• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2020 Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals

Got my Ckye pod today and couldn’t be happier! Looks like a brand new Gen 2

Thank you @Mdt you guys went above and beyond 😎👍

• Love
Reactions: MDT_Josh
OK folks, here's the skinny:

I consolidated everything on sale into a single category on our website so it's super easy to navigate.

The prices for everything in that category are marked down currently. If you're using the following code it will give you an additional 10% off at checkout. The sale is currently live!

Brakes are on a RIDICULOUS deal. If you use the code a Jetblast is $99 on sale, add the code and you're looking at a Jetblast for under 90 bucks. These aren't blems, we just made a massive batch of them for an OEM client and I need to get the overstock gone.

Thanksgiving2020!

We will NOT be honoring 3 day rush fees with this sale. I just don't see it being a valid capability.

Furthermore I added a new product to the website, this was the big announcement I was talking about with @BLKWLFK9 on the Just F'n Send it podcast the other night.

We are offering a barrel nut prefit option now that is much more affordable. These are no different in quality from the other barrel nut and shouldered prefits. We're using the same Rock Creek barrel blanks.

They are only available in button blanks. They're all lapped, dialed in at both ends, etc. I won't make a barrel without dialing it in, my conscience just won't let me do it.

But, the SKU's are limited to a few options which is how we can offer such a crazy price on them.

223, 6 and 6.5 creed
3 lengths
3 contours

There is no customization offered and they ship fast, we're aiming for 1 week once everything is up and running at normal speed. There are 50 barrels a month available, no backorders.

Let's finish off 2020 with a bang and blow this sale to pieces!

View attachment 7477360

And finally:

Our prices have been pretty fixed for several years. It is with disappointment that I must announce that on January 1st the cost of our barrels is going to increase approximately $35 across the board to cover the increased costs of production. We do not currently foresee a price increase on bullets happening before April 2021 but the copper and overall metals commodities markets have gone up substantially in the past few months and we have to react to it.
There is any update regarding the pre fit barrel orders?

There is any update regarding the pre fit barrel orders?
We are cutting them and shipping them in batches based on caliber.

They are all being cut, all orders have a barrel pulled for them and all have been contoured.

About 65% are finished and shipped. I plan to have the rest done by first week of February. About 11-14 a day are shipping currently.

I do not offer forum based status updates on single orders.

They sure did do us right! My standard one should be here today. Waiting on the triple pull to ship. They sure made up for the black friday site crashes.
Thanks MDT

Reactions: MDT_Josh and MC56
They were worth the wait. I could swear it was a Gen2 if my packing slip didn't say otherwise. MDT did right by their customers.
Post a picture of it. Does it have the tool less tension knob?

Attachments

• 20210112_141917.jpg
    20210112_141917.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Love
Reactions: louu and BOISCOID
Yeah you got a Gen 2. I got a Gen one and everyone was right, it's kinda sloppy

Not sure, they had said they were installing newer parts on the remaining gen1s and going over all the QC. There's some play in the legs but I doubt it'll be an issue when the rifle is shouldered.

Reactions: louu
Gen 2 has a switch to lockout the pan feature and a knob to adjust tilt tension.

Yeah you got a Gen 2. I got a Gen one and everyone was right, it's kinda sloppy

Not sure, they had said they were installing newer parts on the remaining gen1s and going over all the QC. There's some play in the legs but I doubt it'll be an issue when the rifle is shouldered.

I got my Ckye Pod a couple weeks ago, I was shocked at how "sloppy" it was; the legs have upwards of 1 inch of play/movement while locked... I was aware that I should expect some play (I've read plenty of threads on it, including this dumpster fire from this summer), but I didn't think it would be this loose. I reached out to MDT thinking it was a defective unit (with a video to demonstrate), but they confirmed that my Ckye Pod is within their acceptable tolerances for a factor second. While some people are receiving Gen1s with Gen2 parts (or just new Gen2s?), people could receive a unit that is a customer return from an earlier production run (I have to assume that's what I got).

Just to be clear, I'm not knocking MDT for their customer service, they offered to give me a refund for the unit after confirming it was within their acceptable tolerances for a factory second even though their policy states that factory seconds are a final sale. I do appreciate their offer, but I'm not looking to take advantage of their customer service.

And for all the trolls out there saying "what did you expect when you bought a factory second?!" - yes, it is a factory second, but MDT is still putting their name on it and it was still $385 (30% discount on original price). MDT has a reputation for quality, so I had higher expectations, even for a factory second.

Last edited:
I got my Ckye Pod a couple weeks ago, I was shocked at how "sloppy" it was; the legs have upwards of 1 inch of play/movement while locked... I was aware that I should expect some play (I've read plenty of threads on it, including this dumpster fire from this summer), but I didn't think it would be this loose. I reached out to MDT thinking it was a defective unit (with a video to demonstrate), but they confirmed that my Ckye Pod is within their acceptable tolerances for a factor second. While some people are receiving Gen1s with Gen2 parts (or just new Gen2s?), people could receive a unit that is a customer return from an earlier production run (I have to assume that's what I got).

