyond coming back the next day and letting us practice movers til noon, it helped me immensely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tyler Kemp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was a great match to film, tons of good footage! K&M's range was incredible.</div></div>

Looking forward to coverage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXshooter63</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> For whatever reason, at that point with no one around I started laughing and thinking to myself, "this is awesome". Sometimes we get so caught up in the competition that we don't take time to realize how much fun we are having.</div></div>

Looks like it was a great match. Gonna have to mark it on the calender for next year.

I would like to thank all those that attended the "Gap Grind". I know as a shooter how expensive it is to commit to a match like this. Thanks for trusting K&M with your time and thank you for the safety and professionalism shown by all through out the match. Congrats and great shooting to John, Dustin, Jeff, Bryan and Patrick! 

It was a great pleasure to host this match for GA Precision. For George to give K&M the opportunity to host his match means a lot to me. I want to thank him for all his support and hard work to make the match what it was. It goes without saying but also a big THANK YOU to all the RO's "friends" for working so hard to make it a great match. It couldn't happen without you.

I know Shannon is going to post some pics up and give another shout out to the sponsors but I want to personally thank them for their willingness to take from their bottom line in a difficult economy to support the prize table. As I get to meet them and talk to them I realize their desire to make sure that our sport grows but also their desire to put out products that can handle the things we put them through. It was huge to have true leaders in our industry like George Gardner, Trace Bartlein, and Tom Manners to come down and help out and RO some stages for us. Truly great guys that have built great companies!

I want to thank the PRS for allowing us to have a second match this year. The PRS has the opportunity to truly showcase the skill of some of the greatest precision rifle shooters in the country. Rich and the PRS family have really worked hard this year by putting on many great events and I know it's only going to get better. 

A special shout out and thanks to Shannon, not only as my partner in business but also a friend, for all his efforts to make K&M what it is. It's been a long year for the both of us and it's not over yet. Time to kick some ass at the PRS Finale!

Last but definitely not least. THANK YOU to the military shooters that came out for this event. I want you to know that my family and I are truly grateful for what you do for this country. I thank you for allowing me to be with my family while you are away from yours protecting the freedoms that far to many people in this country take for granted. Your sacrifice will never go unrecognized in my household. You always have a place to shoot at K&M.

Bryan Morgan

Clean up is about done so I wanted to make a feeble attempt to thank everyone who made the GAP Grind possible.

George you are good friend and trusted us to host this event bearing your companies name. I hope it lived up your expectations. Let’s never do it again!
wink.gif

Greg, Don, and Mike, again you guys came through to support K&M as always. You guys are a big part of the K&M team here and we can’t do what we do without you. Thanks for the time, energy, and hard work! Greg – I forgot to recognize you in front of the shooters to thank you for the welding and fabrication you have done for us. Sorry, we will forever be in debt to you. Thanks man!

Big Joe – thanks for the flight all the way across the country to help us out. We couldn’t have pulled it off without you and I would be a lot sorer too. Thanks Brother!

To all the first time ROs, you were all in trenches making things happen and we needed your help! Thanks you so very much! However, now that you have K&M experience you have committed yourself to many future RO duties!
wink.gif

Josh from Copper Creek – came all the way down to help and sponsor the match as well. Josh thanks for the time, support and friendship! Plan on ROing in May.
wink.gif

Ward from Lewis Arms Co spent the entire weekend taking the photos in the next post(s) – send him a thank you note guys! Thanks Ward and it is good to have you on the K&M team.

To all the sponsors, your support is sincerely appreciated and noticed by the community. We can’t thank you enough for the prize table donations and effort you all put into this match. I will be sending a small note to each of you this week.

Trace and Tom, I finally got to meet you two in person and it was pleasure to be sure. Everything George said was true, you guys are incredible people. Thanks for the support and help this weekend. Please thank your crews/shops for shutting down and taking the time to be with us. The shooters loved it, but I guarantee not as much as Bryan and myself.

To the military guys – you will always have a home at K&M and we were glad to host you. Come down anytime on Uncle Sam’s dollar or ours!

Congrats to the top guys – very impressive shooting. We are looking forward to being on the firing line with you during the Finale.

Shooters, thank you for supporting K&M and our matches. As long as you keep coming we will keep putting on the best matches out there.

I probably forgot someone and reserve the right to fix it before getting yelled at!
wink.gif

Some stats from the match -
The winner shot 75% of the points possible. About half of the shooters scored 50% of the possible points, both of which we were aiming for. Please be frank and send us any AAR notes that you think will make us better!

And lastly to my partner - I'm tired and our wives are going to kill us!

Shannon

We had a great time at the Grind. The K&M range is an amazing setup. I would never have imagined that so many quality shooting scenarios could be crammed into such a small footprint of ground.

It's hard to believe that these guys just started this range ten months ago. No wonder your wives are mad at you guys Shannon, they've forgotten what you look like.

The course of fire that George, Shannon, and Bryan came up with was very challenging and required the shooter to think through what needed to be done to have a positive outcome. All the stages can easily translate to the field whether you're a hunter or a military shooter. The training value of the whole competition was outstanding.

