• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2022 Black Friday Sale Thread

Looks like the auto scale out is working!

Next time MDT just scale site out to max an hour before the sale starts. You can the let autoscale down scale after that.

... defend them, stick up for them and buy a ton of stuff because they’ll “make good”.
Yep. Because, since I got involved with PRS-style competition five-plus years ago, I've had the opportunity to get acquainted with MDT's CEO and am aware of several examples of how he has gone WAY beyond the norm for MDT customers (individuals and as a group). Respect. Honor. Integrity. Traits sadly lacking in today's society, often replaced by bloviating victimhood demonstrated by people who only wish they could get away with what they accuse MDT of doing.

@MDT_OFFICIAL , I told the boss a day or two ago I don't know why y'all subject yourselves to the effort of this sale every year and the criticism MDT gets as a result, but I always look forward to it (the sale!).

But the annual catastrophe has indeed become as legendary as the sale... I can see where people could suspect each successive year's calamity is a marketing ploy. Reminiscent of big jackpots in lotteries... gotta play to win...

Hang in there guys.

[Full disclosure: I did utter lengthy streams of profanities at significant volume when I couldn't get my 3rd ACC chassis and a Ckye-Pod!]

Last edited:
MDT is a great company but don't pretend like this is not their most profitable time of the year. You guys act like they are doing us all a huge favor when they probably sell a large chunk their yearly inventory during this sale.

There is no fucking way a Bipod like this costs $500 or even $300 to make when it sells for $800+. Every other similar comparable one sells for half of what these are going for from Warne, Accutac, Tbac,ect and you know damn well they are still making money at those prices.

Even at 40% off, they are still making sizable profits. We all know there are no blems as every fucking blem we have bought the last 2 years looks mint from mags to bipods to chassis. Its a way to sell inventory at a lower price without devaluing the product long term. Most people aren't going to pay $800 for an overpriced bipod so this sale is the once chance per year (And i have yet to see a ckypod or ckypod cert on a table, just the 50% off ACC chassis) to get something they want but wouldnt pay the full retail price for.

What is irritating is people carving out time on their holiday to try and take advantage of the sale, only to waste an hour of their time and walk away with nothing but frustration. Same shit, every fucking year.

So forgive me if I don't have alot of sympathy for their self inflicted wounds during a time they are still making money hand over fist. You can call me an asshole and you are probably correct.

Mostly here for the comments.

There is more up/downs that an orgy video on their site. I just wanted a HNT26 or LSS. By 5:01 it was down, barely got the sort button hit and it was giving server errors.

:cry:
Try ordering a HNT26 from preferred barrel blanks (if they have your config in stock). 10% off with code Christmas2022. You’ll pay for shipping but maybe no sales tax depending on where you are.

Reactions: Drhorsepower
MDT does a lot for this sport and they are genuinely good people. Never thought I would see so many people complain over a sale!
You clearly were not around for their last couple black friday sales that have gone wrong :)

I never thought I'd see people upset they couldn't spend $600 for a blemished bipod. :ROFLMAO: Not that long ago people were complaining that an Atlas for $250 was overpriced.

Think about that for a minute......MDT sells $1000 bipods....great as they are....meanwhile for $900 SIG will sell you a set of binoculars that will range a couple thousand yards, has built in AB lite, connects to your phone, kestrel, garmin, can send solution strait to their BDX optic, etc. Sig must get up everyday saying "God Dammit we're selling our stuff too cheap!!!!! These guys are paying $1000 for BIPODs!!!!"

Try ordering a HNT26 from preferred barrel blanks (if they have your config in stock). 10% off with code Christmas2022. You’ll pay for shipping but maybe no sales tax depending on where you are.
I doubt people give a shit about 10% since you can get that year round from most places with mil/leo/prs discount. 40% is different and prices it where it's actually a decent buy vs laughable at $1600

Yep. Because, since I got involved with PRS-style competition five-plus years ago, I've had the opportunity to get acquainted with MDT's CEO and am aware of several examples of how he has gone WAY beyond the norm for MDT customers (individuals and as a group). Respect. Honor. Integrity. Traits sadly lacking in today's society, often replaced by bloviating victimhood demonstrated by people who only wish they could get away with what they accuse MDT of doing.

@MDT_OFFICIAL , I told the boss a day or two ago I don't know why y'all subject yourselves to the effort of this sale every year and the criticism MDT gets as a result, but I always look forward to it (the sale!).

But the annual catastrophe has indeed become as legendary as the sale... I can see where people could suspect each successive year's calamity is a marketing ploy. Reminiscent of big jackpots in lotteries... gotta play to win...

Hang in there guys.

[Full disclosure: I did utter lengthy streams of profanities at significant volume when I couldn't get my 3rd ACC chassis and a Ckye-Pod!]
I never said MDT and their employees aren’t good people. Frankly, I’m complimenting them by having a phenomenal marketing strategy and having every potential customer chomping at the bit to buy their stuff. Kudos to them.

Not really complaining about MDT. I’ve taken plenty of certs off the table from them and been sent free mag followers and generally never been disappointed. It’s the mis-application of expectations that gets me every year…except those rare years when I get through the chaos and score something.

Reactions: Schütze
You clearly were not around for their last couple black friday sales that have gone wrong :)

I never thought I'd see people upset they couldn't spend $600 for a blemished bipod. :ROFLMAO: Not that long ago people were complaining that an Atlas for $250 was overpriced.

Think about that for a minute......MDT sells $1000 bipods....great as they are....meanwhile for $900 SIG will sell you a set of binoculars that will range a couple thousand yards, has built in AB lite, connects to your phone, kestrel, garmin, can send solution strait to their BDX optic, etc. Sig must get up everyday saying "God Dammit we're selling our stuff too cheap!!!!! These guys are paying $1000 for BIPODs!!!!"
Made in China garbage from sig is not comparable when you use slave labor and stolen IP.

Is this an MDT flame thread now?
i have no beef in this game - but i am on the east coast, and site was throwing constant 'too busy' banner for a whole time when items were still in stock, and cleared only after all worth taking was gone.
may be some have desire and patience to hunt down for this stuff, second blem on 40% sale, i got myself XLR element 4 with a grip for $387 shipped 2 days ago, yes, it is more than a blem lss-xl gen1, but it was zero hassle, and, it is not a big deal for me to fight over $40-$20 difference that hard.

mdt cold have done stress test on the web site to avoid that BS, i guess they keep it like that for sport year after year - it is their business.

$181 for a hi speed national match!

Reactions: slick19
Got an MDT xrs t1x in fde. Wish it was lefty from factory though. First MDT black Friday I've tried to get something.

Fuck MDT. This is the message I had in my cart:

9514E036-4CA2-4C70-A7FB-47B3A693DD95.png

“Someone has placed an order for one of the items that you have in your cart. We’ll keep it for you for 39:51 minutes.”

So, I didn’t worry about it because the message clearly states I have time.

I know there is another message above it that says: “The inventory level for the following product is below what you ordered, so we could not proceed with the checkout: CKYE-POD Gen2 Triple Pull - Factory Second.” It did not say this the first time the other message came up. The site crashed, I had to reload 5 times, and then it said the second message. The message itself makes no sense. If the inventory is below what I ordered, then it should be back ordered. Not my fault.

And everyone saying something along the lines of people complaining about this are babies or dicks for complaining about a sale…no we’re not. A company maximizes traffic and interest and allows you to add the item to your cart, even telling you that you have time to checkout and still have the item in your cart. Then they fuck up the site and tell us we didn’t get there fast enough.

Needless to say, some people have more invested in this than others, but the bottom line is if a company says something, they should follow through with it, not blame tech. I didn’t even know this happens every year, which makes it even more frustrating to me.

I called MDT about it and no one is answering the phones today. Understandable given the holiday. I then emailed their CS support and they told me the following:

1AEF69B2-93C3-45B4-A1BB-6A743C2FACDA.jpeg

That was customer service’s suggestion. This is why I say, fuck MDT.

• Haha
Reactions: spife7980

View attachment 8006614

“Someone has placed an order for one of the items that you have in your cart. We’ll keep it for you for 39:51 minutes.”

I know there is another message above it that says: “The inventory level for the following product is below what you ordered, so we could not proceed with the checkout: CKYE-POD Gen2 Triple Pull - Factory Second.” It did not say this the first time the other message came up. The site crashed, I had to reload 5 times, and then it said the second message. The message itself makes no sense. If the inventory is below what I ordered, then it should be back ordered. Not my fault.

And everyone saying something along the lines of people complaining about this are babies or dicks for complaining about a sale…no we’re not. A company maximizes traffic and interest and allows you to add the item to your cart, even telling you that you have time to checkout and still have the item in your cart. Then they fuck up the site and tell us we didn’t get there fast enough.

Needless to say, some people have more invested in this than others, but the bottom line is if a company says something, they should follow through with it, not blame tech. I didn’t even know this happens every year, which makes it even more frustrating to me.

I called MDT about it and no one is answering the phones today. Understandable given the holiday. I then emailed their CS support and they told me the following:

View attachment 8006624

That’s why I didn’t waste my time writing customer service as I knew that would be the answer. I did let them know on Facebook and got a typical response about other items still in stock. Doesn’t help me. Again oh well.

Honestly, this pisses me off less than companies that let you check out and pay and receive a confirmation email only to later send a ”nevermind, we don’t have it” email. Thats some bullshit.

View attachment 8006614

View attachment 8006624

What a fucking joke. Yea make multiple orders so you get charged shipping on every item and probally don't hit free shipping threshold.

If you can add it to cart it should be yours. Every other e commerce platform this is the case from ticketmaster to hodgden.

Reactions: aroddc3 and OREGUN
What a fucking joke. Yea make multiple orders so you get charged shipping on every item and probally don't hit free shipping threshold.

If you can add it to cart it should be yours. Every other e commerce platform this is the case from ticketmaster to hodgden.
That's not true at all. There are tons of places that will sell things out of your cart. I'd think damn near all ecommerce is that way. No one is going to let you just sit shit in your cart for however long you feel like wothout selling it. This is just magnified because shit sells out quick.