Just to be clear, I'm not knocking MDT for their customer service, they offered to give me a refund for the unit after confirming it was within their acceptable tolerances for a factory second even though their policy states that factory seconds are a final sale. I do appreciate their offer, but I'm not looking to take advantage of their customer service.

And for all the trolls out there saying "what did you expect when you bought a factory second?!" - yes, it is a factory second, but MDT is still putting their name on it and it was still $385 (30% discount on original price). MDT has a reputation for quality, so I had higher expectations, even for a factory second.

"The legs have upwards of 1 inch of play/movement while locked..."

Just curious, how are you measuring this? Like the ends of the legs will wobble 1" back and forth, front to back, when extended?

what do you mean slop? Like the legs flex when extended?

Not necessarily flex, more like wobble from having looser fitting parts.

"The legs have upwards of 1 inch of play/movement while locked..."

Just curious, how are you measuring this? Like the ends of the legs will wobble 1" back and forth, front to back, when extended?

Wobble is a good way to put it. I'm measuring at the feet of the bipod. There is definitely more wobble front-to-back than there is side-to-side. Maybe I'm being too nit picky, idk. It just feels a lot looser than my friend's ckye pod (also Black Friday purchase).

Here is a video with the legs partially extended.

Last edited:
Not necessarily flex, more like wobble from having looser fitting parts.

Wobble is a good way to put it. I'm measuring at the feet of the bipod. There is definitely more wobble front-to-back than there is side-to-side. Maybe I'm being too nit picky, idk. It just feels a lot looser than my friend's ckye pod (also Black Friday purchase).

Here is a video with the legs partially deployed.

Mine has some wobble but not as much as that.

Reactions: Raptor005
Mine has some wobble but not as much as that.

Yea, the way MDT described it, it sounds like these factory seconds have a wider range of tolerances. Im guessing I just got one of the looser ones. It does function fine, and I'm sure it will be fine in the field (MDT is confident it will be, so I trust them). I'm just worried that the legs could "wobble" out of position under recoil unless the spikes are dug into the ground (and the Ckye Pod isn't designed for prone shooting).

Yea, the way MDT described it, it sounds like these factory seconds have a wider range of tolerances. Im guessing I just got one of the looser ones. It does function fine, and I'm sure it will be fine in the field (MDT is confident it will be, so I trust them). I'm just worried that the legs could "wobble" out of position under recoil unless the spikes are dug into the ground (and the Ckye Pod isn't designed for prone shooting).
What do you mean it isn't designed for prone shooting?

What do you mean it isn't designed for prone shooting?

I should clarify, the design of the Ckye Pod wasn't focused on making the most stable bipod for prone shooting, it's designed for awkward, unusual, and improvised shooting position, hence the versatility (different angles, widths, lengths, even triple pull legs). The versatility and quick adjustments is where this bipod shines over others.

Plenty of people have proven it is more than capable for prone shooting, but its not the reason people pay a premium for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: louu
does it wobble the same when they are deployed?
some play is ok to me as it allows the rifle to rock back with the recoil, as long as it only wobbles straight back and forth.

does it wobble the same when they are deployed?
some play is ok to me as it allows the rifle to rock back with the recoil, as long as it only wobbles straight back and forth.

I haven't tested it out in the field yet, but I should be able to get out to the range this weekend and see how it performs. I agree that some play is fine given the versatility and ease of use, especially if it's straight back and forth. This just seems like a lot, especially compared to my Atlas PSR and Warne Skyline, which have little to no play/wobble.

Reactions: theLBC
I haven't tested it out in the field yet, but I should be able to get out to the range this weekend and see how it performs. I agree that some play is fine given the versatility and ease of use, especially if it's straight back and forth. This just seems like a lot, especially compared to my Atlas PSR and Warne Skyline, which have little to no play/wobble.
i just got an atlas cal, which has more play than my accu-tac, and i put cleated feet on it, which has a ball joint...
but once the legs are splayed out, it only moves back and forth,

Guys, I just wanted to take a second and thank you for all the sale items. I meant to write this earlier but have been slammed. Anyways, I got my Bipod many weeks back and I got to say I’m super impressed. I mean I’m familiar with the the bipods but mine looks brand spanking new. Certainly didn’t come across as a blemish to me. I’ll gladly buy more blemished items again next time! Thanks again. It was worth the wait!

PS Mine does not have any new parts and does have some wobble but a little play is good. I don’t care for my pod to be rock solid. If you’ve ever used a TRG bipod then you know. As far as I’m concerned the TRG bipod was an awesome design except for one flaw. There is no way to tension the slop. Like it’s great when you load the bipod as intended but as soon as you let off and loading the rifle flops like a fish. I decided to sell mine and move onto some others long ago but wish I hadn’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: MDT_Josh