• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Fufillment

Got my Black Friday blem Ckyepod 😊. Gen 1.1 they call it? Sure looks like a Gen 2 though compared to my buddy’s gen 1. How can i tell if i got a 1.1 or lucked out and got a gen2?
Probably because its a gen2. The ones from Black Friday are just discounted gen1s. Got a picture?

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Probably because its a gen2. The ones from Black Friday are just discounted gen1s. Got a picture?

Heres’s the difference i noticed from my buddy’s gen 1. I havent held a gen2 in my hands so cant compare to it. I ordered and paid for a gen 1 blem

Attachments

• 7241BC13-C008-418A-85DD-E4EC14261223.jpeg
    7241BC13-C008-418A-85DD-E4EC14261223.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 447802DE-80B3-42C7-84D6-5BCC8B1A94B9.jpeg
    447802DE-80B3-42C7-84D6-5BCC8B1A94B9.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 77
If thats what you got, I'm excited to see what they sent me. Seems like you have a gen 2 but with an old style cant lever adjuster. Id take that since you can lock out pan and get more stability.

If thats what you got, I'm excited to see what they sent me. Seems like you have a gen 2 but with an old style cant lever adjuster. Id take that since you can lock out pan and get more stability.
Thats actually the Short Action Precision cant lock. I bought it before the ckyepod arrived knowing most everyone replaces the stock cant lock. It came with the large metal knurled knob thats actually quite good

Wait so your telling me that you ordered a gen1 blem on black friday and they sent you a gen2.
I hope my order turns out like yours.

like many others who purchased from MDT, i got home from the family property today to an MDT Christmas card, right in time for Orthodox Christmas. thank you and much appreciated MDT! :D

It’s almost Jan 11 can’t wait for my ckye pod to get here!!! 🤩🤩🤩

To clarify, that is a Gen 1.5 ;) You have the Gen1 legs, wings and hub but the locking pan feature off of the Gen 2!

Josh
Quick question. Are the locking points at fuly collapsed on the tripple pull supposed to be uneven. Like one lock slot is milled in the leg ~1/8 or a bit more lower than the other leg

To clarify, that is a Gen 1.5 ;) You have the Gen1 legs, wings and hub but the locking pan feature off of the Gen 2!

Josh
Josh,

got an idea on when all of the gen 1.5s from the Black Friday blew sale will be shipped? Thanks!

Quick question. Are the locking points at fuly collapsed on the tripple pull supposed to be uneven. Like one lock slot is milled in the leg ~1/8 or a bit more lower than the other leg
Good question, and no, they should be the same height. Contact customer support and let them know if it is a big concern, however, these are blem products, so there is most likely not much we can do for you unfortunately. In saying this, none of this should affect function!
Josh,

got an idea on when all of the gen 1.5s from the Black Friday blew sale will be shipped? Thanks!
I have no idea unfortunately, however, we are shipping a whole bunch of them out on the daily and testing them before they go out (even on weekend days), so yours should be in the mail really soon!!

Josh

Reactions: BOISCOID
Mine came in as well. A double. No big knurled cant knob, but it does have the pan lock. I can't find a blemish either. Thanks @MDT_Josh

Last edited:
So got my gen 1.5. Does anyone know how to adjust the detent pin to be less stiff to lock and unlock panning? Mine is currently ungodly tight to manipulate.

Someone who knows more can probably weigh in here but I messed with the set screw immediately “above” the detent pin. It seemed to help.
I messed with that but that screw sets tension for panning and to be able to lock and unlock the Detent on mine the panning tension becomes nonexistent.

That’s my guess as well but I’m only comfortable playing with what I’ve seen videos on from MDT. Shot them an email and will post their answer here.

So got my gen 1.5. Does anyone know how to adjust the detent pin to be less stiff to lock and unlock panning? Mine is currently ungodly tight to manipulate.
Mine is the same as well. I had to use a flat screwdriver to get it loose. Minor issue though, ive never used pan in a match. Prefer it locked

Reactions: BOISCOID
1610996480772.png

This little set screw is what is holding the tensioning spring on the detent in place. If you back it out a little bit with 3/32 allen key, then that should make it a little easier to manipulate. We ship them tight and with loctite to ensure that nothing backs off during shipping and handling :)

Josh

I ordered one on black Friday and received it about two weeks ago and it is just a Gen 1... No up-grades. I think its poor that some got more then others for the same price. Well I'll keep that in mine.

Really people? You got a 30-40% discount on one and you got exactly what you paid for and then turn around and complain...but his is nice and got upgrades mine didn't. If you wanted a gwn 2 you should maybe have bought one then. Do you think it's bullshit that you buy a lottery ticket and someone else wins? No your accept that's what you paid for. Same goes with this. You paid for a gen 1 refurb and that's what you got. Entitlement at its finest.

MDT has always treated me super well and I even won their photo contest a while back (first time EVER winning something like that!).

I can only imagine what a nightmare it was dealing with that level of website traffic and order velocity combined with being so active in responding to customers on multiple platforms, especially so when coupled with dealing with customs / shipping delays / covid.

The fact that they honored their commitment to their customers who ordered blems and are shipping fully functional product is a testament to their dedication and made me a loyal customer. I haven't sprung for a Ckye Pod yet but I look forward to buying it from MDT.

To follow up from a month ago... I got my remaining Black Friday mag today!! Big thumbs up!! Thanks MDT for great sale opportunity!!!
Brien