• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2013 thunder valley precision shoot dates

Hello I was wondering if this was a range that we could join or just property for this shoot ? Sure looks like a nice place to shoot !

Hello I was wondering if this was a range that we could join or just property for this shoot ? Sure looks like a nice place to shoot !

You can join. Its just not a range that you can show up at anytime to shoot like others. You just need to watch the schedule.

We want to come down and shoot sometime we just need practice at longer distances.

There's usually stuff going on most weekends during the spring/summer but during the fall/winter the schedule gets spotty because of hunting season.

There are open range days where you can shoot from the benches, prone or try a of the first stages of the Head hunter and Intimidator courses of fire. Then there are days where you can shoot a course of fire. The open range days are good to get drop data for a new rifle (or one that hasn't been taken to longer ranges) and if you have good data you should probably try to shoot one of the matches for practice. You learn much more by shooting a match than by just shooting off the benches.

There's usually stuff going on most weekends during the spring/summer but during the fall/winter the schedule gets spotty because of hunting season.

There are open range days where you can shoot from the benches, prone or try a of the first stages of the Head hunter and Intimidator courses of fire. Then there are days where you can shoot a course of fire. The open range days are good to get drop data for a new rifle (or one that hasn't been taken to longer ranges) and if you have good data you should probably try to shoot one of the matches for practice. You learn much more by shooting a match than by just shooting off the benches.

Thanks for the info . My friends and I shot our first match this weekend and had a ball. All the ranges around here shut down for deer hunting too. We have a northern MI state land spot snowmobileblie trails run through there so spring and summer are it.
We watched some video of your shoots and it looks like a blast. I've have to watch your schedule .
Thanks Ed

Thanks for the info . My friends and I shot our first match this weekend and had a ball. All the ranges around here shut down for deer hunting too. We have a northern MI state land spot snowmobileblie trails run through there so spring and summer are it.
We watched some video of your shoots and it looks like a blast. I've have to watch your schedule .
Thanks Ed

No problem. you can find more info by looking through this thread or on the TVP website at thundervalleyprecision.com
just an fyi I am not the owner. Tom Sarver is. (created the thread). But yeah, I know a few people from Michigan go down to shoot at TVP it is a fantastic facility.
Just keep your eyes on schedule updates.

Want to shoot the headhunter on Saturday, do I need to sign up or just show up. What time and any driving directions avail? I will be coming from youngstown area.
Thanks, Mike

Want to shoot the headhunter on Saturday, do I need to sign up or just show up. What time and any driving directions avail? I will be coming from youngstown area.
Thanks, Mike
Just head down. It'll be 30 dollars to shoot, I usually showed up around 9 and I believe their website still has the gps coordinates on it.. I'll look for you real quick.

Yep

15786 TR.118
Kimbolton, Ohio 43749
GPS Coordinates: 40.17725 -81.717349

and bring extra ammo there always seems to be time at the end of the day
to shoot some more alot more

We will be down tomorrow for the headhunter. Looks like there might be a good turnout tomorrow.

I thought about coming today, would have been nice. I'm dealing with impending layoffs due to the shutdown, so I'm starting to hunker down for a while. I did go down to DC today to honor the WWII vets down there with the honor flights. Even got into the WWII memorial even though it was "closed".

Here are the results from the Head Hunter match today at TVP. It was foggy in the morning followed by wind and a downpour just before we started stage 2. We waited it out and then shot stage two. Though the weather was unstable with lots of changing winds and threats of rain we were able to complete the match. In fact, we finished just before a thunderstorm hit around 3 p.m. The conditions made for a challenging match which is reflected by the scores. The high scorers today were Jeff and Margaret who both shot a 13. Today was Jeff's first attempt at the Head Hunter. Nice job Jeff!

Tom is most likely going to schedule a match for next weekend. Stay tuned for more details about that match. Don't forget there is an open range day tomorrow starting at 10 a.m.

Here is the score sheet and a few pics from today.

