• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2017 whitetail

NRF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2010
CORNHUSKER
Finally got time to post up my 2017 rifle buck. He jumped the string on me 2 weeks earlier, you can see where my rage exited right above the blood spot
A36B079C-FEFF-425E-9B2F-E742DED7B258.jpeg
75F350C0-2F92-466B-AD11-C6D42976059B.jpeg

Nice buck and congratulations.What state are you hunting in?

Thank you! I’m in eastern Nebraska . I manage and hunt 10,000 acres, my goal is a 4 year old or 160 minimum only.

Im from Texas and your deer looks healthy, whats the average weight up there ?I have never hunted Nebraska been through there alot over the years realy like the Valentine area , but thats more NW. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Reactions: Wingnut00
Im from Texas and your deer looks healthy, whats the average weight up there ?I have never hunted Nebraska been through there alot over the years realy like the Valentine area , but thats more NW. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Hey. I'm from Valentine! Awesome fuckin country. Grew up ranchin there.

My average whitetail weight on 4-6 year olds is averaged at 250 lbs ! I feed mineral supplements year round in feeders and ground lick sites. Plus tons of forage with food plots all year long, some annual some perennials.

That is some pretty impressive weight, most of the Texas deer run from 70-150, not big bodies just good racks..lol

Stud of a buck man. Same thing happened to me several years ago. Had one jump the string shot him high, back on camera a few weeks later and got him during muzzleloader season.