Yeah, my thoughts on gear for review immediately went to the 4 DOF Kestrel as well. Maybe then you can talk toward alternative tactical clothes like Varusteleka, and like you mentioned in the pod cast, the short length of pull McMillan Stock. Including shorter stature shooters in gear design is new and innovative, I would say.
Not the most exciting year, but a few things I consider worth noting...
1. ZCO - Amazing eye box, enough said!!
2. Sig 3000BDX - affordable top teir (vs gold standard OG terrapin) range finder and decent bino's in one package
3. Tikka T1x - base class prices yet still good quality NRL22 options as popularity continues to rise
4. Weight systems - not my cup of tea, but gaming weight systems continued to be all the rage this year
5. Factory ammo with top tier brass - Berger/Lapua and Prime/peterson continue to raise the bar for quality of components in factory ammo yet prices remain reasonable. Hell the overall quality of current factory ammo has been on the rise in general.
Kestrel models (4DOF, RPR etc)
US made Prime Ammo (not new but seems to be improved)
Barreled actions (seem to be quite popular this year)
APO SH rifle
300 PRC from Hornady