IMG_8213-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

At least there's pictures of me one the one stage I shot well on haha. Great shooting with you guys. Hope to get back up soon

UPDATE: Saturday October 12th Intimidator match
Sunday October 13th Open Range Day

It was a great day for shooting the Intimidator course at TVP today. The wind was anywhere from 3 to 8 mph and was blowing out of the East, mostly right in your face for a majority of the targets. So that meant a day of trying to figure out if you needed right wind, left wind or no wind hold at all! The wind flags were being stubborn and would not tell anyone, anything today, so you really had to work hard to figure it out. A great day to learn conditions and sharpen your skills.
Congratulations to Bill for his personal best on the intimidator today with a 99.

I also scored my personal best today with a 125. Mrs Smith scored a 106 "shooting first" (SUCK IT! Roseberry)
Poor John.... always the wife's wind dummy ;-)

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

I also scored my personal best today with a 125. Mrs Smith scored a 106 "shooting first" (SUCK IT! Roseberry)

LMAO!! That is damn funny.
Good shooting John. Wish I could have been there today, but had to work. Windy or not what a beautiful day.
Jeff

Margret still has ya beat John :D

I'm keeping my weekends open for now. There may be a tactical long range match at Peacemaker on the 9th and there in a match in NC coming up too. The shutdown isn't helping either at the moment.

Last edited:
Mrs Smith you know you love me ;-). and I'm extremely jealous as I would love to shoot right now. Work has me going out of the state constantly right now including next weekend. I am praying for rain at my job site this coming weekend so maybe I will be able to break away and head to TVP if there is a match this coming weekend.

Thanks,
Merritt

There's the match at PNTC in WV near Martinsburg on the 9th. You folks that shoot at TVP should do well as the winds are tricky there too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yeah, I saw that. But Me and tacshooter are going to the Designated Marksman Match at Woody's on the 9th.

I already signed up sakobob, so yeah. Are you coming? I've shot at that range 4 times so I have a little local knowledge.

Yeah Woody's is the same weekend and I have been down there before. It's a good comp and good people. Have fun.

I already signed up sakobob, so yeah. Are you coming? I've shot at that range 4 times so I have a little local knowledge.

Yeah Woody's is the same weekend and I have been down there before. It's a good comp and good people. Have fun.

Will do, it seems like it'll be a good time. Really looking forward to it. You'll have to let me know how the PNTC match goes. I'm interested. Have a good time there.

Does anyone know if there is anything scheduled November 2nd or 3rd? I will be up that way taking Canton PD's civil service test and would love to shoot.

There will be an open range day This Saturday the 26th from the hours of 10am to 3pm.

Does anyone know if there is anything scheduled November 2nd or 3rd? I will be up that way taking Canton PD's civil service test and would love to shoot.

No word on November 2nd or 3rd, I will post here as soon as I hear anything. Good luck on the test.

Only about four people there Saturday along with a lot of wind.
You guys missed out on Wade taking his new muzzleloader out to 500 yds on the steel. Would have gotten to 600 but plate was down.

hey guys havent been on much or out much this year had another neck surgery at the end of june of this year but it was to take out some hardware this time and i think things are looking up. hopefully i will be coming out more from now on
oh hey here is my custom ruger no. 1 smokeless muzzleloader .45 caliber i need to bring it out and shoot it there

Yep true statement...Thanks for passing it on

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Open range days this weekend, Saturday and Sunday (11-16 & 11-17) 10am to 3pm both days.

Open Range Saturday November 30th from 10am - 3pm

50 & 100 yard zero backers up...... So bring your Shotguns, Muzzleloaders, and Pistols out to get ready for Deer season.

200-1000yd steel has been repaired/replaced so come on out and ring some steel...

Tom asked me to post that he will be having another open range day on December 14th and 15th, from 10am to 3pm for both days.

Edit "open range cancelled for the 14th and the 15th"

Last edited:
Tom has cancelled the open range day for the 14th and the 15th of December (this weekend) If you know of anyone heading down there this weekend give them a heads up in case they don't see this. The steel targets were never repaired and he is still working on them.

He said that he will have an open range day Saturday the 21st I would assume it would also be 10am to 3pm.