Thanks go out to all of the volunteers who worked behind the scenes and to all the RO's who ran such a fast paced match. You all performed superbly, hat's off to you all.

I had a chance to meet several of the men who are currently serving in our military. My whole family thanks your for your service gentlemen, it was a pleasure meeting and shooting with you. One of the military shooters I got to hang with had never shot a scoped rifle before this match, he did not place last either. Way to go, you did a fine job behind the rifle.

The prize table was great, thanks go out to all of the companies who donated products. It would be nice to see a list of all the sponsors so I can send thank you emails to them.

I look forward to shooting there again.

As i slowly make my way back home so I can get back to work, I thought I'd take a quick minute to give everyone for making this match so successful and more importantly such a great time!

I'd like to thank Brian and Shannon for welcoming me with open arms and allowing me to RO their carefully planned stages. They put on a stellar match and anyone who hasn't been to the facility in Baker needs to finish reading my post then immediately drive down and check it out and join the range!

To all the competitors, You did a great job and it was great seeing all my friends and making new ones. Hope everyone had as much fun as I did. There was a ton of great shooting out there and it was awesome to stand over you and learn some things.

To Everyone shooting Copper Creek, thanks for the support and trust through your stages, We had a big show of support and won quite a few stages! Luke you did a great job with your .308 this weekend and impressed a lot of people. If you need some ammo to feed your new Barrett, Call me!

Jason, Kenny, Scott, Dustin, and all of Team GAP. Thank you, thank you, thank you for continuing to spread the good word and talk me up! I really appreciate it and want you all to know it doesn't go unnoticed.

To all my fellow RO's it was bad ass hanging out and making Jokes, BigJoe I think we left the 800 yard range a better place when we were done christening it for it's first match!

Congratulations to Floyd Cook for slaughtering those Prairie dogs and winning a big box of ammo. If you kill anything make sure you send me some pictures!!!

Finally to George, thanks for hosting the Match and putting together an insane prize table. I really appreciate you letting come down to RO and keep me from making a fool of myself running and gunning!!! I appreciate all the support and can't wait to see what you think up next!

Re: 2012 "GAP GRIND" @ K&M *****RESULTS/PHOTOS******

Tony,

Good call. Here is the list and logos of our sponsors. Please send them them a note of gratitude:

C&S TACTICAL
STORM TACTICAL
BERGER BULLETS
SPECIALIZED DYNAMICS
EURO-OPTICS
SEEKINS PRECISION
SOG
TIS
MCCOURT MUNTIONS
BELL AND CARLSON
ARMAGEDDON GEAR
RITTEN PRECISION
TAB GEAR
KMW
VORTEX
BIG DOG STEEL
GAP
BUSHNELL
MANNERS
COPPER CREEK
ACCURACY INTERNATIONAL
STRIDER KNIVES
K&M PRECISION RIFLE TRAINING
MACK BROTHERS SUPPRES.
TRIAD TACTICAL
US OPTICS
SURGEON RIFLE
SUREFIRE
MAGPUL
ROCK CREEK BARRELS
OUTBACK WELDING
IMPACT DATA BOOKS
SUPPRESSED TACTICAL SOLU
BARRETT
HORNADY
ACCU SHOT
NIGHTFORCE
TIMNEY TRIGGER
SINCLAIR
LEWIS ARMS CO
MILE HIGH
DIAL AND SHOOT
JC STEEL
VICTOR COMPANY
RIFLES ONLY
BADGER ORD
DEFIANCCE ACTION
BARTLEIN BARRELS
Picture2.png

First off I want to say thanks to Shannon, Bryan, George for putting this match together. I had a great time. This is the first time I have been down to the facility and that place is amazing. Also the sponsors are awesome. The prize table was unreal. I shot well enough to be the top MIL shooter and was blown away at the generosity of the K&M crew and sponsors for the plaque. I also want to thank Tom Manners for the T-6 stock I got from the Prize table and that he took time to personally congradulate me on my finish and talk me through the stock.
Thanks to all the other sponsors as well.

Another thing it was great to meet some of the other shooters and people in the industry.

This was my first match of this size and caliber and it was definately not easy to keep things going as smoothly as it went. There was hardly any down time and people weren't rushing to get reasy either. The RO's and staff did a great job of moving things along and keeping everything running smoothly.

All in all this was a great match and I will be shooting as many of these matches as I can.
Thanks once again,
Adam

There is not much to say that hasn't already been said but I'll repeat a few things anyway.
The speed and flow of this match was second to none. Shannon and Bryan did a great job of organization and anticipating the flow of the match and kept 75 shooters moving at all times. There was plenty of time to clear your head between stages but we were never bored wondering when we might shoot again. As many others have said, it's amazing the amount of shooting opportunities that they are able to create on such a small amount of land.

I'd also like to say a special thanks to all the RO's that gave their time to support this match. It was amazing the amount of industry involvement in this match. I got to put a lot of names with faces like Tom Manners and Trace Bartlein. It was truly an honor to get to meet you. It was also nice to get to meet Alex of Eurooptics.

