• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

**2014 JC Steel Target Challenge, Sponsored by Seekins Precision

JC Steel

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2008
Washington State
Click here to Register

REGISTER

JC Steel Targets Inc. is proud to have its 2nd annual JC Steel Target Challenge. Sponsored by Seekins Precision

The JC Steel Target Challenge will be a Non-Profit match, with all proceeds going to the at-risk youth on Jubilee Youth Ranch (jlacademy.org or jyranch.org) . We are really excited to offer a sweet match where the proceeds are going to a great cause. And we think you guys will really enjoy yourselves out here. You will get a lot for your entry fee.

The Match will be held on Jubilee Youth Ranch. So you will also get an opportunity to visit with some of our wonderful young men becoming leaders, and check out our campus where these guys live for an entire year trying to better their lives.

The match will be a pretty uptempo match, lots of shooting, and will be both Physically and Mentally demanding. Premium AR500 targets will be the target of choice. Most stages will have some sort of stress involved. Either timed or varying target sizes. There will be many different barricades and natural terrain to navigate though while shooting the match as well. Come prepared!
Shooters can expect ranges of 25 yards to 1200 yards. Many targets will be in the 200-800 range.

Calibers will be 300WM and under.
Round count will be +-200
Muzzle velocity at 3150FPS or under. We will check randomly!

You can shoot either your bolt rifle, or your semi-auto. Only allowed to carry one rifle during the match.

You will be required to carry all your gear with you all day. And there will be a hiking so pack accordingly.

---Pre-Match practice TUNE UP---Friday Feb 28th. 9AM-3PM. Cost--$250. Need a Min. of 8 to make this happen. Max. of 16 spots available for this.

This is a great opportunity to shoot on location here at Jubilee Youth Ranch. You will be able to engage targets from 100-1000 yards. You will not shoot any of the course of fire, but will be able to get familiar with the JC Steel Range. You will have access to some of our barricades, moving target systems, platforms, and lots of targets.

This Pre Match Practice tune up with also come with professional instructors (INTERNATIONAL SERVICE GROUP :: Home) to coach you through shooting movers, positions, barricades, and shoot-houses if wanted. If it will be worth it for sure, they are true professionals in every way with tons of experience. --http://intservgrp.com/--

SPONSORS

Please contact me about sponsoring the match. We would love to have you on board. Not only would you be helping the shooter, but it would greatly help out the youth ranch as well.

Sponsors really make everything happen, and competitors love a good prize table. Without you sponsors, we really could not do this. Please contact us if you are interested. Much appreciated!!

Date
This will be a two day match. Dates for the match will be March 1st and 2nd. With mandatory check in Friday the 28th of Feb.

We will also be having a Night Sponsor Demo Day on Friday night the 28th starting at O Dark 30.

Cost
$230
Includes Food, refreshments all weekend, shooters bags, and match T shirt.

Registration
Registration will start on December 16th at 10AM PST.

It will be a first come first serve registration. Max shooters will be 75 with 10 reserved for sponsors and special guests. Last year we filled up in one day, so when its time to register, be ready so your not left out.

It will all be on the jcsteeltargets.com website when the time comes. More info on that later.

Food
We are happy to say that we are providing the following meals. The students will be assisting will all meals.

Saturday-

Breakfast- French Toast, Sausage links, fruit, cereal, yogurt

Dinner-Baked Chicken Parmesan, Noodles, garlic bread, green-beans and ceasar salad

Sunday-

Breakfast-Meatlovers scramble and a side of fruit, cereal, yogurt

Dinner-Carne Asada and Pollo Asada with all the goodies you can imagine.

At least this is our plan. it will be great food, but dont hold us to it.

We will also be delivering snacks/drinks to you while shooting. This is a field match, so you will need the snacks to keep your energy level up.

