• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2019 Gear In Review

b6graham

MMPRL
Minuteman
  • Jul 29, 2014
    Colorado
    My thoughts

Bighorn Origin Long Action, shipping immediately
    Kestrel with Hornady 4DOF
    Git-lite fill

Yeah, my thoughts on gear for review immediately went to the 4 DOF Kestrel as well. Maybe then you can talk toward alternative tactical clothes like Varusteleka, and like you mentioned in the pod cast, the short length of pull McMillan Stock. Including shorter stature shooters in gear design is new and innovative, I would say.

@lowlight , couple suggestions

Kestrel HUD
    Kestrel with 4DOF
    Possible that new device by gunwerks could qualify
    @THEIS rifles
    The MDT chassis with the weight system
    Thunderbeast bipod

All in all it was a pretty vanilla year but that’s not a bad thing. It means precision rifle doesn’t get the gay ass gimmicky shit the ARs get.

Not the most exciting year, but a few things I consider worth noting...

1. ZCO - Amazing eye box, enough said!!
    2. Sig 3000BDX - affordable top teir (vs gold standard OG terrapin) range finder and decent bino's in one package
    3. Tikka T1x - base class prices yet still good quality NRL22 options as popularity continues to rise
    4. Weight systems - not my cup of tea, but gaming weight systems continued to be all the rage this year
    5. Factory ammo with top tier brass - Berger/Lapua and Prime/peterson continue to raise the bar for quality of components in factory ammo yet prices remain reasonable. Hell the overall quality of current factory ammo has been on the rise in general.

Reactions: BallisticPrimate
    Agree on the MDT ACC Chassis with the more modular weight system vs something like the MPA even though it officially came out in 2018, but it seems to have really taken off this year.

Here’s my take:

Nightforce NX8s
    TBAC bipod
    Kestrel models (4DOF, RPR etc)
    Berger Ammo
    US made Prime Ammo (not new but seems to be improved)
    Barreled actions (seem to be quite popular this year)
    APO SH rifle
    300 PRC from Hornady
    AI PSR

@lowlight I’m assuming this is for things that either came out or got popular this year. So, my suggestions:

Gray Ops plates. While some may not agree with them, they are literally everywhere right now.

Waxed Canvas Mini Fortune cookie. Similar to pint sized game changer, but with the non “flat” top that some prefer of the fortune cookie. (Combined with gamer plate, it’s nuts).

Berger factory ammo. Holy shit. Berger bullet and lapua brass for under $1.40/rnd

Mcmillan A10

MPA matrix chassis

AB personal curves

TBAC bipod