• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2014 GAP GRIND/BUSHNELL PRO/AM hosted by K&M PRT (29-31 August)

I finished prepping all my brass last night. Gonna start putting them together tonight. I'm glad I got that RCBS Chargemaster!

I loaded a month ago, which sucks because now that im chomping at the bit, there is nothing for me to do but practice dry firing.

I expect full and complete adherence to the "spirit" of the competition; meaning an Amateur is just that - a fellow that isnt accustomed to tactical match shooting, and has either never shot a match like this, or did but sucked ass at it because he was woefully unprepared.

Yes Sir,
That's me! But don't worry I am safe ;)

Started setting gear out tonight and making sure I have equipment prepared for the rain and night time cleaning

I had my 2 daughters help me reload. It was like a sweat shop assembly line. [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so ready for this that I've contemplated leaving today and driving really slow, just to feel like its that time already... My trigger finger is itching something fierce right about now....

I feel ya ranger. I should have my ammo finished up tonight, maybe tomorrow night as I don't get home 'til late. I find myself going back and reading through the first post just for fun! I think I'm just as excited about the tune up day and meeting new people as I am the competition.

zeroed the rifle& scope yesterday, grabbed some chrono data and shot it out to distance to match up my ColdBore with it...

10646923_10152708175407953_8526140476855679856_n.jpg

Initially I could not get the iPhone stuff to match up well, gonna see what happens with AB and my Kestrel, but ColdBore is spot on out of the gate so I have printed that data and moved the tracks to the cloud, so I am fine.

Will grab some hard data on Friday so I should be good, the Copper Creek 136gr Load is pretty good in the AX260 so I am not too worried about it. Should be fun.

zeroed the rifle& scope yesterday, grabbed some chrono data and shot it out to distance to match up my ColdBore with it...

10646923_10152708175407953_8526140476855679856_n.jpg

Initially I could not get the iPhone stuff to match up well, gonna see what happens with AB and my Kestrel, but ColdBore is spot on out of the gate so I have printed that data and moved the tracks to the cloud, so I am fine.

Will grab some hard data on Friday so I should be good, the Copper Creek 136gr Load is pretty good in the AX260 so I am not too worried about it. Should be fun.
Showoff... :p

Frank, everything about that picture makes me drool! The .260 AIAX, the Beast, the photography, the range... Great pic, thanks.

I'm about as ready as I'll be. Looking forward to this for sure.

Its cool that you can make it to the match. Hopefully you will be at the top of the amateur list... ;-)

Last edited:
I can't wait to get out there and have a blast! For any that are having any doubts or worried about other teams, trust me, you're going to have a great time!

This facility and those who put this all together are top notch! See y'all on Friday!!

Went by the dive shop this afternoon and picked up a snorkel and fins. George's new name is going to be Noah if the rain comes thru as forecast. 2 years in a row, really!??
Chicken

Went by the dive shop this afternoon and picked up a snorkel and fins. George's new name is going to be Noah if the rain comes thru as forecast. 2 years in a row, really!??
Chicken

Pythons like water.......

Chicken

I blame Mike Cage, the photographer. He was bitching at the PRC in May that it needed to rain, because it made the photos look more interesting.

Sent from the U.S.S. Sulaco

I might need to borrow my buddy's truck, if he'll let me. I don't know if a lowered GTO will like mud so much. I already got it stuck out there once. But that was mainly because I broke the first rule of DON'T USE GOOGLE MAPS!

The forecast looks pretty grim. Last year was down right miserable with rain...This year looks even more wet...If this keep up, next year I'm bringin' a kayak.

I'm sure it will still be a great match. At least I won't be wet eating dinner.

I'm tossing the Jon boat in the bed of the truck. 300 win mag is the caliber limit, but is there a boat motor hp limit?

Just a heads up I will be bringing down some of our badass AICS/AW Magazine holsters. Pricing on the holsters will be 25% off for guys/gals at the match. Typically these are first come first serve.

- Magazine Holsters

I've got room for a few pieces of steel in the car, if you need something hit me up early today. I'm packing everything in and leaving tonight. Looking forward to seeing you all at the match!

So I just noticed in the videos of K&M that it is a bolt back to move positions facility. Does anyone have any suggestions for a AR10 to help with the process?

So I will be able to load full mags and just ensure that the safety is on? Why the bolt back for bolt guns then? Thanks for the advice.

Safety to prevent nd. Bolt back is easier on bolt guns. Gassers move safety on.

Safety to prevent nd. Bolt back is easier on bolt guns. Gassers move safety on.

Ok thanks, I understood the ND issue. That makes sense in regards to easier to just leave the bolt open as well. I was sitting in the hotel tonight trying to figure out how I was going to work the ammo issue if I had to move positions with bolt back.