Accommodations-

-You can bring a tent if you would like-BUT it is March and it might be mild weather. So take your chances there. Last year we had many campers.
-Campers and RV's are fine as well. We had lots of these last year from super doper 5th wheels to pop out tent trailers---We do not have hook ups, so it will be dry RVing only. After you get here on the ranch we can provide needed transportation to and from the shooting areas.

Hotels-

Red Lion-34 Miles away
2525 North 20th Avenue
Pasco WA
(509) 547-0701

Best Western-34 Miles away
2811 North 20th Avenue
Pasco WA
(509) 543-7722

La Quinta Inn-35 miles away
520 North 2nd Avenue
Walla Walla
(509) 525-2522

Holiday Inn Express-35 miles away
1433 West Pine Street
Walla Walla
(509) 525-6200

Airport-

-Tri-Cities international Airport. Pasco, WA

-Walla Walla regional airport. Walla Walla, Wa.

Thanks for looking, and we hope to see you here!!!

Jake Vibbert
JC Steel Targets
Jubilee Youth Ranch

Here are our sponsors from last year! We will contact them again and see what they think about donating something again this year.

2edpco1.jpg

Last edited:
This is an awesome match and worth the trek!

This looks like a lot of fun,... I'm gonna be giving you a call regarding some steel, Jake! I know I mentioned it a couple months ago, but I'm almost ready to pull the trigger shortly,... I might even come down to pick it up from you,... we'll see.

Ryan

Looks great! Hope to see you all again soon!

Me, Mike & Alan are there!

We RO'ed last year, the camping was fine, food was the greatest, shots are tough, wind sucks :) - looking forward to a great shoot Jake

Last edited:
I've been waiting and watching to hear this! Can't wait. Funny thing is, sign up will be on my birthday. Just want to say hi to the shooters in squad 1 from the first one and let you know I'll be ready this time! Dan

This looks like a lot of fun,... I'm gonna be giving you a call regarding some steel, Jake! I know I mentioned it a couple months ago, but I'm almost ready to pull the trigger shortly,... I might even come down to pick it up from you,... we'll see.

Ryan

Sounds good Ryan, just let me know, hope to have you out for the shoot!!

Bring on the wind!!
The Portland contingent is making plans to attend- likely staying at the Red Lion Pasco again....where the Karaoke is epic.
All of you staying in the TriCities should plan to take over this hotel and dominate the Karaoke...otherwise, the locals will repeat their inhumane sensory onslaught

So far, it looks like two of us from my department and three from my National Guard unit will be coming to shoot. This will be the first prescion rifle match for all of us. We are all looking forward to it!

UP Jake.
............................................................................................

JC Steel Targets Inc. is proud to have its 2nd annual <span style="font-weight: bold">JC Steel Target Challenge</span>. Sponsored by Seekins Precision

This match will be apart of the 2014 PRS Series.

The JC Steel Target Challenge will be a Non-Profit match, with all proceeds going to the at-risk youth on Jubilee Youth Ranch (jlacademy.org or jyranch.org) . We are really excited to offer a sweet match where the proceeds are going to a great cause. And we think you guys will really enjoy yourselves out here. You will get a lot for your entry fee.

The Match will be held on Jubilee Youth Ranch. So you will also get an opportunity to visit with some of our wonderful young men becoming leaders, and check out our campus where these guys live for an entire year trying to better their lives.

The match will be a pretty uptempo match, lots of shooting, and will be both Physically and Mentally demanding. Premium AR500 targets will be the target of choice. Most stages will have some sort of stress involved. Either timed or varying target sizes. There will be many different barricades and natural terrain to navigate though while shooting the match as well. Come prepared!
Shooters can expect ranges of 25 yards to 1200 yards. Many targets will be in the 200-800 range.

Calibers will be 300WM and under.
Round count will be +-200
Muzzle velocity at 3150FPS or under. We will check randomly!

You can shoot either your bolt rifle, or your semi-auto. Only allowed to carry one rifle during the match.

You will be required to carry all your gear with you all day. And there will be a hiking so pack accordingly.