Thanks to all the sponsors who so generously gave to the prize table. I realize that these donations are given out of your generosity as most of you can't build as much as you can sell and therefore are giving to help grow the sport. The support is greatly appreciated.

Last but not least thanks to George for putting forth the effort to organize "The GAP Grind" and give us shooters another opportunity to shoot at a great venue run by great people.

Thanks,

Dustin Morris

It was an amazing match.

First, thank you Shannon and Bryan for hosting such a kick ass match. I've been there since the first tree fell and I still can't believe what you've done with this place. You both are top notch people and it never ceases to amaze me what you both can do.

I would also like to thank all the sponsors for stepping up and donating to this match. I know you're being inundated with requests for gear and we truly appreciate when you step up to the plate as you did with this match. Anyone associated with this match should write a personal thank you to every single one of these sponsors. I think this especially rings true for guys like Tom Manners, Trace from Bartlein, Alex from Euro Optic. These guys took time away from their business and family to come down and support this match. If that doesn't show you their dedication and commitment to our fun, then nothing will.

Too all the shooters new and old. Thank you for being such great competitors. As one of the ROs I am thankful for the way everyone was safe, paid attention and made this match one of the smoothest out there. From the top-tier shooters all the way down to the first timers. You made my job easier by being very "professional". I look forward to seeing you again.

To the other RO's, old friends and new, it was a pleasure to see you again and work with you as an RO. All of you were fantastic and were a key factor in making this match run as smooth as it did. Everyone chipped in and helped and did a fantastic job. I would RO with any of you again in a heartbeat.

Professionalism is the notion that keeps coming to mind. Shannon and Bryan know what professionalism means, and they know how to be professional. Stress related to the rigors of producing and conducting a match of this caliber can be challenging to the point that match directors and RO's become irritable and rude. We shooters ignore for a time rude and unprofessional conduct because we have no choice but to get kicked out of a match.

Shannon and Bryan clearly manage stress well, remaining professional throughout a match and you have to assume its partly because they've prepared a match with exhaustive efforts such that the match runs smoothly.

Coolness under fire is a quality not possessed by many, but this crew has a monopoly on coolness. These guys are the real deal.

Got back from the Grind to be welcomed by the ATF for an audit. Now thats over and Im wishing I was back in Florida hanging out with you guys!!!

Shannon and Bryan, Thanks for the hard work, I believe it paid off as the results say volumes. You guys will never know how appreciative I truly am. Thank You!!

To the competitors, you guys rock, I had a great time talking with everyone and running you guys through the Stages!!! I cannot wait till next year, I already have a plan in place!!

To the R.O's thanks agin I owe you guys big time!!

Thanks to Tracey C, you really everything straight and Scoring was Perfect!!

Trace, Tom, Alex Im glad you guys made it, it meant alot to me and I really apreciate the support!!

Congrats to John, Dustin, Jeff, Brian, And Patrick, you guys shot a hell of a match!! It was fun watching the Masters do there thing!

Im off to the Island for a little R&R. Catch you all in a week. Thanks again!!

As stated above it was an amazing match. George, Shannon, and Bryan did a superb job of developing the game plan. The level of shooter proficiency and professionalism amongst the shooters doesn't get any better.

I would like to personally thank everyone for the outstanding level of safety displayed during the match. I know I bugged everyone during the stages consistently about safe handling and safe weapon. I worked an LE range many years so please don't take it personally. It's just my nature.

It was great to see old friends and even better to meet and make some new ones. I would like to thank my partner in crime all weekend Tom (hawkeye) Manners. I will tell you guys Tom is an amazing spotter and certainly made my job a lot easier. To see the industry participation, and commitment from them to the success of this match was truly humbling.

I sincerely hope everyone enjoyed the Event as much as we all enjoyed participating in making it a fluid and safe one. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again at the next K+M event.

I assure you that Shannon and Bryan never stop busting their butts to make sure that every shooter that attends any event or class at K+M has a first class experience.

We need to figure a way to relate folks at matches with their screen names, Would like to know who I meet verses who I talk on the net with.

Hey Shannon, Can you do a vid of what all this is about? Anything, something showing all in action. Maybe have to be a few vids etc. I and 2 others are really interested in catching one of these next time if we are up to the challenge. Thanks!

John L.

PM,

George had his guys take a ton of video. Not sure when he will edit it, but once he does it will be posted.

Shannon

AWESOME! I look forward to viewing them! How did the shoot go? What was the turnout? Did Dan(wounded warrior) have a blast or what??

PM,
I think you are confusing the Grind with our Advance Course that took place this weekend. Dan was able to make it and everyone was honored to meet him and shoot alongside him. It was a kick ass weekend!

Shannon

Re: 2012 "GAP GRIND"

The 6.5 cartridges ruled the match. There were only a handfull of people running .308's, I'de say over half of the competitors were using some form of 6.5.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OCWK4O8orOs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OCWK4O8orOs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Congratulations to the organizers and competitors!!!!