• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 Las Vegas Invitational Crap Shoot

Re: 2012 Las Vegas Invitational Crap Shoot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Byron from Delta P Designs has donated a gift certificate for a 6.5mm rifle suppressor. </div></div>

Hmmmm, I may need a can finally......

Brownells has stepped up and donated gift certificates.

New Frontier Armory will be sponsoring the match.

Bartlien Barrels has donated a gift certificate worth $325.

More to follow!

Wow that's great, I'm loading all my ammo for the match tomorrow. Then Tuesday it is off to CO for a hunt, and straight to Vegas from the mountains, for the match. Going to be a fun and busy 2 weeks.

Are shooting jackets allowed? Just recently tried one. Amazing. I'll order one if it's legal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim See</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but you have to wear it or carry it all day long. lol </div></div>

I agree!

Please show your support for these outstanding companies that support us!

USoptics.jpg

Sierra.jpg

ScoreHigh.jpg

JDewey.png

kelbys.jpg

GAP.jpg

Brownellslogo.jpg

Berger.jpg

Bartlien.jpg

deltap-logo.png

Our shooter list:

Edward Jimenez
Randall Rausch
Vu Pham
Vince Guiffredda
Ron Shackle
Dean Morris
Charles Moots
Brian Sanders
Erik Herrling
Joseph Villegas
Richard White
David Skitarelic
Jason Boak
Francis Kuehl
Mike Sumner
Adam Williams
Jerod Sweesy
Joseph Hernandez
Tim Milkovich
Regina Milkovich
Scott Bartells
Joe Mazzola
Steve Montgomery
Matt Burkett
Jason Chan
James Jefferies
Steve Eacret
Michael Voight
Brad Bolves
Chris Tressler
Steven Rogers
Clint Simon
David Kerley
Keith Nelson
Brian Embley
Matt Lavine
Lowe Weidman
Charley Robertson
Charles Roberts
Ryan Kerr
Jim See
David Freidenfelt
Robert Aiken
Dave` Weitz
Tom Hines
Allen Spiker
Bob Nugmanov
Ray Riganian

Just a week and half away!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can wear a shooting jacket. </div></div>

Should have to be worn both days, all stages-same way I feel about shooting mitts (but that's just me)

Can't make everyone happy. If you think it's that much of an advantage you can use one also.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can wear a shooting jacket. </div></div>

Should have to be worn both days, all stages-same way I feel about shooting mitts (but that's just me) </div></div>

Kurt,

Will you have steel on hand for purchase at the match or would it be a good idea to place an order ahead of time?

Thanks,
Joe M.

I'm going to try to have a few targets there to sell but if you know what you might want let me know and I will make sure I have it there ready for you. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gofaster23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kurt,

Will you have steel on hand for purchase at the match or would it be a good idea to place an order ahead of time?

Thanks,
Joe M. </div></div>

Shooters,
Desert Tactical Arms is donating some ammunition for a fun little side match and will give everyone the opportunity to try out the SRS. The side match will be ran during sight in on Friday. Looking forward to seeing you guys in less than a week! Thanks to DTA!

Ty

images.jpg

Some important info
Minimum Equipment Requirements:

I. Bolt Rifle (6mm to 30cal) (no magnums) with a speed limit of 3100 FPS.

II. Ammo – 80 rounds for each day’s COF. Bring 200 rounds total. NO FMJ, TRACERS, STEEL CORE, or ARMOR PIERCING bullets allowed.

III. Hearing protection, Eye Protection, and Empty Chamber Flags
(Electronic amplifying models strongly suggested i.e. Peltor TAC 6 or MSA)

IV. Tools to run your gun and optics.
(We want to minimize delays as much as possible)

V. Pack small snacks since there will not be a break. We will supply water on both ranges.

VI. Note taking gear.

VII. Some sort of pack to carry all your equipment/gear in.

VIII. Shooters can bring a rangefinder, however all distances will be given for the targets.

IX. Competitors must finish with the same rifle he or she started with at the beginning of the match on Saturday morning.

X. Pack wisely as it will not be very convenient to make multiple trips to your vehicle.

XI. If your rifle has a brake on it you MUST provide some type of debris control. Bring a mat or piece of carpet to put down in front of your rifle. Due to the dry dusty conditions you must have some method to reduce the amount of dust and debris thrown into the air. Not only for you, but the individuals laying next to you on the firing line.

Recommended Equipment:
I. Knee and elbow pads.
II. Binoculars or Laser Range Finder
III. Sun screen
IV. Good foot wear.
V. Dress for the weather. The weather for that weekend is extremely unpredictable. It can be sunny and 90 degrees or it could be 60 degrees and overcast.

Range Rules

I. Shooters and observers must attend a safety briefing each morning.

II. We run a COLD range. No loaded firearms off the firing line at any time.

III. Mandatory eye and ear protection on the firing line at all times.

IV. Maintain muzzle control at all times. Rifles will be slung muzzle up or down with empty chamber flags inserted. ALL magazines (even empty ones) must be removed from your rifle. Your muzzle will NOT cover any part of your body or anyone else’s body.

