• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2022 Hunting kill thread

@KeithStone
An absolute dandy deer, some nice velvet on there.
Looks like a great early Sept to me!!

Where was this?
Just the state, no need to give up a good hunting ground to the masses.
Dont look like NW AR to me….. 😆

@powdahound76
Haha a great start to September hopefully it continues for the fall!!

It was MT so pretty good jog from home country lol I was planning on burning my 13 points for CO elk this year but with the rule change I didn’t want to lose my MT points so changed plans and get to look forward to CO the rest of the year!

Reactions: powdahound76
22 mulie jpg.jpg

I was chasing a bigger one for the first part of the season. Was one step from having him on day 2. He either got shot in muzzle season or has just been ghosting me. At any rate, this guy was bigger than what I have been passing on and it was time. He would have been a real nice deer next year, but I killed him so we'll never know.

Last edited:
That's badass. My buck with a bow also lost the staring contest. Good job.
He stared at me for what must've been 5 minutes. His nose told him something was up. I decided to wear the ghillie suit today. I really think it made all the difference.

you make the suit or just one of the ones you buy?

Guessing ground?

Kick butt either way, just like to know all the story.
Tell us about. your set up, arrows, all that too.
Like a rifle and a fine hand load man!

you make the suit or just one of the ones you buy?

Guessing ground?

Kick butt either way, just like to know all the story.
Tell us about. your set up, arrows, all that too.
Like a rifle and a fine hand load man!
Arcturus suit. Nothing fancy. Tree stand about 10' up. Showed up 20 minutes after I planted my ass. Diamond SB1 bow, carbon express arrows, and muzzy broadhead. 12 yards out. Pass through shot. Ran 50 yards, stopped, walked 10 more ......then no more.

20220813_171603.jpg

Pistol kill. 124gr xtp out of a 19X. 30 yard shot maybe. Wandered up in camp. Made a bad shot but it still did the trick. I was trying to shoot center of the neck but that low left twitch got me again. Broke the leg but pushed through into the vitals. No exit. Made it about 50 yards.

Colorado public land bull. 150 yards. 22” 7mm STW 175 ABLR.

Found a dead head.

And buddy killed a goofy bull about 100 yards from mine.

Attachments

• 43D69AF2-3AFB-4F0E-B5F1-D27AE22799FA.jpeg
    43D69AF2-3AFB-4F0E-B5F1-D27AE22799FA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
  • 04FA5A7B-E5D7-424C-9EBB-FFD3E1EE5F97.jpeg
    04FA5A7B-E5D7-424C-9EBB-FFD3E1EE5F97.jpeg
    887.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 2E1FB09D-DC8F-44AC-A5DB-9ED11A6E2E8B.jpeg
    2E1FB09D-DC8F-44AC-A5DB-9ED11A6E2E8B.jpeg
    813.2 KB · Views: 122
  • C7D88C98-3715-416B-81BE-AB8FA3ECA256.jpeg
    C7D88C98-3715-416B-81BE-AB8FA3ECA256.jpeg
    942.8 KB · Views: 122
During the honorably discharged Veteran’s and Youth season, I got a neat little button buck. He was not what I wanted, hoping the 8 point I saw earlier in the day would walk out, but for the freezer, he will do. Will spend the rest of the season, waiting for that 8 point or his brother.

Attachments

• EE97E296-A542-4C56-8CF7-036A2E4FF49D.jpeg
    EE97E296-A542-4C56-8CF7-036A2E4FF49D.jpeg
    391.5 KB · Views: 57
Bowtech, Carbon Icon. Its light. Easier on my elbow carrying it all day. Its a 70 lb bow turned down to 66-67 lbs. if it was a Hoyt I would have mentioned it with the kill. How do you know if somebody is shooting Hoyt? They’ll tell you.

Last edited:
Hearing a lotta critters in several states seem to have a little extra fat this year.

Did you notice this on your Mulie?

No. Pretty standard for the area. They were in two different units. Though adjoining, the buck had very different feed options from that cow. The antelope doe from out east had exactly zero fat.

Reactions: powdahound76
Hearing a lotta critters in several states seem to have a little extra fat this year.

Dad and I were having this conversation. I have seen more squirrels the last month running around on the ground and collecting nuts and even out in hay/bean fields. He said his grandfather always told him that was a sign of a bad winter.

Spent the last ten days hunting these and several more. All measuring at the top for each animal species! Lots of great hunting the past week and a half.
what cal/bullets were you using...must have been a great time

The little buck I scored last Tuesday, was plenty chunky. Lots more deer than one would think just looking at him.

Even worse than the photo of the 10 point is this 8 from the other evening. Once I get the euros back, I'll post something that doesn't look like it was made with a 4MP camera from 20 years ago. My wife was extremely unenthusiastic in having to come out (she was sick).

Unfortunately for me, I'm tagged out on bucks for the season already, and I have a couple monsters that a cruising the ranch right now in daylight.

Sometimes it sucks having no discipline.

20221014_193951.jpg

Got my euros back already. 2022 is in the books, although it kind of stinks to be tagged out before the fun kicks off. Really should have passed on the 8, but I made a split-second decision.

Now my 'honey-do' list has tripled.

20221029_180105.jpg