• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2022 GAP PPR (Who’s running them?)

sneakypayload

Shoot at things semi far away
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2021
MO USA
Title.

I ordered a GAP PPR left hand in 6gt as a backup rifle/production rifle.

Primary rig is a 22GT open gun, but strongly considering throwing a leupold on it and running production this year on the PPR.

Anyone that has received their guns (the left hand ones aren’t available til Jan 1 basically) how do you like the Curtis actions on them vs the defiance from the 2022 model?

I’m not gonna lie, I ordered an MPA BA in 6 creed with a Curtis action, and ran it at the range approximately 100 rounds and it felt like dogshit. Worst 2500ish I’ve ever spent, and I sold that bitch and bought an impact/prefit barrel, manners mcs-prs-tcs and never looked back.

I liked the idea of a 2500 dollar “good performing rifle” but didn’t realize gap switched to Curtis actions.

What’s the downlow on these so far? I’m not here to trash GA at all, just want honest reviews of whoever has hands on them and has ran them a few hundred rounds, if they feed well, actions are smooth, etc.

Reactions: BurtG
I ordered a left handed 6mm gt just like you. I have a ppr from the first year they offered them in a 6mm cm with the defiance action. It will be interesting to see the difference in the two actions on the same rifle.

I cancelled my order. Not because they aren’t good rifles I don’t think, but I’m going to stay in open.

Speaking of these rifles,
Why don't they offer them in 6.5cm?

Because they want to actually let people be competitive.

Not to mention that means a different caliber for barrels, more time assembling and testing for a different sku, etc.

The Meta is fast 6mm now. Also there might be some sort of production rules involved.

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG