• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2020 Precision Rifle Expo

CaptNemo

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2009
    Southern Alabama
    I was waiting to see what the end of the quarantine was going to look like as far as PRE for 2020, so I bought tickets today for Catie Anne and I.

Anyone else making plans for Georgia in September ? - the 26th and 27th to be precise.

Am seriously thinking about going. Would be cool for a group get together while there.

I assume we can carry at the venue? I should be covered by LEOSA for CCW permitting.

I might need to call. Surely you can CC a pistol. I figured the range statement meant long guns.

Kind of the way i was taking it as well. I will be over there in a couple of weeks. Will try to remember to ask and reply back

Reactions: PBWalsh
    From their website: At the Precision Rifle Expo, there will not be personal firearms allowed on the ranges.
    I might need to call. Surely you can CC a pistol. I figured the range statement meant long guns.

You should be good to CCW. Many people did last year. Also if AB is gonna be there. You might wanna bring your rifle and your ammo. They were doing custom drag curves for people. You just don't walk around carrying the rifle. You will pretalk to the AB people and pull up to their setup with your vehicle and rifle and bring it out. Or at least that's what I saw last year.

Yeah... don’t actually have a PR right now. Really investing into AR/defensive stuff currently due to the climate of the country and overall practicality. A bolt rifle is probably 2 years out if custom, 1 year if I go factory.

I’m going just to gain as much insight as I can and handle various stocks, actions, etc. to help with a build route.

Reactions: RS14
    Yeah... don’t actually have a PR right now. Really investing into AR/defensive stuff currently due to the climate of the country and overall practicality. A bolt rifle is probably 2 years out if custom, 1 year if I go factory.

I’m going just to gain as much insight as I can and handle various stocks, actions, etc. to help with a build route.
    smart plan

PRE 2018 sealed my decision for a Tikka Rifle
    PRE 2019 sealed my decision to upgrade from a Bravo chassis to a MDT ACC chassis and to shift from Pic rail mounted bipeds to ARCA mounts.
    Well worth the trip each time.

Reactions: PBWalsh and bgavin
    Since no one posted all the details yet...

90168664_1260415800830657_5458436948228046848_o.jpg

A collection of the top manufacturers and collective talent for all things related to long range precision shooting. The host location is one of the premier long range shooting facilities in the Southeastern US - Arena Training Facility. This location provides a unique opportunity to see the top equipment used by the best shooters in the country, where attendees can participate in seminars providing valuable education, and try out this equipment at many of the on-site long distance ranges. In addition, if you like what you see, many of the exhibitors will be offering their products for sale on-site. Event dates are September 26th & 27th, 2020. For more information or to register, you can visit www.precisionrifleexpo.com.

72555327_1125744860964419_3880568536086609920_o.jpg

Cost to Attend the Event
    The Precision Rifle Expo 2019 is open to the public. Preregistration for the event is $35. At the door, the cost is $50.
    Access to all the exhibitors in the main tent hall and range locations, plus the educational classes for both days, are included in this expense. Class Signup will not be required this year. Just go to the event, and attend the class of your choosing. Stay tuned as we list our courses and instructors in the coming months leading up to the Expo.

91501966_1268365973368973_6047965198659092480_o.jpg

All those 12 and over are welcome. Those between 12 and 18 must accompanied by a Parent.

Personal Firearms
    At the Precision Rifle Expo, there will not be personal firearms allowed on the ranges.

90631366_1263534200518817_4298367226471251968_o.jpg

Reactions: RS14
    You should be good to CCW. Many people did last year. Also if AB is gonna be there. You might wanna bring your rifle and your ammo. They were doing custom drag curves for people. You just don't walk around carrying the rifle. You will pretalk to the AB people and pull up to their setup with your vehicle and rifle and bring it out. Or at least that's what I saw last year.

You can conceal carry, however, no personal firearms are allowed on the ranges. The custom drag curves with Applied Ballistics were prearranged for the classes that were being offered, but the PRE does not allow personal firearms on the range outside of whatever an exhibitor has prearranged for obvious safety and liability reasons.

Reactions: PBWalsh and RS14