• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 2017 sig tango6 line

Well, I received my Athlon Cronus BTR today and looks like I got a lemon. The illumination of the reticle is bad. It's off center and looks like it's being projected on another plane. I will call Athlon tomorrow and hopefully it will be an easy replacement. What I can comment about in comparison to my Tango 6, is that although the turrets don't lock, they have a better click and feel than the Gen1 Tango 6. The reticle on the Sig is thicker than the Athlon but the illumination is outstanding. I can't comment on the glass comparison yet since the issue with the Athlon made a not so happy camper.
I'll update whenever I get resolution from Athlon.

Just bought a new 5-30 last night Dev-L milrad last night. I plan on shooting it fully in the next few weeks as well as looking through the glass of my other rifles to see how it compares. I think the scope and new features are neat. The salesman said his only real negative that he has heard is the re-settling of the elevation cover when you push it back down. People have reported that it doesn't like to close easily. Hopefully ill enjoy it when I get and I'll try and let you guys know what I feel about it.

Their website is atrocious for finding any info on their scopes.

Agreed. The most frustrating thing is there is NO information for the reticle subtensions to be found anywhere. The rest of the info is hard to find but available.

Anyone have any information on these? I see they added a 4-24x50 and have the levelplex and Dev-l reticles in it and the 3-18. They don't have much on their web site no demensions or weight listed.

Here are the specs from the 2017 Sig Sauer Catalog...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/wy4uMFZ.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
Their website is atrocious for finding any info on their scopes.

Agreed. The most frustrating thing is there is NO information for the reticle subtensions to be found anywhere. The rest of the info is hard to find but available.

On the bottom of page 21 in the Tango6 manual, it says "Go to sigoptics.com for detailed information on reticle subtensions." Only one problem: THERE IS NO SIGOPTICS.COM WEBSITE!!!

Now If that isn't bad enough, the manual that came with my new 2nd generation Sig Tango6 5-30x56 (SOT65014) is obsolete. It doesn't provide any instructions on the LevelPlex anti-cant system nor does it have any info on the my scope's DEV-L MRAD reticle. Sig should be ashamed.

Totally agree, their website is horrible. The only detailed information is in the catalog and even that is suspect. Look at the 4-24x50 chart posted above. First, it's missing the "mm" like the others, and on the MRAD DEV-L Illuminated the ADJ. column has .25 MOA! Did anyone at Sig Proof read? As huge as Sig Sauer is, they are shooting themselves in the foot. They have an opportunity to get in the optics game and their first try was pretty good. They have the skill and money to really make a top notch product and it seems they don't care because they certainly don't market their scopes, they are hard to find in any store and their website is horrendous.

Hey Sig, if you're reading this you should get your act together because there is a ton of business to be had if you made an effort.

Is anyone running the Gen 2 5-30x56 tango 6? I what are you finding? Good or Bad I would like to know. I am looking at one for a up coming class.

Is anyone running the Gen 2 5-30x56 tango 6? I what are you finding? Good or Bad I would like to know. I am looking at one for a up coming class.

Check out Frank's comments on the first page of this thread, I think he sums it up pretty well.

I am very interested in this scope. I liked the one I saw in the store but have no real world experience with it. Does anyone have any experience with the Tango6 5-30 against the Vortex HD Gen II 4.5-27? The Gen II seems like it is built like a tank and has a great warranty. What about the Tango6? Any noticeable differences in glass quality? I am looking at a FFP with mil reticle.

Quick update. This morning, the LevelPlex anti-cant system on my Sig Tango6 5-30x56 (SOT65014) decided to shift off axis by 30 deg. At first, I thought it might be the battery so I swapped it for a new one and still, off by 30 deg. I called Sig and spoke with customer service and they sent me a prepaid shipping label to send the scope in for service. I asked what the turnaround time is and was told 6 weeks. Bummer.

Just bought a new 5-30 last night Dev-L milrad last night. I plan on shooting it fully in the next few weeks as well as looking through the glass of my other rifles to see how it compares. I think the scope and new features are neat. The salesman said his only real negative that he has heard is the re-settling of the elevation cover when you push it back down. People have reported that it doesn't like to close easily. Hopefully ill enjoy it when I get and I'll try and let you guys know what I feel about it.

So two range trips with the Sig Tango 6 Dev-L Mrad so far:

Yesterday took out 3 rifles, NF ATACR H59, USO ER25, Sig T6. The mirage was heavy at a 1000m yesterday but the sig and the NF both looked pretty good. Not much to report so far but currently I am liking it. Will update further when i get more time in.

Also purchased partially due to the Levelplex being a cool idea, hate it. It is just always bouncing from the left to the right side indicator. Seems extremely sensitive, my bubble level has a comfort zone and the T6 seems to have to be at one specific spot or itll alarm. When it indicates you cant tell how far its off unless im missing something. Long story short, i shut it off and use a bubble.

edit: When i first received it the turrets were extremely tight! But no the turrets feel good, the clicks feel good, but i can confirm that the turrets do not like to shut after dialing unless you wiggle it while pushing down.

Last edited:
Anybody know if the tango 6 1-6 sfp mil reticle suffers the same low illumination as the ffp model? A picture would be awesome. Hoping for a daylight bright response. But not holding my breath.

I can't speak for the 1-6 but the Tango 4 4-16, Tango 4 1-4, and the Tango 6 5-30 are definitely daylight bright so I can only assume.....