V. A negligent discharge (ND) of a firearm will result in immediate removal from the competition. The stage RO may call an ND using his own judgment. Example: If the competitor was clearly not engaging a target. ALL STAGES MUST START WITH AN OPEN BOLT!

VI. No person shall consume or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs during the match. Any person found to be impaired and unsafe as a result of legitimate prescription drugs may be directed to stop shooting and requested to leave the range.

VII. RO(s) are very reasonable & fair but their word is final. Don’t argue with them, contact Kurt or Roy if the problem cannot be resolved.

During competition

I. NO ONE will touch another’s competitor’s rifle or equipment without their permission. If someone is caught tampering with anyone else’s equipment that person will be asked to leave immediately.

II. FIRING BEFORE THE START SIGNAL is a NO GO. The competitor(s) will receive a 0 for the stage. NO EXCUSES. If you chose to fire because the competitor next to you fires before the start signal you will be penalized also. This will also be the competitor(s) only and last warning. If it happens again he or she will be asked to leave. We will re-do the stage for shooters that did not fire before the start signal.

III. Firing AFTER the CEASE FIRE signal is a NO GO. If your shot records on the timer as .25 secs past the buzzer the shot will not count. If the shot does not record, it will be up to the RO to make the decision.

IV. Bottom line is: NO CHEATING, NO GAMING, NO WHINING. Violation of any of the rules listed above could and may result in a 0 for the stage or removal from the competition. This is up to the discretion of the match directors and staff.

Scoring
In the event of a tie in overall score we will use the closest shot to center on the 100 yd cold bore. In the event of a tie on that stage we will use the score from the varying distance KYL.

Range 3:
Distances will be from 15 yds to 400yds. Targets will be a mix of paper and steel. You will be in the dirt for part of the COF, so come prepared.

Range 9:
Targets will be steel & paper, varying in distance from 15yds out to 700 yds. There is a concrete pad at the firing position but you may be in the dirt some at this range.

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but what time is check in and zeroing on Friday, and what time will we get started each day?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CTressler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but what time is check in and zeroing on Friday, and what time will we get started each day? </div></div>

Mandatory Competitor Check in on Friday Oct 26th
Saturday Oct 27th and Sunday Oct 28th
Sponsored by lvsteeltargets.com
Desert Sportsman’s Rifle & Pistol Club – http://www.dsrpc.net/
12201 West Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, Nevada

Welcome competitors,

We will have 2 days of shooting and our crew is ready to do our best to make sure everything is done in a timely manner so we meet our deadlines. What we will need from all competitors is your cooperation with being ready to shoot when it is your turn on the line.

Everyone will be assigned a squad and position number in which everyone will shoot in a specific order on every stage. This will help keep things organized and help us manage the match in the most proficient way possible. We will need everyone to be on time or early in the AM for check in and safety briefs. If you are not present during the safety brief you will not be allowed to shoot.

We thank you all in advance for your cooperation with this effort.

Schedule

Friday – Oct 26th

1000 – 1500 Competitors have access to range 3 (100yd) to check zero.
1000 – 1500 Competitor mandatory check in. If a competitor cannot make this period they must check in with the Match Director – Kurt Stone @ 702-332-2701 or the Assistant Match Director Roy Drew @ 702-768-5727 on this date.

Saturday – Oct 27th

0645 – 0715 Sign In/Shooter number assignment (please sign in upon arrival)
0730 – 0745 Shooter’s meeting and safety brief and split up into Alpha & Bravo squads.
0800 – First rounds go down range. We will push hard throughout the morning in an effort to finish in the early afternoon.
Competitors are released once their COF is complete. Report back on Sunday at 0700

Sunday – Oct 28th
0700 – 0730 Sign In (please sign in as soon as you get onsite)
0735 – 0745 Safety brief 0745 – 0800 Report to assigned range
0805 – Completion until the COF is complete
Noon (or 30 mins after final relay) Final Scoring and protest time
1230 – Lunch
1400-1500 Results and Prizes

Directions (use Google or Mapquest for directions)
Coming from the 215 beltway and Charleston Blvd.
Travel west on Charleston Blvd for approx 1.2 miles until the road narrows to 2 lanes
Look for the club entrance on the left hand side of the road
Once you enter the club driveway proceed at no more than 10 MPH till you reach the guard gate.
Inform the security guard that you are there for the rifle match.

I see that there is a 5 round max limit for magazines. Does this refer to mag capacity or just the number of rounds we stuff in?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see that there is a 5 round max limit for magazines. Does this refer to mag capacity or just the number of rounds we stuff in? </div></div>

We have relaxed our stance on that. Bring your 10 rounders!!

We will let you know on the stages that require a set number of rounds loaded per mag.

Yes<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you guys allowing semi auto's larger than 223? </div></div>

We have added two great sponsors for the match. Thank you guys!