---Pre-Match practice TUNE UP---Friday Feb 28th. 9AM-3PM. Cost--$250. Need a Min. of 8 to make this happen. Max. of 16 spots available for this.

This is a great opportunity to shoot on location here at Jubilee Youth Ranch. You will be able to engage targets from 100-1000 yards. You will not shoot any of the course of fire, but will be able to get familiar with the JC Steel Range. You will have access to some of our barricades, moving target systems, platforms, and lots of targets.

This Pre Match Practice tune up with also come with professional instructors (INTERNATIONAL SERVICE GROUP :: Home) to coach you through shooting movers, positions, barricades, and shoot-houses if wanted. If it will be worth it for sure, they are true professionals in every way with tons of experience. --http://intservgrp.com/--

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">SPONSORS</span></span>

Please contact me about sponsoring the match. We would love to have you on board. Not only would you be helping the shooter, but it would greatly help out the youth ranch as well.

Sponsors really make everything happen, and competitors love a good prize table. Without you sponsors, we really could not do this. Please contact us if you are interested. Much appreciated!!

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Date</span></span>
This will be a two day match. Dates for the match will be <span style="font-weight: bold">March 1st and 2nd. With mandatory check in Friday the 28th of Feb. </span>

We will also be having a Night Sponsor Demo Day on Friday night the 28th starting at O Dark 30.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Cost</span></span>
$230
Includes Food, refreshments all weekend, shooters bags, and match T shirt.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Registration</span></span>
Registration will start on December 16th at 10AM PST.

It will be a first come first serve registration. Max shooters will be 75 with 10 reserved for sponsors and special guests. Last year we filled up in one day, so when its time to register, be ready so your not left out.

It will all be on the jcsteeltargets.com website when the time comes. More info on that later.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Food</span></span>
We are happy to say that we are providing the following meals. The students will be assisting will all meals.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Saturday-</span>

Breakfast- French Toast, Sausage links, fruit, cereal, yogurt

Dinner-Baked Chicken Parmesan, Noodles, garlic bread, green-beans and ceasar salad

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Sunday-</span>

Breakfast-Meatlovers scramble and a side of fruit, cereal, yogurt

Dinner-Carne Asada and Pollo Asada with all the goodies you can imagine.

At least this is our plan. it will be great food, but dont hold us to it.

We will also be delivering snacks/drinks to you while shooting. This is a field match, so you will need the snacks to keep your energy level up.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Accommodations-</span></span>

-You can bring a tent if you would like-BUT it is March and it might be mild weather. So take your chances there. Last year we had many campers.
-Campers and RV's are fine as well. We had lots of these last year from super doper 5th wheels to pop out tent trailers---We do not have hook ups, so it will be dry RVing only. After you get here on the ranch we can provide needed transportation to and from the shooting areas.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Hotels-</span>

Red Lion-34 Miles away
2525 North 20th Avenue
Pasco WA
(509) 547-0701

Best Western-34 Miles away
2811 North 20th Avenue
Pasco WA
(509) 543-7722

La Quinta Inn-35 miles away
520 North 2nd Avenue
Walla Walla
(509) 525-2522

Holiday Inn Express-35 miles away
1433 West Pine Street
Walla Walla
(509) 525-6200

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Airport-
</span></span>

-Tri-Cities international Airport. Pasco, WA

-Walla Walla regional airport. Walla Walla, Wa.

Thanks for looking, and we hope to see you here!!!

Jake Vibbert
JC Steel Targets
Jubilee Youth Ranch

Here are our sponsors from last year! We will contact them again and see what they think about donating something again this year.

2edpco1.jpg

We are starting to talk with sponsors for this Non profit match! If you are one, we would love to partner with you to throw some stuff on the table or help out the match somehow.

Also, looking for ROs for the weekend. If you RO a year, you have the opportunity to get half off entry the next year. And of course food all weekend, shirts, pick from the prize table etc etc. let me know. I really need some good RO's! That's how a successful match happens.

