• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 2018 - Year of the Ultra Shorts

^^^ Couple things Falar. I believe it was Jason from Eurooptic who shared the disappointing news that the LRR-Mil will not be made available in the US 3-20, one would hope the MSR2 will make its way there, but there appears to be no time table for when that might occur. Also, Nightforce just released their ATACR F1 4-16x50 scope, that's right, it is a FFP 50mm version of their F1 4-16x42 so those looking for more light gathering ability will be thrilled. Another Short scope I've been impressed with is the Tract Toric 4-20x50 which for me is the mag range that most intrigues me and for the price it's hard to beat with its impressive IQ even at 20x. Regarding my evaluation of the Ultra Short 3-20 vs. the Ultra Short 5-20 please understand it is my opinion when I don't have both scopes side by side, take it with a grain of salt and also consider quality variability, what I mean by that is it's hard to judge a good (or bad) scope based on an experience with one unique scope, what if you did get a bum scope that made it through QA from the manufacturer. I'm sure you've read some of the same threads of guys who bought multiple versions of the same scope only to find one didn't quite compare so they sent it back to be fixed. I just don't have the money to buy multiple samples of the same scope just to see how well they might compare.

I saw that about the 50mm 4-16 unfortunately they chose to go with the same "tall" turret as the SFP 4-16x50 instead of the low profile unit from the 42mm F1.