NorCal.png

NewFrontier.jpg

We changed the rule on the 5 round limit. You will be able to use your higher capicaty mags on MOST stages.
Let me know if this is a problem for anyone.
Thanks
Kurt

Not me, I'm just a spotter... will have an assistant spotter as well!

Gettin ready to roll out of Maricopa Co. See you guys later this morning.

Awesome conditions and spirited shooters having a great day at Desert Sportsman's for the annual "Crap Shoot." Squads C and D drew the long distance phase today and will rotate tomorrow to the precision oriented "shorter" distances. May conditions hold as well.

DSCN1503.jpg

DSCN1501.jpg

DSCN1506.jpg

DSCN1508.jpg

So far it has been a good time. Day one down and one more to go.

It looks like you guys got some great weather for the match. Best of luck to all of you guys. I'll have to try to get in on this one next time around.

Couple more pics... Squad A and B for the group shot. Fortunately for all the weather held to a very decent set of conditions, and shooters once again enjoyed a superbly organized match. Well done to Kurt Stone, the "mover man, par 2" and all the help.
DSCN1510.jpg

DSCN1516.jpg

DSCN1515.jpg

REALLY hated to miss the match.
Hope you all had a great time launching bullets over the desert.

MV

Great pics Aron! Many thanks to the entire Vegas crew for hosting the match this weekend. Kurt & Roy, good job. As always, I had a lot of fun. Dane, way to kick some ass at the RO match! Congrats! Ty, thanks for giving me advice even if I didn't follow it. Always a pleasure to hang out with you guys. Simon, man... we're letting you plan eating adventures in Vegas from now on.

Congratulations to Matt, Charles, and Francis for their stellar shooting! I wasn't squadded with Charles, but I had the opportunity to watch Francis and Matt... I learn something new every time.

I was lucky (or gullible) enough to pull the Delta P Designs suppressor cert from the prize table for my husband who "really, really wanted one." Merry Christmas honey. Thank you for training me.
smile.gif
He picked up 3 boxes of Berger bullets for me. I've got some I've been wanting to try too!

Thank you guys once again. See some of you in February.

Great match guys. Everything was challenging yet doable if you we're on your game. Thanks so much to the RO's.....nobody had attitudes and all were professional.

To all the sponsors a big THANK YOU! We know the requests for donations are on the increase with the growing sport so your generosity does not go un-noticed. We all appreciate it and buy your products over others.

I had a great time with fantastic people ! Thank you all...

It was great seeing all the shooters that I have become friends with over the years. Thanks for coming. Everyone was great. You guys made our job a lot easier with your great sportsmanship and ZERO whining. Hope you guys and Gina had a great time and enjoyed the match.
Thanks a lot to everyone that helped with this match. There is no way Roy I would have even thought about doing this without all the great help. Roger, Werner, Dane, Joe and his dad, Simon Victor, Gary, Randy, Dave, Ty, Aron, Bruno, Mike. Who am I forgetting? I hope no one.
Also please call or email the sponsers and thank them. It goes a long way.
Thanks
Kurt
I almost forgot, Congrts to all the top shooters for the great shooting. You have great shooting skills.

All shooters had the opportunity to shoot the Desert Tactical Arms side match. Each shooter took three shots prone at 100 yards with a DTA SRS chambered in .308 Winchester topped with a March F 3-24 FFP courtesy of another match sponsor, Kelbly's. The ammunition used was Desert Tactical Munitions 175 grain OTM. All groups were measured from edge to edge and then .308" was subtracted. The objective was to shoot the tightest group, and shot placement had no bearing.

DSC_0011-1.jpg

32 shooters participated and the scores were very tight. The winner was very clear with a .092", but 2nd with a score of .192" all the way to half of the shooters at 16th with a score of .387" made it a very tight race!

DSC_0022.jpg

And congratulations to the winner, Allen Spiker who took home 100 rounds of Desert Tactical Munitions in 308 Winchester.

DSC_0029.jpg

Thanks to Desert Tactical Arms for the ammo, and to all the shooters who participated.

Ty

Another thanks to Byron of Delta P Designs who not only donated a 6.5 caliber suppressor to the match, but flew down from Oregon to allow the shooters to try out his unique can called the Brevis.
DSC_0026.jpg

The winner of the can was Regina Milkovich, who allowed her husband Tim to con her into grabbing it off the table for him(I need to get my wife shooting).

DSC_0034.jpg

What a great event! A big thank you to Kurt, Roy, Ty, Dane, Joe, Mike, Aaron, and all who had a hand in making this a successful match. Thanks to all the sponsors; <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline"> US Optics </span></span>, <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold"> Storm Tactical </span></span>, GAP, Delta P, Kelby, Berger, Sinclairs, etc. for all your contributions to our sport.

Had a great time hanging out with all the folks from Vegas, Cali, and NM. Top notch competitors all around.

Finally, biggest thanks go out to my teammates for their support, comraderie, and constant laughs. Good times!

See you all at the 2013 Az TPRC