We are going to lower the price of the practice tune up on Friday to $190 instead of $250. This will be a great opportunity to put rounds down range at our facility on movers, barricades, spinning targets, platforms Etc. Hope to see you here.

I think I'm officially in for the match? So I guess you better put me down for the practice tune up on 2/28. I need trigger time.

Here is a little shoot house we are working on for the 2014 match

WELDING MY FRAME TOGETHER OUT OF STEEL TUBE

2edb80n.jpg

ALL WELDED, AND PAINTED BLACK

sqm3o9.jpg

GOT 1/4" STEEL TABS TO BOLT WOOD TO

574as.jpg

LOOKING AT THE BACK OF THE SHOOTHOUSE, FIRST LEVEL IS 12 FEET LONG, 4 FEET DEEP, SECOND PLATFORM IS 6 FEET LONG, 4 FEET DEEP

jzxa9.jpg

THIS IS THE FRONT, IT IS NOW ALL COMPLETELY COVERED

2d27pu9.jpg

THIS PICTURE GIVES YOU AND IDEA OF THE FIRST AND SECOND LEVELS

ALSO YOU CAN SEE THAT BELOW THE FIRST PLATFORM, THERE IS A SWEET SPOT TO CREATE A (DOGHOUSE) LIKE SHOOTING AREA, OR ANYTHING REALLY
2a6jggz.jpg

Excellent, now suspend that thing from ropes or springs and add a few woodpeckers and we'll be good to go!

Hah! You should add a couple of bludgeons and punch-outs ala "WIPEOUT",... Oh, and you can't forget the moat for shooters to fall into,... If you get Jill Wagner there, I am SOOO going to RO that stage,... I might even sponser it :)

Ry

PS - ain't she the sweetest?
View attachment 17895

Just another little reminder that I am in need of some RO's for our spring event, March 1st and 2nd.

It will get you food all weekend, pick off the prize table, and a couple shirts, a day to pre shoot the COF free, and will get you 50% off the following years match entry fee. PLEASE!!!! LOL

Jake...I will spread the word wirh the Rattlesnake folks. Might be able to drum up some support there. -Clint

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just to get an idea of how many might be interested, I am thinking of opening up our Zip LIne on Friday before the match. 2600 foot zip line, second longest in the US, 45 mile an hour at 200 foot above the ground.

Anyone???

Just to get an idea of how many might be interested, I am thinking of opening up our Zip LIne on Friday before the match. 2600 foot zip line, second longest in the US, 45 mile an hour at 200 foot above the ground.

Anyone???

The question is, can we shot from it? :)

I'd do it! Heck yeah!!

Anyone???

Alright guys, I will add it to the sign up. Should be fun

Sorry, it is right over campus of the youth ranch, and shooting from it would be a no go

Please tell me you are going to forgo the helicopter stage this year... :)

What was wrong with the helicopter stage? Sounds like alot of fun to me...

Jake can you please outline the RO dates/times ect ect. I would love to shoot again but if you need RO's I would like to help you make it happen.

Thanks

Jake...email sent to all the Rattlesnake High Power shooters with your contact info so hopefully you will receive some calls in regards to ROs. Let me know if I can help any other way.

Clint

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jake can you please outline the RO dates/times ect ect. I would love to shoot again but if you need RO's I would like to help you make it happen.

Thanks

either way brother!!
Friday, the RO'S will have another chance to shoot as well. Movers, mile targets, etc etc.....

Just a reminder that registration is THIS COMING Monday at 10AM PST. If you are serious about getting into the match, Please try to be on your computer at 10AM. The shopping cart will automatically go live right at 10AM.

I would love to have every one of you guys and gals shooting it. But we can only take 90 shooters. If you have any questions or comments, please hit me up.

Thanks a ton for all your support!

FWIW their is some other events going on in Jakes neck of the woods so hotels are filling up fast....

I am having trouble completing my order. The website says "processing the credit card failed", is anyone else having trouble?